ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #1
zoeed OP
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Anyone know West Bay Motorsport? Hayward,CA

First of all I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.

I'm looking to purchase a bike and some spare parts from this dealer but don't have anyone in person to confirm/help/assist me in CA.

I'd be in highly obliged if someone could possibly help me with regard to my purchase.

The dealer has sent me account details of his bank to wire money to him, and I have my shipper on hold to pick up the bike from him. However, I'm a bit hesitant, no disrespect to the dealer/owner of the showroom, but I don't want to be caught up with any scam.

I looked up the dealer from the kawasaki site, so the dealership is legit, I know that for sure.

I just need to have confirmation of the bank account details he forwarded. I will also ask my bank if they could help me confirming the details, however the best option I believe would be for someone to ask them in person to give the dealership's bank details for online transfer and I can easily cross check them.

If all else fails, I will never the less, send a few dollars and confirm over phone so as to be sure that I'm not being duped.

Thanks a million in Advance.
Regards
zoeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:49 PM   #2
JoeDuck
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 903
This may be worthless but I live in the north bay. I just googled West Bay Motorsport and your ADV post was the first to mention the name. Either the name you've provided is wrong or Google doesn't think the place exists.

If you're referring to Easy Bay Motorsports (fwiw Hayward is in the east bay) they do have a page with 2.5 out of 5 stars on Yelp w/128 reviews. Other than that I have to go the Sgt. Schultz route and claim "I know nothing".
Old 01-02-2014, 04:04 PM   #3
Matt fe2o3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 494
Well your post sets off all the bells and whistles of a not so poorly written 419 type...... However to play devils' advocate:

If you are exporting the bike out of the USA then your shipper/forwarder is the correct person to verify the bank routing details. They have to do the title verification for Customs anyway.

Except for one reason, I cannot fathom why you would buy a bike in California for USA export if you are in Pakistan. Aside from the California emissions and generally higher sales costs it does not seem to make a lot of sense, particularly as the main ocean shipping service routes for APL and Maersk to Pakistan are off the US East Coast via the ditch.

Hmmm......
Matt fe2o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:15 PM   #4
antwon412
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
I live there. I think you are referring to East Bay motorsports.

I would avoid them if I were you. There are not the best in customer service and they routinely get over on people on price. They take advantage of people a lot.

You would do much better sending your business to Fremont Honda Kawasaki.
antwon412 is offline   Reply With Quote