ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2005, 04:56 AM   #31
OldnoGPS
Just a sightseer

Oddometer: 1,207
Wow, Merideth's bike is great. I had hoped to see you/her/them at Morton's, got there about 9 but had to leave a bit after 11. Light turnout by the time I left (compared to last year's extravaganza anyway).
Hope to see you guys riding around C'Ville after the bugs are worked out.
Ted
OldnoGPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 08:54 AM   #32
MrE
computer driver

Oddometer: 1,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldnoGPS
Wow, Merideth's bike is great. I had hoped to see you/her/them at Morton's, got there about 9 but had to leave a bit after 11. Light turnout by the time I left (compared to last year's extravaganza anyway).
Hope to see you guys riding around C'Ville after the bugs are worked out.
Ted
It does look great. I got to sleep with it while working on my bike a few weeks ago. Not that way you sick-os. It was in the guest house.

Sorry I missed you guys Anton. I had to cut out at 11... Well I was supposed to cut out at 11, but I saw Party Boss Rick coming in at about noon. Chatted with him for a few mins then headed out.

Good roads and good riding on the way there and back.
The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
- Thomas Jefferson
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 03:24 PM   #33
storymitchell OP
Member of the proletariat

Oddometer: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonLargiader
What was the nicest/oldest bike there? Meredith probably had a shot at that one.
Oldest bike was a 1937 R35, but I disqualified it as it belonged to the DC Vintage BMW club president. Next oldest bike was a /3, but I disqualified it as it belonged to the club president. Winning oldest bike was a 1969 R60US, so if you'd gotten there earlier your /3 would have won. From the looks of it you would have had a shot at "people's choice" as well.

More Pictures

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
storymitchell is offline   Reply With Quote