Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2011, 07:12 AM   #46
haknslash OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
10/16/11:

Hours: 7.0
Miles: 150

Changed the oil in the bike today. Last time I changed it was at 2.9 hours/59 miles. I use a measuring cup while draining the oil on both the engine drain and the filter to catch the oil as it comes out so I can get a good reading on how much oil my bike is using. After letting it drain and leaning the bike from side to side I was able to squeeze out 550ml. I could probably squeeze out more if I put the filter in a jar and let the oil run off the paper element. I'm sure there is more oil trapped in the nooks and crannies in the motor. So with 50ml being the difference of what I put in last month on 9/3/11 hours: 2.9/miles: 59 vs what I got out it today I think it's safe to assume my bike is not burning any oil or having oil transfer problems.

Going for a good ride with some riding buddies today. Will report back on anything interesting. Probably a vid and some pics too.

Bike is running great! I have seemed to notice more of the exhaust ticking or whatever ticking sound or maybe it's just my head messing with me as I'm super crazy about sounds lol. I've listened to all the 530 vids on the net and my bike sounds the same so I'm just going to chalk it up as that's how these bikes sound with the stock exhaust and the way it mounts to the engine with springs. I don't think you can ever get a 100% sealed connection with their method so I'm just figuring the little tick I hear sounds like a small exhaust leak. It's coming from the front right upper side I think. Hard to tell. I don't think its the auto-decomp I'm hearing and I know it's not the CCT as the sound is not coming from there. That reminds me, I need to order a dirttricks CCT to replace the stocker lol.

ride on guys!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #47
rallyman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
rallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:04 AM   #48
Krazyjohnny
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
Hak,

Maybe a Dirttricks cam chain tensioner is in your future for the ticking noise.
08' 530 EXCR, 09' Yamaha FZ-6 and dreaming of a new bike
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:11 AM   #49
ekms377
The 2-Stroke Guy

Oddometer: 497
I have a Dirt Tricks installed with the HT oil cooler and it still ticks. I am going to remove the oil cooler and see if that helps. Might need a new spring??
'14 KTM 350XCF-W

ekms377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #50
haknslash OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Again, the sound is not coming from the left side of the bike by the CCT. It's coming from around the exhaust/top of the head area. Could be a noisy valve tap but I don't think so. To be honest I've been having too much fun riding the bike to really care about the ticking lol. I can't really hear it much when my helmet is on and if anything it's probably just my OCD making me more concious about any sounds lol. On a rainy or super cold day I'm going to set aside some time to locate 'the cause' but for now I'm not overly concerned as it sounds pretty much like any KTM 530 I've heard on youtube where you can hear the engine very clearly. I think it's 'normal' to have a little exhaust leak on these bikes due to the way the exhaust is held in by springs (tension).

180 miles on this bike so far and I'm loving it more and more!!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:48 AM   #51
scottmctag
Well travelled

Oddometer: 156
530 exc What model is it Trick bits and all

OK guys here is the story I am working and living in Qatar at the moment and thinking of buying a 2011 model 530 exc new from the dealer here the price is a little high but since I am limited to what I can buy here I will bite the bullet on that one. My question is what model is it ? the dealer called it a Factory model ? Now I am a doubting Thomas so dont believe them it has an Orange frame it sits higher than the 2010 and a valle seat and orange billet triple clamps with hand guards clear tank in fact it is a stunning looking bike compared with the 2010 model next to it
I have trawled the web and forums and cant find a picture of a similar bike to identify it so can anyone help
and sorry for the thread hijack this was the most recent thread with a similar subject content
KTM was founded in 1934 by Hans Trunkenpolz and was initially known as Kraftfahrzeuge Trunkenpolz. later, in 1953, an Austrian businessman named Ernst Kronreif bought a large share of the company which was the renamed to Kronreif & Trunkenpolz Mattighofen (KTM).
scottmctag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:18 PM   #52
haknslash OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thumb

Hours: 9.4
Miles: 203

Good day of riding. You can see more pics here http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=737895

Old 10-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #53
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,356
Nice thread, haknslash!

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #54
haknslash OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks nobrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmctag View Post
OK guys here is the story I am working and living in Qatar at the moment and thinking of buying a 2011 model 530 exc new from the dealer here the price is a little high but since I am limited to what I can buy here I will bite the bullet on that one. My question is what model is it ? the dealer called it a Factory model ? Now I am a doubting Thomas so dont believe them it has an Orange frame it sits higher than the 2010 and a valle seat and orange billet triple clamps with hand guards clear tank in fact it is a stunning looking bike compared with the 2010 model next to it
I have trawled the web and forums and cant find a picture of a similar bike to identify it so can anyone help
and sorry for the thread hijack this was the most recent thread with a similar subject content
If it's an orange framed bike sprinkled with all the KTM PowerParts orange anodized pieces then its the Six Days version. See here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photo...XCFSixdays.htm. That's probably what he meant by "Factory". You will love it!
Old 10-31-2011, 09:03 AM   #55
barrier
Says who?

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
Thanks nobrakes

If it's an orange framed bike sprinkled with all the KTM PowerParts orange anodized pieces then its the Six Days version. See here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photo...XCFSixdays.htm. That's probably what he meant by "Factory". You will love it!
In the UK we had the 2011 'Factory' edition bikes with the orange frame and assorted other 'bling' or 'farkles' as you may understand. It was just a way to sell on the last of the '11 bikes before the new generation EXC's were launched. It was not the 'Six Days' version but was about 10% more expensive than the regular EXC.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:59 AM   #56
Enecosse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
I live in Qatar, bought a 530 Factory Edition 2011 about 2 months ago (Alfardan), and previous place of residence Aberdeen Scotland......how spooky is that. Anyway just going out will write more later about the bike and the riding here.
Enecosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:45 AM   #57
scottmctag
Well travelled

Thanks for opinions and ideas

This is an excellent website always someone to help or assist got it sorted now it is a Factory edition and yes they threw bling on the thing to shift it but it does sit way taller than the 2011 model next to it and 7% would be about right as an additional cost the powerparts buying separately would cost around 10% so I reckon its a bit of all right for the cash
I have always found the last year of production of a bike to be the best I bought my 2006 KTM 950 Adv for this reason also and the 2006 fuel injected 990 was snatchy and flawed the first run of production, so my ethos is always to by the later models of the old not the first models of the new and besides I dont want EFI.

This is the Factory edition in the hands of..... David Knight ( I.O.M. )

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

The gearing will be 13/50 orange stealth supersprox after run in and did chain supplied with the bike as part of first service kit and also a supplied jet kit, Dont know sizes yet ?

Deposit has been put down on this one

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

And here is my 950 which I really miss, my mate starts it once a week for me and kept on trickle charge ( I feel an import coming on )

[IMG]ktm 950 adventure TT seat[/IMG]

Back home I ride all year round rain, hail, sleet, snow !

[IMG]ktm 950 adventure repsol[/IMG]
KTM was founded in 1934 by Hans Trunkenpolz and was initially known as Kraftfahrzeuge Trunkenpolz. later, in 1953, an Austrian businessman named Ernst Kronreif bought a large share of the company which was the renamed to Kronreif & Trunkenpolz Mattighofen (KTM).
Old 11-03-2011, 05:05 AM   #58
scottmctag
Well travelled

Awe right !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enecosse View Post
I live in Qatar, bought a 530 Factory Edition 2011 about 2 months ago (Alfardan), and previous place of residence Aberdeen Scotland......how spooky is that. Anyway just going out will write more later about the bike and the riding here.
Alright Enecosse,
Is your bike road registered ?
I am waiting on my RP so I can finalise the deal I have been here for three months but they messed up my application between my HR dept and Qatar commission so now looks like end of this month due to eid, so as a result I have no licence, speaking of which did you get any deal or anything with the bike ? I will do all my own labour work on the bike service adjustments and tyre changes etc so asked them to throw in some oil/air filters they said no (disappointing) also the cost will be 40,000 Qar on the road. Give me a call if you would like to hook up Scott 66911580 (diplomatic area al corniche)
I have plans to ride around Qatar off road from Doha to Al Shamal, from Doha to K.S.A border, Al Wakra to inland sea etc not just Sealine I have ridden there I bought a Suzuki RMZ 450 when I first got here but sold it KTM is for me. apart from this
[IMG]the @[/IMG]

scottmctag screwed with this post 11-03-2011 at 05:12 AM Reason: error code 1111111111111111
Old 11-03-2011, 06:49 AM   #59
scottmctag
Well travelled

EXCellent thread H&S

Quote:
Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
Thanks nobrakes

What an EXCellent thread Haknslash not only telling of the good bits but the bad parts and head wrecking too I like the raw honesty I think we have all at some point when it goes a little hay wire asked " what? why ? and other obscenities " when it doesn't quite go like it does in the video/Thread. I have it all to go through....... and keep up the thread its an inspiration.
Thank you.
Looking forward to the Headlight mod and tyre choice and suspension setting + changes and farkles etc etc
Old 11-03-2011, 06:55 AM   #60
Enecosse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
That's the price I paid, but I got third party insurance and registration included. I ran it in on the road, but now most of the road stuff is off. I just bought a trailer and won't be venturing back on the roads here again. If you have done some riding here already you probably realise that there is quite a big off road scene, they meet early hours on a Friday mostly Sealine, some hard core riders keep going through the summer months. There is a google group e-mail thing for communicating.
I am just getting back into riding after some years due family mortgage and the rest, but there is (as you probably know) a wide variety of abilities here so always someone to ride with.

The box of bits you get with the bike is useful (I do all my own fettling, back in the day rebuilding old Brit bikes was my thing). Couple of pointers check that the split link is included with the spare DID chain. Also remember to take the throttle stop out at some point, it makes that clicking sound when you apply max throttle twist, I suppose its in there for initial break in.
The Suzuki showroom on airport road will be stocking Motorex stuff if not already then sometime soon, if you are interested in a trailer Ronaldo is the man he makes or repairs them.
No doubt see you around I have your number.
Enecosse is offline   Reply With Quote