User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #31
HalfFast
Double Secret Pit Ninja

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Actually, if a bee can take you out, there is no way you are manly enough for this ride.
lol, I actually snorted my Monster on this one! That hurt! oh and subscribed.

2012 2nd place NORRA Mexican 1000
2013 1st place NORRA Mexican 1000
HalfFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #32
caretaker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Hooked and waiting
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #33
Colorado Uli
Motociclista Non Elegante

Oddometer: 2,483
You suck!
Well, then again, maybe not. I was about to start writing up my own CDT ride report (plus some stuff in the Bitteroot mountains), but now I don't feel like it anymore. Rode it a couple of weeks form Steamboat Springs (Colorado) to that dangerous border shared with our North American "Aboot" brothers and sisters.

I would have probably called it the north american micro-brew discovery tour -- so many beers, so little time.

"Now with more SE then ever!"
Das KTM520
2004 KTM 625 SXC - Sick. Getting better
Colorado Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #34
wachs
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowakz View Post
You sir, are Hilarious!

love the pictures, love the comments.

+ 1

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere
wachs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #35
NCD OP
Dirty Hairy

Oddometer: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Uli View Post
You suck!
Well, then again, maybe not. I was about to start writing up my own CDT ride report (plus some stuff in the Bitteroot mountains), but now I don't feel like it anymore. Rode it a couple of weeks form Steamboat Springs (Colorado) to that dangerous border shared with our North American "Aboot" brothers and sisters.

I would have probably called it the north american micro-brew discovery tour -- so many beers, so little time.
I suck? You suck for not doing a ride report!
NCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:39 AM   #36
Colorado Uli
Motociclista Non Elegante

Oddometer: 2,483
Ok, now that we have the introductions out of the way, will you get on with it please.
Looking forward to it.

"Now with more SE then ever!"
Das KTM520
2004 KTM 625 SXC - Sick. Getting better
Colorado Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #37
MaxEpr
where'd who go???

Oddometer: 13
Bee Haave!

Totally can relate to the bee issue. Riding with the Killamanjaro open (our Outside Air Temperatures were higher because we left at the perfect time to go through New Mexico during the monsoon) I had a bee strike X3. Hit the chest just inside the left nipple. again above the belli button then the left love handle. I pulled over and stripped off the helmet, jacket and shook the offender out and my faithful friend looked at me like .... I don't see anything. I saw the beestard and crushed his little stinging a$$. It's amazing something 5/54ths of an inch ( a couple milimeters for the Canadians) can hurt a hee man like me. I would have used my foreskin to line the Kilamanjaro but I couldn't find anything that could cut it. I'm savig all my diamonds to by a KTM990.

Keep up the great report! I hope it's still raining when you get to the calitche. Now that would be some "Funny $hit" for the map.
MaxEpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #38
NCD OP
Dirty Hairy

Kinda busy this weekend, but here's this to tide ya over:

Old 09-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #39
chelo5sur
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
Hi, from Chile (southamerica) subscribed and following you ....
chelo5sur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #40
dancogan
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I'm allergic to bees so I'll have to live vicariously through your ride report.

Dan
p.s. Great writing!
dancogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #41
NCD OP
Dirty Hairy

Day 6
Wise River to Grand Teton NP
300 Miles

Woke up yet again with out being eaten by bears! Yay for me! And still fookin cold in the morning:

Can you believe it? Yet another beautiful day full of varying roads. Some blistering fast, some pretty jacked - all a good time.

This a*swipe has been following me all morning:

Take notice though. There are some areas through here that will be no fun at all in the rain:

You will find yourself lost in a daylong daydream through a vast, beautiful landscape:

I saw this gem of a deal for sale on the open prairie:

Cheap Bastard Travel Deal of the Day! When you pass the first entrance to Mesa Falls, politely give them the finger, and continue down the road. Those c-suckers want you to PAY to see the falls and take a whiz. WTF? Just keep going down the road to the next entrance. Free entry, free parking, and bathrooms so close you can taste them!

At this point in your trip, you begin to suffer from ASO (acute scenic overload):

You are now passing Big Sheep Creek, settled in 1903 by Cletus T. McWanger. Mr. McWanger named the creek after his prize-winning sheep, which would become the love of his life. They would later marry in Big Sheep Church in 1925 amid great public scrutiny and dishonorment. Legend has it that you can still see the ghost of an aroused Cletus chasing after the herds to this day.

Sometimes, the roads around here can get kinda shitty (get it?) Thats's crap on the road you moron:

Near the end of your day, you come to Ashton-Flagg road. Now, up to this point, the roads have all been a goddamn hoot to ride. But whomever gravels the first several miles of this road is a total dickhead. Way, way, way, way too much gravel. It sucks. He must either a.) Have stock in a gravel company, or b.) Want to nail the girl at the counter where he buys gravel, or c.) All of the above. Right about when you want to ghost ride your bike into the woods, it lets up and turns into a really great dual sport road, with lots of ruts, dips, rises, descents, and character. I hope he never 'fixes' these parts.

So, I roll into Lizard Creek Campground, whipped from my best motorcycling day ever. Nice, walk in sites with tight rules about noise and generators. (Important things to consider near national park shit-for-brains tourists.) I was informed that bears had been through the park several times in tha last few days, and to keep my food, etc. in the provided metal boxes. Gulp.

This sign was just a few miles down the road:

Shortly after setting up camp, I was giving my bike a look over as a man and his wife approached me. He had a lustful look in his eye as he began to ask questions about my bike, what it was, and how I arrived here a dusty, bug covered mess. As I explained what ADV bikes and riding are, I noticed that his wife had stopped short, and stood just glaring at both of us in disgust. I was clearly unraveling her hard earned work in breaking this guys spine > and she was pissed! I can remember seeing GS bikes in national parks out west myself, and wondering what they were, and being inspired by the travel and adventure possibilites they seemed to present. Now I was on the other side of the coin, inspiring someone else to seek out faraway places. Difference is, my wife kicks total ass, and she understands my wanderlust, as long as I come home in one piece!

As I laid in my tent that night I could tell I had a fever.

A fever that could only be cured with more COLORADO! (I'll explain later.)
Old 09-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #42
Gbob
Gone fishin

Oddometer: 47
Excellent I'm in

'06 TE 610
'89 XL1200
Gbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #43
Bob
Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer: 2,421
Nice report!
Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:39 AM   #44
NCD OP
Dirty Hairy

So, as many F800GS owners know, the stock seat is not the greatest. Fine for shorter rides, but a real nut smasher for long rides. Too soft, and too much forward cant toward the front. Basically, it's a 'front wedgie' machine. Is that a Melvin?

Enter XPC Racing. I needed a seat pronto, and they delivered big time. I told them about my time constraints, and they actually agreed to BEAT them, so that I could have the seat for a few weeks to break it in before leaving. What? Mitch and Jim saved my ass (literally.)

We decided on full gripper vinyl, and black stiching for an OEM look. Their vinyl is way thicker and more robust than the original, with a perfect amount of 'grip.' We chose medium-firm foam for long distance riding.

It's a bit wider, flat across the top, and the forward cant is gone. I can sit all day in peace with no tailbone pressure, and no testicle torture!

Oh, and at 36 degrees, it's hard as a f*ckin' rock!

All this at competitive prices and a 2 week turaround. Pretty kick ass.

NCD screwed with this post 09-13-2011 at 06:17 PM Reason: Lost the pics of lightweight gear. WTF??!?!?!?!?
Old 09-07-2011, 05:45 AM   #45
Stu
Buffo Maximus

Oddometer: 885
Carrying Too Much Crap

There are variants to shit (A Miles Davis "sheeee-it" comes to mind) you have missed and for which you should condemn then entire US education system. You cannot carry too much when you ride a KTM 525 (or later variants such as the 530 and now the 500 -- all 510 c.c. Marketing....). That's why Wachs has the superb Coyote so our crap doesn't disappear when we are jumping rain runoff dams on more primitive roads.

Stu
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote