User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
MT Backcountry OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Big Sky to Mexico and back

I started in Big Sky, MT on Monday, which is my winter seasonal home. Since then I've covered something over 1400 miles ranging from snowy and 30 degrees to today's high of 104.9 degrees on my F800 GS on interstate 10. Now here in Cali where I am staying with a friend in Temecula and my first ride report begins.

It's been great so far besides the somewhat temperature extremes. I've been camping and overnighting in Utah, Arizona, and Cali.

Tomorrow I'm going to cross the border and venture down the baja hopefully getting to la Paz by Tuesday-ish. Everything seems to be in order and in excellent working condition. This will be my first time heading down the baja, but I've travelled cross country mainland Mexico before (four wheels unfortunately). The ultimate goal of this trip is to get to La Paz, ferry across to Mazatlan, then visit my folks who live near Puerto Vallarta before heading back north where my fifth season as a field biologist in Yellowstone begins in mid May.

I've been utilizing advrider since November when the non stop day dreaming and investing in this adventure began. This is probably my 7th or 8th time exploring Mexico, but my first on two wheels. I hope to post some photos later on, but all I've got for now is my iPad. So hopefully later on some will be coming. Exciting new terrain for me and hopefully modestly entertaining posts fo you to follow. Tecate and beyond, here we go.
MT Backcountry is offline   Reply With Quote