Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #16
stanbloke OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 220
As the owner of a 990S i had a real interest in doing this conversion. I talked to the guys at Motopodd and they said it could be done ( cheers for the time and good advice Rod !).

The Blue Roemer 990S looks great and ticks all the boxes but i would prefer a trials /enduro style chair rather than a "seat" or cockpit type. (see attached pic.)

I still need to convince myself that this is the right way to go with the KTM and not buy another make to convert to a Rig.

Hmmmm, we'll see.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2011, 10:35 PM   #17
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer: 6,122
I was hoping someone was making a pusher tire to fit the 18" rim.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:03 PM   #18
AdvRat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
So.... does anyone have any additional information on the blue Romer hack on the KTM Adventure? I am very curious about this one - is it a standard hack, kit, pieces, etc.? Is there a source for all these items in the States, and if so, what is a round about price to convert a 990 Adventure to this setup. It looks very nice and would be a great way to possibly travel with a little more gear than normal.
AdvRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:37 AM   #19
hensmen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
Dear advRat, i found the first article about the hack. It is from the German "Motorradgespanne" news. But i am missing
this number, it is the number 88. If you go in the forum from the MF, you will find it. I remember the prices, some years ago. About 9900 Euro, only to build it and 19900 complete with solo.
The so called ROEMERTEAM in Germany is a small firm, father and son. Their webside gives you pictures but no prices.
But i think they ship you the special parts, like fork and adabter plates for the front breakes.
From my airhead hack, i can say, they try to keep the most parts from the solo, so that you can repair, on the travel with original spare-parts.
The sidecar itselve is a EML E2000, the ROEMERS normaly build a frame themselve with different purposes. Closed hacks or open ones. But perhaps you can buy the EML E2000 in the states and the other parts by the ROEMERS.
At the moment i have problems with ouer harddrive, so i can`t show you my sidecar. Try google-pictures with hensmen
and find my aluminium-hack. It is my avatar in the 2-ventiler forum (airheads) in Germany.
Good luck, or come to europe and let it build, it is one off the last adventure. Or try to get in contact with coach, he travels at the moment in this area.
Greetings from Hans, hensmen, Reutlingen south-germany.
hensmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:58 AM   #20
Agent Wayward
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanbloke View Post
As the owner of a 990S i had a real interest in doing this conversion. I talked to the guys at Motopodd and they said it could be done ( cheers for the time and good advice Rod !).

The Blue Roemer 990S looks great and ticks all the boxes but i would prefer a trials /enduro style chair rather than a "seat" or cockpit type. (see attached pic.)

I still need to convince myself that this is the right way to go with the KTM and not buy another make to convert to a Rig.

Hmmmm, we'll see.
How are your plans coming along? Any more thoughts?

We're about to start the build of an XR650 enduro outfit as our huge Rocket III sidecar nears completion.

www.motopodd.com
Agent Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote