Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2011, 11:56 PM   #166
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealbigman View Post
Damn Charlton , 1956
Sorry, BigMan. It was Yul Brynner, 1956.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:26 AM   #167
tjrockit
One day closer...

Oddometer: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleplant View Post
Because i am calling dibs on making them that will fit every muffler in the world so let it be written, so let it be done, mike
If you need a guinea pig, please let me know. I'd be happy to try them out!!
*** The views or comments I express on this site and/or on any other site/forum/social media are strictly my own and do not reflect any past, current or future employer and/or any organization. They are solely my own personal opinions.***
tjrockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #168
thebigman
bout a dollar 3.98

Oddometer: 3,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
Sorry, BigMan. It was Yul Brynner, 1956.

Spud
Agreed .

08 xr650l ,99 xr650l, 10 HDXR1200X ,84atc200s 85atc200s, 80ct110 ,99xr70, 04xr650l ,

Dumb ass people do dumb ass things
thebigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #169
flatfender
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 776
Quote:
Hi mike glad your back, healthy and all , that's good news ,
the rear frame thing i think is a vibration issue , everything is to ridged welding makes it worse,
makes it brittle, something needs to go all the way from the foot peg up the blinker mount hole in a straight shot with no bends then (more of a perfect triangle) then it might work for a while

Is this the same guy that sells these racks? That sounds like an admission of liability, if he's legit he'll cover costs of frame repair.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #170
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,466
Quote:
ok i have had enough everybody having all the fun
somebody please send me a xrl frame so i can work this problem too, Ill pay the shipping , this is getting good
I have a frame (not my broken one) that was in my old bike and was declared by the insurance company a junked title. It yours! Shipping from 95482. When you come with a miracle weld on solution can you cut me a deal?

mendoteach screwed with this post 11-21-2011 at 09:51 AM
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:01 AM   #171
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,115
Even though Jungle Plant may have a cure for the frames cracking, I really don't see any liabilities on his part for the cracked frames, unless ofcourse Mr. Honda contracted with him on the frame design.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #172
jungleplant OP
Motorcyle Stuff

Oddometer: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
Even though Jungle Plant may have a cure for the frames cracking, I really don't see any liabilities on his part for the cracked frames, unless ofcourse Mr. Honda contracted with him on the frame design.
Thats why we dont do anything like that , I would love to build frames , but i dont want the (&^%^#$#@
that i would inherit , just not worth it,
But a bolt on thing
now thats another story
I think i have the solution what i need is the back portion of a xrl frame , anybody got a back half they can ship to me , ill pay the shipping

jungleplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:42 PM   #173
flatfender
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfender View Post
Is this the same guy that sells these racks? That sounds like an admission of liability, if he's legit he'll cover costs of frame repair.
Forget about liability and that. Instead of criticizing maybe I should offer something helpful. The smaller racks that have a load limit based on their size are okay. If a rack can hold all the stuff that Michael B. took with him its mounting system needs to be strengthened vertically and/or diagonally. There's no way on earth he was going to break the rack, the frame, even though was designed for two up is not up to the task unaided.

The CycleRack piece has legs that go down to the pegs, The TurboCity rack has a smaller bracket that bolts where the stock extension bolts to. That bracket works because it doesn't make the up tube a fulcrum point for the horizontal tube to rock on. FatherX put about 80 pounds on his TCI rack and took his bike to Baja for the beating of its life. Most guys poo-poo'd the Twisted Throttle frame braces but look at what Patrick loaded his bike with and then stacked 4 gallons of fuel on top of it all. Admittedly with a lot more bracing than just those pieces.

Even the simple DirtBagz racks help support the rear frame. As in the simple soft pannier racks the piece does not need to be a straight shot to be effective. Below is an example of the RikyCross Racing rear frame supports, apparently they hold up quite well.
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #174
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Agreed .
You're a good sport, BigMan.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Old 11-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #175
jungleplant OP
Motorcyle Stuff

Quote:
we always have a disclaimer that our racks are for looks only
and not meant for anything on them at all , not even a feather between 12pm and 12am anywhere in the universe
and its in the read the fine print

Old 11-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #176
jungleplant OP
Motorcyle Stuff

Quote:
Forget about liability and that. Instead of criticizing maybe I should offer something helpful. The smaller racks that have a load limit based on their size are okay. If a rack can hold all the stuff that Michael B. took with him its mounting system needs to be strengthened vertically and/or diagonally. There's no way on earth he was going to break the rack, the frame, even though was designed for two up is not up to the task unaided.

The CycleRack piece has legs that go down to the pegs, The TurboCity rack has a smaller bracket that bolts where the stock extension bolts to. That bracket works because it doesn't make the up tube a fulcrum point for the horizontal tube to rock on. FatherX put about 80 pounds on his TCI rack and took his bike to Baja for the beating of its life. Most guys poo-poo'd the Twisted Throttle frame braces but look at what Patrick loaded his bike with and then stacked 4 gallons of fuel on top of it all. Admittedly with a lot more bracing than just those pieces.

Even the simple DirtBagz racks help support the rear frame. As in the simple soft pannier racks the piece does not need to be a straight shot to be effective. Below is an example of the RikyCross Racing rear frame supports, apparently they hold up quite well.
i really like your design , do you have any from the top

Old 11-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #177
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR HANCOCK View Post
we are the people of the SOUTH........GOD-BLESS THE CONFEDERACY.
how's it going jungleplant...(mike)....?
I just got redirected to this thread from the XRL Owners Sign In thread. I didn't know you guys were hanging out over here! I'm now subscribed to this thread.

Incidentally, as with many others, I am an admirer of Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson. You might enjoy listening to the following song written as a tribute to Jackson's Shenandoah Valley Campaign of 1862, Lonnie.

Here's a link to some information concerning Jackson's brilliant campaign in the Shenandoah Valley.

http://www.shenandoahatwar.org/The-H...alley-Campaign

Spud
Old 11-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #178
thebigman
bout a dollar 3.98

Oddometer: 3,394
Spud, hang out for awhile , its all good , you were redirected when you corrected my incorrect Jepardy ?

I meant , who was Charlton 1956..

oooops still wrong .

I donr know what I was thinking Spud , I've seen that movie a few dozen times and still messed it up.

08 xr650l ,99 xr650l, 10 HDXR1200X ,84atc200s 85atc200s, 80ct110 ,99xr70, 04xr650l ,

Dumb ass people do dumb ass things
thebigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #179
jungleplant OP
Motorcyle Stuff

Quote:
Spud, hang out for awhile , its all good , you were redirected when you corrected my incorrect Jepardy ?

oooops still wrong .

I donr know what I was thinking Spud , I've seen that movie a few dozen times and still messed it up.
yep we are gonna get out the jigs for that brace , wipe the webs off and Crank em out like biscuits

Old 11-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #180
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

oooops still wrong .

Yes, my Yul Brynner reply got transferred over here, and I was automatically subscribed to this thread, BigMan. Indeed, I certainly do plan to hang out over here! Perhaps the Texans subscribed to this thread will enjoy a little more Confederate music.

Spud