Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #46
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs

Oddometer: 2,005
Looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing.
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:46 PM   #47
The Toyman
Handy not Handsome

Oddometer: 759
Toyman Finish Day 5

Well it appears I did not take many more pics.

Well we decided to slab the last 56 miles or so, we got into some great downhill twisties and as I was in a hard right hand feeling the asphalt I heard this loud bang and the rear end started wobbling, got it shut down and bailed off and no flat, grabbed the rear wheel and it appeared to have blown the wheel bearing. Oleary showed back and we did not have cell service so he headed to Kremmling and call Keith and see if he would bring my Truck to us and I would try to limp that direction. Well I limped at a brisk 15 mph and got 8 miles to the major intersection 6 miles north of Kremmling and stopped to rest. As I was standing there looking at my rear wheel DRZ Charlie texted me, it appears the spot was not moving to quickly. As I was texting him I look up just in time to see a Hitch hiker heading across the road. Seems he was hungry and thirsty, I told him I could unpack my bike as the food was buried at the bottom so he declined, THEN he asked if he could stand behind my bike and PISS, I looked at him and told him he had better not piss on my bike, he turned away from me and the bike and let it go. After that he started telling me about how the Kremmlin Police had hauled him out here and dumped him, I pointed him in the direction of Utah and he started off and I jumped on my bike and headed on into Kremmling. Man that was the longest 14 miles in my life, finally reached Kremmling and parked at the first store and hooked up with Oleary. Keith showed up with my truck later and we ended a Great Adventure. Oleary was a great host and riding partner. Look forward to going out west next year. PS sorry for writing a book.

The Toyman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #48
katbeanz
earthbound misfit, I

Oddometer: 7,487
Great stuff guys! Look forward to riding with you again.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #49
OLEARY OP
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,409
I look forward to it as well. I still remember the last little ride we took from Oark to Catalpa. That was a lot of fun. I sure made you guys look good didn't I? You are more than welcome to join us on any of our camp and ride events throughout the year. Here is a link to the site in case you don't already have it. Usually camp Friday and Satruday night and have a dayride Saturday with a predetermined route. We usually have a grille and cook some grub as well so feel free to join us along with your other inmates.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:45 AM   #50
Utah Bones
Gas X ready!

Oddometer: 1,604
Very nice guy's, the Vernal pics are making me homesick.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #51
byways
byways

Oddometer: 2,145
Excellent!
byways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #52
NaturalDamRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Great ride report from both riders. I met O'leary at Sunshine Cafe Saturday and he told me about this trip.
Good read. Now on to the other reports.
NaturalDamRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #53
OLEARY OP
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalDamRider View Post
Great ride report from both riders. I met O'leary at Sunshine Cafe Saturday and he told me about this trip.
Good read. Now on to the other reports.
Thanks for taking the time to check out the ride report. Just bought a GPS off of eBay. Found a place in Florida to send my old GPSMap 276c to see if they can repair it. Garmin ran out of parts! Likely story! Now if I could just find my Spot I would be back in business. Thanks for taking a look see for it. Take care.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote