Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #166
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,635
You can get Brake and Shifter Snakes from Motion Pro, or just log on and look at them...easy to fabricate from the pic...not that I'd do anything like that.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE

Tarheel Wheeler screwed with this post 09-16-2011 at 01:42 PM
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #167
CHRIS_D
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
I use a hammerhead designs shifter http://www.hdmoto.com/ProductDetails...uctCode=KTM1SL (part number ktm1, but there are still a bunch of variations of color/length/etc) and it has held up thus far.

I also use a "brake snake" similar to this:http://www.flickr.com/photos/24373111@N08/2770001380/ that runs down through the shifter's pivot (the hammerhead pivot pin has a hole running vertically through it) and then forward to the skidplate to help keep it from getting bent.
Thanks, I was thinking of giving the Hammerhead shifter a try.Do you think it's more robust then the stock one?

I do have a brake snake (on the rear brake ), but don't have one on the shifter. I'm thinking it won't do me any good because my problem is that the gear shifter is always bending in towards the engine .
Old 09-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #168
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 776
Chris D: The hammerhead shifter is definately more "robust" than oem. They are nearly the same price as oem too, so if you need a new shifter anyway, definately go with the hammerhead. If/when you F one up, you can then just buy the individual pieces to fix it instead of dropping $70+ each time. I could go measure the difference in thickness with my calipers if you'd like. You should consider an set of clutch/ignition cover gaurds to keep the brake/shifter from busting through in a crash, I have these: http://www.adventure-spec.com/defaul...m-690-e-r.html

Bike Nomad: I've made my own brakesnakes before but the ones currently on the bike are motion pro (3 pack for $6 http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/pr...FamilyId=25547 ), it is nothing more than a small length of cable with a ferrel crimped on which can be done with a pair of pliers. The parts are available at most hardware stores and shouldn't cost more than $2-$3, hell, you could probably buy a 50 pack for that much.
The Letter J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #169
.chris
690 Advenduro

Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
Here ya go http://sigutech.com/index.php?option...d=28&Itemid=47

Group buy done awhile back. Sounds like everybody is happy with them.
So you are saying that there is no option to fix the seals on the current slave?
It is a 120euro replacment part, instead of a couple of seals? I think I am going to ask my local to see if the pistons seal/gasket etc can be repaired.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #170
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by .chris View Post
So you are saying that there is no option to fix the seals on the current slave?
It is a 120euro replacment part, instead of a couple of seals? I think I am going to ask my local to see if the pistons seal/gasket etc can be repaired.
Nope, just suggesting that alot of guys with the same issue opted to go with the Sigutech as a replacement and have been very pleased with the performance.

You can easily replace the seals, but many chose to upgrade.

Ride on!

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #171
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by .chris View Post
I had the replacement part number up here for a Yamaha O-ring which fit the slave and was around $1.50. Now that the megathread is gone, so is it.

I will have to go home to look the number up and can do so later tonight.
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:54 PM   #172
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
I had the replacement part number up here for a Yamaha O-ring which fit the slave and was around $1.50. Now that the megathread is gone, so is it.

I will have to go home to look the number up and can do so later tonight.
From ghost of mega crash

There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV

Sutherngintelmen screwed with this post 10-04-2011 at 04:51 AM
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:24 PM   #173
R-dubb
Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutherngintelmen View Post
From ghost of mega crash

This part only fixes slaves from '08 and '09 bikes. In '10 they started using a different (green) wiper seal in place of the o-ring.
R-dubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #174
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-dubb View Post
This part only fixes slaves from '08 and '09 bikes. In '10 they started using a different (green) wiper seal in place of the o-ring.
Shit! You are right. I'm sorry for false hopes. I forgot about that part.

Well, at least with the '08 and '09 bikes the stock fix is easier. If I had a newer bike, and didn't want to buy a Sigutech unit. I might almost entertain the idea of changing to an older slave for availability and cost of parts.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #175
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutherngintelmen View Post
From ghost of mega crash

You are getting pretty good at that. Thanks for the help.

(You might want to tone it down a little though, next thing you know you will the the "Librarian" and everyone will be sending you PM's for Megathread lookups.)
Old 09-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #176
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Yo guys, working on the HOW, trying to find a web hosting outfit. GoDaddy seems to be other than good
Old 09-16-2011, 11:38 PM   #177
Bill the Bong
Supern00ba

Oddometer: 839
In-line filter

I see that the 2012 250 and 350 SX-F models have an in-line serviceable fuel filter. Has any-one seen this? Small enough to use in the place of the quick dis-connects? Part numbers?
Old 09-17-2011, 03:19 AM   #178
CHRIS_D
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
Chris D: The hammerhead shifter is definately more "robust" than oem. They are nearly the same price as oem too, so if you need a new shifter anyway, definately go with the hammerhead. If/when you F one up, you can then just buy the individual pieces to fix it instead of dropping $70+ each time. I could go measure the difference in thickness with my calipers if you'd like. You should consider an set of clutch/ignition cover gaurds to keep the brake/shifter from busting through in a crash, I have these: http://www.adventure-spec.com/defaul...m-690-e-r.html

Just to double check it's the Hammerhead KTM #1 that will fit our bikes? The reason I ask is that the OEM part # doesn't match what they say it will replace. Thanks!!
Old 09-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #179
Barman
Way Offline

Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Bong View Post
I see that the 2012 250 and 350 SX-F models have an in-line serviceable fuel filter. Has any-one seen this? Small enough to use in the place of the quick dis-connects? Part numbers?
I'd look elsewhere for an inline filter. A few guys at thumpertalk have had issues with the sx-f filter plugging up already.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:48 AM   #180
blakrj
Need to ride

Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Yo guys, working on the HOW, trying to find a web hosting outfit. GoDaddy seems to be other than good
Been using 1&1.com for last 5 years and been pretty good. Cheap as well.
www.airborneriders.com
blakrj is offline   Reply With Quote