ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Definite Committed Interest in this bracket?
950 SE-R 18 13.95%
990, 950 ADV 111 86.05%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2011, 04:39 AM   #46
ACP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbaby View Post
Hi I would be interested in one of your brackets if it would it fit a 950Adventure 2003 with G-IT sump guard.
the BD one will not fit as the 03 frame is different
As with the Black Dog relocator plate, 03 and 04 Adventures will need some modification to the frame >>>

Approx 1" square part of the frame needs removing. This took 5 mins with an angle grinder.

Charlie will be sending me the prototype as soon as it's been fabricated for testing.

From what I've seen, the final product is going to be better than any other on the market. Charlie has put in a lot of time and effort to make this so, otherwise the endeavour would have been pointless I guess.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #47
charlie264 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,621
Guys I finally got the SE relocters today, the plate is finished in a twin layer powder coating. The spacer bush is made from marine grade Stainless Steel, it is exactly the same size as the KTM one, and has been made to be directly compatible and interchangeable with the KTM centre stand, if you have one, but it won’t rust.
I recommend the SS bush is still used without a centre stand. All the bolts are shouldered and cut to correct length so it’s just bolt up and go. I have left the M8 long, it can be shortened if needed.

THIS IS FOR A STANDARD SE, If you have an aftermarket sump guard that uses the Adv mounting points, I will have the Adv relocaters hopefully next week. Or use washers to space the the plate to the aftermarket sump guard supports.

If you are interested in one, please go to Vendors.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=731769

Name:  DSC0fin1.JPG
Views: 2654
Size:  148.1 KB

charlie264 screwed with this post 05-08-2013 at 05:36 AM
charlie264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #48
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie264 View Post
... you shouldn't mount the bike using the side stand is the same for all bikes; you just don’t because it’s just too much force on a small area ... ...
Listen to this Wise Man

I like your Way of thinking & straitforwardness

I've also thought this for many many years

I cant Stand to see someone mount their bike like a Horse or a KLR rider

Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #49
charlie264 OP
Beastly Adventurer

I’m sorry to those who are interested in the Adv plate, ACP I haven’t forgotten you. The company making the pates, told me within 7 days, well that was up on Monday, I phoned them and it seems the CAD guy has been ill. Hopefully I will have some indication next week, on the plus side the engineering shop doing the milling are superb and fast, the powder coaters have shut up shop for a week’s holiday. Did someone once say patience is a virtue?

charlie264 screwed with this post 05-08-2013 at 05:37 AM
charlie264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:52 PM   #50
charlie264 OP
Beastly Adventurer

On Tart's SE.

Name:  P1020337.jpg
Views: 1551
Size:  118.3 KB
Old 09-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #51
charlie264 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I’m sorry to those who are interested in the Adv plate, ACP I haven’t forgotten you. The company making the pates, told me within 7 days, well that was up on Monday, I phoned them and it seems the CAD guy has been ill. Hopefully I will have some indication next week, on the plus side the engineering shop doing the milling are superb and fast, the powder coaters have shut up shop for a week’s holiday. Did someone once say patience is a virtue?
Guy's the new plates I ordered, well 16 days later and numerous calls, today I went to collect. And they are all 3 mm out on the shark fin bit and holes are the wrong sizes so I rejected the order, the CAD engineer is back this week and he has promised them for me tomorrow. He wasn’t a happy bunny, fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:40 PM   #52
Bannisdale
....snowing now!

Oddometer: 209
Shit happens...

I bet you wish you never started this project!

Keep the faith....we are!
Old 09-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #53
charlie264 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannisdale View Post
I bet you wish you never started this project!

Keep the faith....we are!
Thanks man, you’re not wrong.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:59 AM   #54
mato409
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Hi Charly, im in for the adventure relocater.
Im from Argentina, the new "Dakar " land!!
mato409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:34 PM   #55
Terlingua
Terlingua

Oddometer: 245
Patent

I should have got a patent on this 2 1/2 years a go when I came up with it. Then Kurt at Black Dog screw me over as he seem to do all the guys with new ideals. Oh he feed you a good line and said I'll even make paper work saying this is your ideal. Well good luck with that one. If I was you I would not show a damn thing on here. Evey one else will just F you over.
I have made some things for the 950 that per dated a lot of things I have seen one here. Ones that later look like some one must have seen what I have done. But that all right, good for them if they can keep that money in their pocket.
Now I know I well get some of you bad mouthing me. And that fine I don't give a rat ass what you thank. I'm just telling you how it is.
09 KTM 450 XC W-plated
Terlingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #56
Bannisdale
....snowing now!

Oddometer: 209
And your point is.......?

Old 10-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #57
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,671
Quote:
Guys I finally got the SE relocters today, the plate is finished in a twin layer powder coating. The spacer bush is made from marine grade Stainless Steel, it is exactly the same size as the KTM one, and has been made to be directly compatible and interchangeable with the KTM centre stand, if you have one, but it won’t rust.
I recommend the SS bush is still used without a centre stand. All the bolts are shouldered and cut to correct length so it’s just bolt up and go. I have left the M8 long, it can be shortened if needed.

THIS IS FOR A STANDARD SE, If you have an aftermarket sump guard that uses the Adv mounting points, I will have the Adv relocaters hopefully next week. Or use washers to space the the plate to the aftermarket sump guard supports.

The cost of this kit is £45 plus post and packaging. Please PM me for detail.

Attachment 289630

Charlie, does your relocator fit an SE with a center stand?
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #58
charlie264 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
Charlie, does your relocator fit an SE with a center stand?
Yes, the spacer isn’t needed if you have a centre stand. But this is for a standard SE with the standard sump guard, if you have an aftermarket sump guard that uses the Adv mount points, the M8 bolt hole below the centre stand bolt... I will have the Adv plates ready this week that are compatible with the SE and aftermarket sump guard.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:09 PM   #59
charlie264 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannisdale View Post
Take it easy on the guy, he’s still selling his own plates.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #60
KTMforget
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terlingua View Post
I should have got a patent on this 2 1/2 years a go when I came up with it. Then Kurt at Black Dog screw me over as he seem to do all the guys with new ideals. Oh he feed you a good line and said I'll even make paper work saying this is your ideal. Well good luck with that one. If I was you I would not show a damn thing on here. Evey one else will just F you over. .
I have seen some delusional posts on this forum but this one has to be at the top of my list. I don’t appreciate a completely baseless personal attack on myself or my company. Thanks to our loyal customers, many on ADVRider, our reputation speaks for itself and we will continue to work hard to expand it.

First of all, I never screwed Terlingua over. I gave him advanced notice that I found a better design and would be phasing his out over time. I did this to try to avoid him holding a bunch of inventory that we were not going to purchase. Not something I had to do, but I felt it was the right thing to do. The new design, created by an engineer in Arizona, was not remotely similar to Terilinqua’s design and shared no common elements with it. The both served the same function – to protect the engine case - but that is where the similarity stopped.

I spoke to Terilingua on Friday about this and he is convinced the two designs are the same which is ludicrous. His design attaches to the bike in 5 places and still threads into the engine block. Our new design attaches to the bike on two places and completely isolates the engine block. His post was the first I had heard that he was unhappy with us and that he thought we copied his design. Anyone can look at the two products and see they are very different.

His statement of “screwing over all the guys with the new ideas” is complete fiction. We pay a royalty to the designer of the new side stand relocation kit design. We have this type of arrangement with several people who have come up with excellent product ideas and it works out great for everyone. They don’t have to bother producing or carrying inventory, we can use our local resources to have the products made in the U.S.A. on our timetable to our standards and the designer just cashes their quarterly checks. Easy.

My apologies for the highjack, but I felt this blatant, false attack merited a response, as delusional as the post was.

Now, back to your regularly schedule program….

We specialize in the best parts for BMW and KTM Adventure bikes. WE TEST WHAT WE SELL!! Not just MADE in the U.S.A., made BETTER!
KTMforget is offline   Reply With Quote