Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2011, 08:54 AM   #181
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Yo guys, working on the HOW, trying to find a web hosting outfit. GoDaddy seems to be other than good
I taught the founders of rackspace. It's a great company.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #182
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman View Post
I'd look elsewhere for an inline filter. A few guys at thumpertalk have had issues with the sx-f filter plugging up already.
Somtimes, that is a good thing.

It could mean that you are getting crap for fuel.

I wouldn't blame a fuel filter for plugging up.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #183
Velociraptor
TrackBum

Oddometer: 1,021
My turn 690r problem followup

Bike quit on me twice during a ride last week. Managed to make it home and got a good suggestion to look at coil connections. One was loose and was repaired. Did 15 min idle earlier in the week and went out for a test ride today. Bike ran fine. Took it out on the highway and ran the snot out of it with no problems. Total ride time about 30 minutes. Next step is to go on a long ride and see how it goes. So far so good.
2002 RC51 SOLD
2010 KTM 990 Supermoto R SOLD
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #184
Barman
Way Offline

Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Somtimes, that is a good thing.

It could mean that you are getting crap for fuel.

I wouldn't blame a fuel filter for plugging up.
I blame fuel system parts that aren't compatible with ethanol.
I've been using a treatment since new and have had zero problems.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #185
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman View Post
I blame fuel system parts that aren't compatible with ethanol.
I've been using a treatment since new and have had zero problems.
I second that. I am using fuel treatment in all my bikes, chainsaws, lawn mower, generator, weed blowers, etc. If I don't and let them set for more that a few weeks, I have carb problems.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:37 AM   #186
johnlt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 580
Overheating problem on 08 690E

Overheating problem on 08 690E. I replaced the thermoswitch to get the fan to come on earlier. No help. Checked the thermostat and it opened fine when put in a pan of hot water. Took it to the dealer and it overheated on their road test. They replaced the engine thermal sensor and took the cover off of the water pump and the impeller/pump look fine. They said they could not see the coolant flowing at all so ordered a new thermostat. If that is not it (and remember it tested good for me), they are stumped. Any ideas?
1975 BMW R75/6
Yamaha WR250R
johnlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:20 AM   #187
beaney
rally racer

Oddometer: 124
Rally raid have just put this on their site, rad guard to work with their tank kits.

This laser-cut 2mm stainless-steel Radiator Protector is designed to protect the radiator,but also has our unique design of attaching the OEM radiator screen and side panel screws to it,therefore removing the possibility of any damage being caused to the radiator in the event of a fall,or overtightening the M6 rad screen screws that fix into the top of the OEM radiator,resulting in a leak.
It will fit all Enduro E,R and SMC,and works with or without our Tank Kits fitted.
It is also designed to work in conjunction with our Engine Toolbox and our Radiator Guard.
Supplied with all necessary screws and fixings.
beaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #188
R-dubb
Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaney View Post
Rally raid have just put this on their site, rad guard to work with their tank kits.
Any love for that fan bezel that rubs holes into the radiator?
R-dubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #189
Pole
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Fuel line diameter

What's the fuel line outer diameter, the one inside the fuel tank? I'm planning a filter change and as far as I know, the OEM clamps will have to be destroyed. I'd like to know what size of the clamps I should buy, before I start fiddling with the filter? Many thanks in advance. P.
Pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #190
Michelangelo
2 wheel rider...anytime..

Oddometer: 1,632
I'm working on a line that will have colored radiator hoses for the 690. Price will be in the $40-50 range, about half the price of the only other option, Samcos. Will post in classifieds when I get them together. Or you can PM me.

Finally got my radiator graphics done. They are actually a graphics wrap. though I do have vector files of them if anyone has a printing biz and wants to make some up.

Michelangelo screwed with this post 09-18-2011 at 04:18 PM
Michelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #191
andykeck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
OK, I have to admit it now; my SMC has officially kicked my ass. I'm about two inches away from picking up the phone and ordering the Vortex ECU, but I'm not 100% convinced my problem is in the tune, so I'm hoping someone here will have some insight. I never got to read all of the megathread before it got sent to live on a farm, so I'm sorry in advance I'm going over old ground.

I recently replaced my fuel pump (it was making odd noises and appeared to be filling the filter and injector with a fine black gritty sludge), and the last piece of the puzzle was the new fuel injector that I picked up this weekend. After fitting the fuel injector, adjusting the throttle sensors, and loading fresh maps with the tweaks as per this Code Orange post, I did the throttle reset and the 15 minute idle.

The result was just about perfect. I would never complain again if the bike ran that way all the time. It was just great. But sadly, just like every other time I've gotten the bike to run really well, it only lasted maybe 5-10 miles before it began to get very jerky again, this time with a side of unsteady idle. It's just as if it's forgetting whatever compensation it made during the 15 minute reset in the course of everyday riding after just a short while.

I guess I could just go on only five mile rides and do the 15 minute reset each time, but that's not all that appealing. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on here?

This time I used the 4031 Akra map as a base, but I've had the same issue with the 4132 Evo 1 map. SAS and O2 sensor disabled in every case.
andykeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:58 PM   #192
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,761
Quote:
You mean the vector files my wife sold you for $10? The Vector files she spent hours and hours getting the fit correct? Don't forget about the material used in adjusting the fit? Just wanted to be sure I'm understanding it correctly.

Are your sponsored by Redbull? Do they know you're using their image?
Dang, $10?? She gave those files away. I know I spent at least 3 hours creating the templates for my bike.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:16 AM   #193
engineerjoe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by andykeck View Post
OK, I have to admit it now; my SMC has officially kicked my ass. I'm about two inches away from picking up the phone and ordering the Vortex ECU, but I'm not 100% convinced my problem is in the tune, so I'm hoping someone here will have some insight. I never got to read all of the megathread before it got sent to live on a farm, so I'm sorry in advance I'm going over old ground.

I recently replaced my fuel pump (it was making odd noises and appeared to be filling the filter and injector with a fine black gritty sludge), and the last piece of the puzzle was the new fuel injector that I picked up this weekend. After fitting the fuel injector, adjusting the throttle sensors, and loading fresh maps with the tweaks as per this Code Orange post, I did the throttle reset and the 15 minute idle.

The result was just about perfect. I would never complain again if the bike ran that way all the time. It was just great. But sadly, just like every other time I've gotten the bike to run really well, it only lasted maybe 5-10 miles before it began to get very jerky again, this time with a side of unsteady idle. It's just as if it's forgetting whatever compensation it made during the 15 minute reset in the course of everyday riding after just a short while.

I guess I could just go on only five mile rides and do the 15 minute reset each time, but that's not all that appealing. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on here?

This time I used the 4031 Akra map as a base, but I've had the same issue with the 4132 Evo 1 map. SAS and O2 sensor disabled in every case.

Is this how you checked the TPS voltages?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...php?p=16102728
check post #68

We must be running almost the same map, I did the code orange mods to the akro base map. I found that the 100% linear performance EP map was a little agressive in sustained or low throttle inputs, it just wanted to go full on or off. I tried the normal map (#3) and the low throttle resolution was much better. Wheelies are much easier to keep up and applying the throttle in the corners is less likely to powerslide.

When I get some time I'm going to modify the performance EP map with a mix of the two.
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:51 AM   #194
Bill the Bong
Supern00ba

Oddometer: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by andykeck View Post

I'd day that your injector got blocked again immediately. To get rid of it you'll have to replace/flush the fuel line between the filter and the injector before cleaning the injector again.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:52 AM   #195
Bill the Bong
Supern00ba

Oddometer: 821
Quote:
You mean the vector files my wife sold you for $10? The Vector files she spent hours and hours getting the fit correct? Don't forget about the material used in adjusting the fit? Just wanted to be sure I'm understanding it correctly.

Are your sponsored by Redbull? Do they know you're using their image?
Where's that little popcorn icon?