ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 05:36 AM   #6271
Pundy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: North of North New Portland
Oddometer: 341
Frank, you need a 690, it's the greatest all around bike. You'd love it for the type of adventuring you do.
Pundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #6272
Pantah
Patriot Nation?
 
Pantah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: India Wharf
Oddometer: 10,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot View Post
Nice bike...

You from RI Pantah ?
Thanks. I live downtown Boston in a high rise.
__________________
Straight ahead and faster -Bo Weaver 1970
"There I was..." -Griffin Niner Three Hotel
"One day closer to a parade..." Jonny Gomes, spring training 2013
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #6273
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over
 
DockingPilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Andover, N.J.
Oddometer: 9,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pundy View Post
Frank, you need a 690, it's the greatest all around bike. You'd love it for the type of adventuring you do.
Hi Sam! Your right !
__________________
Frank Reinbold

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #6274
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over
 
DockingPilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Andover, N.J.
Oddometer: 9,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Thanks. I live downtown Boston in a high rise.
India wharf threw me. There is one in Providence.
__________________
Frank Reinbold

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #6275
wsmc831
Studly Adventurer
 
wsmc831's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Central Oregon
Oddometer: 743
Long shot I know...but posting for a friend. He had a bit of a lowside yesterday on a gravel road at speed. Left side. No real damage to himself fortunately.

Bad part is it is very difficult, or near impossible to shift out of 5/6 down to 3/4. Looking at the fiche appears there are 3 different splines so he's thinking he bent the fork for 3/4 being in 4th at the time.

I've NEVER heard of that on these bikes and am a bit disappointed if a fall on a gravel road can do that much damage, but don't see what else it could be.

Wondering if anyone has heard of similar?

Bike is a 2012 R with 2k miles.....
__________________
97 TL1000S
2010 690 EnduroR
2013 500 Exc
wsmc831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:20 AM   #6276
NovaMoto
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Oddometer: 133
I had a similar fall on my '11, shredded the shifter, left peg and muffler. No tranny issues.



Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmc831 View Post
Long shot I know...but posting for a friend. He had a bit of a lowside yesterday on a gravel road at speed. Left side. No real damage to himself fortunately.

Bad part is it is very difficult, or near impossible to shift out of 5/6 down to 3/4. Looking at the fiche appears there are 3 different splines so he's thinking he bent the fork for 3/4 being in 4th at the time.

I've NEVER heard of that on these bikes and am a bit disappointed if a fall on a gravel road can do that much damage, but don't see what else it could be.

Wondering if anyone has heard of similar?

Bike is a 2012 R with 2k miles.....
NovaMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #6277
wsmc831
Studly Adventurer
 
wsmc831's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Central Oregon
Oddometer: 743
Nice peg!!!


A bit baffled on how the damage could have been done. Lever is tucked up pretty well, his oversized pegs folded up nicely and dinged the rearset, but don't see how forces could have either pushed the shift shaft in, or pushed the shift lever up or down enough to bend something in the tranny. I've taco'd many a shift lever on my 530 without any internal damage.

...but, nothing to be done about it I suppose, eliminate the simple stuff, then split the cases.
__________________
97 TL1000S
2010 690 EnduroR
2013 500 Exc
wsmc831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #6278
Roadracer_Al
louder, louder, louder!
 
Roadracer_Al's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Oakland, CA
Oddometer: 1,606
Pull the shift lever off, it's possible that he stripped the splines and the lever isn't moving the shift shaft far enough.

It's also possible that the shifter shaft is bent, and preventing it from moving far enough to make the shift.
__________________
------------------------------
Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow
------------------------------
Roadracer_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #6279
brzda
Adventurer
 
brzda's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Czech Republic
Oddometer: 17
KTM 690 idle doesnt run after cleaning

Hello, I have problem with my KTM 690R 2009. KTM doesnt run to idle after Karcher pressure cleaning. It sometimes starts and goes with turning the throttle but stops to idle. FI on speedometer doesnt flash. It is OK after an hour. Do You have any experience? Thank You. Sorry for my english
brzda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #6280
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT
 
Mudguts's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Some were in , lostralia
Oddometer: 2,113
You could be getting water under the spark plug cap , or you have bad connection , Check as many of the connection as you can , check spark plug lead and make sure the spark plug cap is connected firmly
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #6281
StepOnIt
Assitoner
 
StepOnIt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Huntsville ON.
Oddometer: 1,025
Tps

Quote:
Originally Posted by brzda View Post
Hello, I have problem with my KTM 690R 2009. KTM doesnt run to idle after Karcher pressure cleaning. It sometimes starts and goes with turning the throttle but stops to idle. FI on speedometer doesnt flash. It is OK after an hour. Do You have any experience? Thank You. Sorry for my english
I was just told that you have to be careful washing around the TPS sensor they are not sealed that well.
__________________
The road less traveled is the road I travel more.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #6282
KC-10ENG
Gnarly Adventurer
 
KC-10ENG's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaMoto View Post
I had a similar fall on my '11, shredded the shifter, left peg and muffler. No tranny issues.

These are great replacement foot pegs. Factory KTM part...690 Rally

__________________
2014 KTM-350EXC
2008 KTM-690e
1971 Rupp Hustler
KC-10ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #6283
Woundflatout
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Woundflatout's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Portlandia
Oddometer: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-10ENG View Post
These are great replacement foot pegs. Factory KTM part...690 Rally

Can you post a part number for those of us (me) too damn lazy to find the Fische?

Thanks!

Cheers!

Jason
__________________
Jason Slutsky
PROUD TO BE RIFF RAFF
'09 Husaberg FE570
Rallymoto #159
Woundflatout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #6284
modeselector
Common as muck
 
modeselector's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Washington USA
Oddometer: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by CagivaJS View Post
Can you post a part number for those of us (me) too damn lazy to find the Fische?

Thanks!

Cheers!

Jason
KTM Part Number: 76203040250-76203041250

Available to purchase here:
http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-690-950-990-rally-pegs
modeselector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #6285
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: On a RTW ride - currently Central Asia
Oddometer: 5,418
The 690RR pegs are nice but I like the Fastway Adventures even more.
__________________
Currently going RTW on a KTM 690 Rally, trip blog: https://www.facebook.com/AroundTheWorldWithLukasM

Tracker: https://share.delorme.com/LukasMatzinger
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015