Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #91
liorsmotoride
Lior's moto ride

Oddometer: 411
Jak ci sie podoba nowe Suzuki ? powodzenia w trasie :)
Parts Unlimited dealer and lot more
liorsmotoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #92
balkanska
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Looks like you gals had a great time, fantastico photos.
balkanska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:54 AM   #93
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

Oddometer: 291
01.10.2011 Seville

Fate again smiled to me Members of the Suzuki VanVan Moto Club took care of me in Seville. And everything happened quite by accident - the magic of motorcycling! I'm met some guy (Paco) on the gas station he wrote about me on the forum... and boom!! "you've got mail!!"

All the spanish cities are different ... so far.. the most charming for me was Seville. Which despite many sites do not lose youthful vigor, thanks to its residents. The city is the capital of Andalusia, which is full of fabulous views, which will always remain in my memory.

My heros!!

LadyCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:57 AM   #94
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiriqui Charlie View Post
All I can say is "WOW!"

You are fortunate to have such magnificent country to travel through, and it looks like you have been blessed with fantastic weather.

I have a question. Your photos are among the best that I have seen on this forum. Would you tell me how much experience you have had as a photographer, and what camera equipment you are traveling with? You have a very good "eye"
I am a total amateur!! I use Samsung NX10 and if I could be honest.. I use automatic functions in 90% of situations. But after your words guy's I start to think about photography course when I return.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:13 AM   #95
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCruiser View Post
I am a total amateur!! I use Samsung NX10 and if I could be honest.. I use automatic functions in 90% of situations. But after your words guy's I start to think about photography course when I return.

Until that course,check this out.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/pacific/...741?affil=twit
Old 10-16-2011, 09:36 AM   #96
E-man
4-4-09, 12-6-09, 1-13-10

Oddometer: 9,293
Lady Cruiser, your photographs are amazing, such a great eye for blending the VanVan and the scenery, amazing...

I also want to add, I dont know crap about real photography but from the great ride reports on this website, at least one thing is common, NOT facing an object head on for a photo...Check out Lady Cruisers few pics above from Spain, nothing is a direct head on photo and it adds depth and a different view...Great stuff
E.O.W. 12-06-09 Officer Crawshaw
E.O.W. 10-12-11 Derek Kotecki
E-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #97
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 100,739
What a great story. And I want a van van, too.

windigo
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #98
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

02.10.2011 Portugal

The magic of the ocean make that I decided to rest. I found a cozy camping where I rest for two days ... staring at the waves crashing on the cliffs.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #99
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

04.10.2011 Cabo de Roca

Cabo da Roca is western most extent point of the continental Europe. Yesterday along with Suzuki VanVan - we gained him

The surroundings are fabulous, and Sintra located right next to ... is a completely different world, having in itself something mystical ... what a pity that I didn't have time to see it closely ... there are streets so steep and narrow that while riding that I didn't have even a chance to take a pictures to the nicer buildings, because either there is a risk of falling or collide another vehicle.

The whole day was a challenge for me... because I had to ride over 500 km with a tour of the sightseeing it's really a lot! and this temperature!! (well, that outfit Modeka is prepared for that kind od challenge's and ventilation provides breathability). Hostels in Porto are closing at 23! ! ... I started to thing how will I make it as I began to struggle with fatigue and sometimes my own weaknesses. Once I have arrived to Porto, I found myself in a square: "well, nice and where is the hostel?!?" I started to climb the stairs, where there was no end .. The two old ladies came up with the help and 22:40 I was able to check in StepHouse, but struggling with my own weakness was not the end! Hostel was about 200 degrees from where I leave VanVan, and yet there was no time for whining ... when I brought all my luggage to the top .. I did not want to sleep, my heart was pounding as mad from the effort. I admire people from this city, who walk in the heat thoose paths every day.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #100
rubyeb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Thanks for the great photos

Hi Veronica. Early in your trip, you experienced the same problem I have. I like riding with friends, but it is so hard to have everyone so motivated to make the whole trip. I don't know why this is, but like you, if I can't go in a group, I go anyway. I wonder how much the little Vanvan's contributed. Decades ago as a fit and trip teenager, my first Portland, Oregon to Los Angeles trip was on a 1971 Honda cb750. That trip was not off-road, but Interstate 5 was not the multi-lane freeway it is today on some stretches.

I hope you will continue to comment here from time to time. Thanks for taking the time. It will be very memorible to you for your whole life.

Kevin
rubyeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:15 PM   #101
the darth peach
eats crackers in bed

Oddometer: 11,397
Nice work ladies!!
the darth peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #102
KaytM
Just a fella.

Oddometer: 202

Old 10-21-2011, 01:26 AM   #103
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyeb View Post
Hi Veronica. Early in your trip, you experienced the same problem I have. I like riding with friends, but it is so hard to have everyone so motivated to make the whole trip. I don't know why this is, but like you, if I can't go in a group, I go anyway. I wonder how much the little Vanvan's contributed. Decades ago as a fit and trip teenager, my first Portland, Oregon to Los Angeles trip was on a 1971 Honda cb750. That trip was not off-road, but Interstate 5 was not the multi-lane freeway it is today on some stretches.

I hope you will continue to comment here from time to time. Thanks for taking the time. It will be very memorible to you for your whole life.

Kevin
Hi Kevin,

well my biggest mistake was riding with stranger, someone that I met by internet and never seen before. If I would ride with a "best friend" I would know all behaviors, emotions that can follow while such a adventure to this person...
Well it happend what happend and to be honest I'm glad... because new energy jump in me when I started to ride alone. It was like fresh breath.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:47 AM   #104
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

05.10.2011 „Port Cale”

Porto is a city that doesn't have to prove anything! Full of old buildings, steep streets and the smell so specific to the age of buildings .... You will not find here the urban noise. And for that I loved Porto that people tolerate lose tourists through the streets; because laundry is hanging because it's hung and it's not a part of the exhibition .. for its unpretentiousness and intimacy.

I am glad that after an exhausting day, I found myself in such a charming place, where I experienced a bit of relaxation. And VanVan had respectable place to have a well-deserved rest .. right at the cafe, where elderly gentlemens play cards closely guarding him.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:11 AM   #105
Dekatria
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Oddometer: 939
Amazing pictures! Gotta love the bike too!
Dekatria is offline   Reply With Quote