Backordered...
R-dubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #212
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
Way cool, thanks! I'll give that a try and report back with my results.
So I disabled the 2/3 gear limiters and went for a ride... If I'm riding like an @$$hole (most of the time) I still hit a rev limiter but it does seem like it is at a higher rpm now (09 bike with no tachometer so it's hard to say how much higher rpm.) But my HID headlight no longer cuts out when I hit the rev limiter so I'm happy with the results .

On another note, who knew that a 7" HID could put out more light than the stock 09 light? I bought the housing off of a friend who bought it off of a friend who bought it off of a friend, so no one remembers what manufacturer made it, but it looks like it must be an older version of the Trailtech racelight but it has a PIAA lens on it and was set up for an H4 bulb, so I installed an H4 HID conversion kit that I had laying around from a previous bike. I swear that when I have the light aimed up, I could give someone sunburn 1/2 mile away! 90+mph on my "closed course" and I wasn't out running my light . I had been planning to add led's to supplement and fill in any voids of light, but now I think just an led helmet light would have me 100% covered in the lighting department. With the light aimed down for riding around town, I still have a beam cutoff and no one has flashed their lights at me. I still have a halogen high beam (that is dim compared to the HID low beam) that I can switch to and then use the quick adjuster to aim it down if I'm ever worried about looking legal.

Can anyone identify this light?

The Letter J screwed with this post 09-19-2011 at 03:23 PM
The Letter J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #213
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,251
The personal b.s. between crankshaft and the painter has been punted.. let's keep this thread on track and use PM to fling mud at each other... or better still, use the Ignore function.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #214
690Emaf10
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Slightly used 690 real cheap....

http://www.ridesafely.com/Inventory....in=img2&mk=KTM

this isn't mine or am i affiliated. I just check out this site from time to time looking for a project. This one might be a bit much.
690Emaf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #215
Gros Buck
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by 690Emaf10 View Post
Slightly used 690 real cheap ... http://www.ridesafely.com/Inventory....g2&mk=KTM this isn't mine or am i affiliated. I just check out this site from time to time looking for a project. This one might be a bit much.
MOUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAH !!!

Gas tank up in flame maybe ??? That reminds me of my previous bike. I was lucky enough to be a nearby water hose ...

Paul Jr 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy View Post
Rick, your odometer is unaffected with the loss of the mega thread ...

Gros Buck screwed with this post 09-19-2011 at 04:41 PM
Gros Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #216
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Hey Guys, finally replaced the Fuel pump and I'm 90% sure it's good to go. I did a few high speed runs down the highway last night and tonight took it to the sand pits for some never ending whoops banging. Handled it very well and pulls really, really strong.

The Vortex really is amazing, it idles much smoother, the throttle response is amazing but controllable. Last night I tried Map 1 and tonight I tried map 6 and Map 6 is really good, actually..... awesome To me, the Vortex is worth the money. I can't see myself buying the software, unless I can split the cost with someone. It's that good right out of the box. I still have a trials tire on the rear and in the sand, it was very easy to control the power.

I've got a Rally this weekend, so the true test will start Friday night. Looking forward to the night stages and seeing what she can really do

Big thanks to Andy Keck for hooking me up with the fuel pump (Can't recall where it was from) but it certainly did the trick.... crossing my fingers!
Old 09-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #217
Barman
Way Offline

Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
So I disabled the 2/3 gear limiters and went for a ride... If I'm riding like an @$$hole (most of the time) I still hit a rev limiter but it does seem like it is at a higher rpm now (09 bike with no tachometer so it's hard to say how much higher rpm.) But my HID headlight no longer cuts out when I hit the rev limiter so I'm happy with the results .
The 2nd and 3rd gear derestriction mod has nothing to do with the rev limiter. It's a power restriction, not an RPM restriction.

Seems to be a common misconception though.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #218
andykeck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post

Big thanks to Andy Keck for hooking me up with the fuel pump (Can't recall where it was from) but it certainly did the trick.... crossing my fingers!
California Cycleworks
andykeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #219
Gros Buck
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Quote:
I've got a Rally this weekend, so the true test will start Friday night. Looking forward to the night stages and seeing what she can really do.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #220
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by andykeck View Post
Ah, there you go I had replaced all the standard hoses with some new 1/4" high pressure rubber hose, which slide right over the outlet of the Cycleworks pump outlet. I drilled a bunch of holes in the plastic housing that the pump rides in to try and get more cooling.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:17 PM   #221
Gros Buck
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Quote:
Ah, there you go I had replaced all the standard hoses with some new 1/4" high pressure rubber hose, which slide right over the outlet of the Cycleworks pump outlet. I drilled a bunch of holes in the plastic housing that the pump rides in to try and get more cooling.
All that time you haven't learn to take pictures Damit .,..

Paul Jr 8
Old 09-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #222
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post

Winter is near.
Yes and then we start ice racing
Old 09-19-2011, 05:31 PM   #223
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Hey J, the BD Stryker helmet light is a great companion for the HID desert light.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:59 AM   #224
olec
Rookie

Oddometer: 273
Cracking the seat

I cracked my seatbase after some hammering on the nasty MX track yesterday. Is there any stronger seats out there on the market? It cracked from side to side where the base hits the positive battery-teminal and its metalprotector whatever. THis is most likely going to happen again on a new seat, so maybe there is a trick I can do to prevent it?
olec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:55 AM   #225
Barman
Way Offline

Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by olec View Post
I cracked my seatbase after some hammering on the nasty MX track yesterday. Is there any stronger seats out there on the market? It cracked from side to side where the base hits the positive battery-teminal and its metalprotector whatever. THis is most likely going to happen again on a new seat, so maybe there is a trick I can do to prevent it?
Corbin uses their own seat pan that is much stronger than stock.