User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
TheBreeze2010 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
63days/18,900 miles. Florida to Alaska 6/2011

Made it home on Aug 8th, logging 18,900 miles on my 2008 Goldwing. Left St. Petersburg, Fl area on 8/5
which started the most awesome roadtrip to date. My biker buddy, Cliff, was supposed to make the trip with
me, but had some issues that prevented him from making it. But who steps in but my buddy Jim who states
he will be ready to go on the departure day. He was and my traveling companion's vehicle, a 2001 Corvette.
Seemed a little strange at first but quickly turned into the most unbeliveable roadtrip.

We both got lots of great information from this website, ie: packing, bear spray information, tool kits etc. I still
managed to overpack, but was truly happy to have some very warm clothes and a good rainsuit. The temps we
experienced were 37 and raining in Yellowstone to 112 around Death Valley. Alaska was mostly in the 50-60
range with ocassional showers.. We were able to make it to Coldfoot w/o issues, but declined to attempt the
balance of the Dalton on the advice of some truckers who said the road was in poor repair and had more than
the usual amount of trucks on it. We camped at Coldfoot and made our way back to Fairbanks the next day in
a cool rain..

The journey to and from Alaska was by far the best part. Motels some nights, camping on the others. Stayed
with a few friends on the way too... Have tons of photos that chronical this adventure and so many good memories
of the road. Working on the photos now. More to follow............................................ ....Breeze
TheBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner

Oddometer: 5,972
sounds great
welcome home
can't wait to see THIS ride report
a GOLDWING and 'VETTE
fantastic
thanks for sharing with us
Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
ClearwaterBMW is offline   Reply With Quote