Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #6676
TheVikingRider
mudonmymind

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post
Yep, can't see anything in the mirrors except headlights unless you pull in the clutch and drop the throttle. Yours sounds normal to me, and I have owned 2 690s.

As far as the grips are concerned GET THESE. If you order now, you should have them by April. Their customer service sucks, they take a while to get to you, but they are the only place to get them, and the grips are excellent.
I love those grips and they sell them at MR Motorcycle here in Asheville NC.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #6677
ztrab
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 675
cycleworks pump

After I had to pull my pump out and unkink the fuel lines in the middle of Baja and had to ride 100 miles well into the night to catch my group, I bought the Cycleworks pump, made an ABS container and clamped it to the trellis frame where it has remained for the last 2-1/2 years. My OEM pump has behaved ever since, intimidated I am certain by the prospect of a replacement !
05 ZX 10 Track bike - (see above)
06 GSXR 600 Track Bike -ditto above :-)
06 525 EXC
06 525 EXC motard
07 12 GS for Jr. with a brand new motor12/09!
06 525 EXC for Jr., new motor, ugh
09 690 Enduro R... I know, I know
ztrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #6678
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisdut View Post
Hi all

looking at getting a spare fuel pump

CA Cycleworks Pump (£155.00) or Genuine KTM (Fuel Pump & Flange kit £260.00)

Anyone had a problem with the Cycleworks Pump ?

Cheers

Louis
Louis,
I have the CW pump in and zero problems since, about 2K miles. I also replacedthe filter outside the tank for easier replacement. So for so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo.Ramos View Post
My 09 690R is a bit vibey, not excessive but enough to everytime i press the tach buttons they feel like vibrating alot and when pressing might skip one position like if pressed twice. at 60mph when looking at the mirror all i can see is a blur, and yes, the mirror is not loose!

On the handlebars it feels a bit too, not excessive to get the hands numb but still a bit more than i was expecting. I know it's a single cylinder engine, yet i was expecting it to be way less vibey. Bike was bought used, haven't noticed any significant change.

I know it's hard to compare but anyone has experienced a vibey 690 and cured/reduced the vibration? Tried a friends similar model and it felt smoother.

It's fitted with an Akro can and the grips are KTM gel ones, might change to foam when these get worn out.
I have fitted the BRP rubber mounted submont kit. I also wanted a damper so this solved two issues for me. The vibes and the damper.
http://www.brpmoto.com/components/co...e1018e0fbb.jpg
Now I can actually tell if the police is behind me rather than just a set of headlights.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #6679
lostdogproducts
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Hi, This is Martin the center stand guy. I've sold one and it's in the mail as they say. I have one on my bike and eight at the powder coaters. These are the standard height stands for the 2012 models and a few older ones that have the shorter legs. My next batch of 10 stands will be the tall stands for the older R models with 1" longer legs. The website crashed but nobody got hurt.. We should get it going again here soon. I'm still taking orders but I need to build up some stock so I can keep the buyers happy. You can e-mail me at lostdogproducts@gmail.com if you like. Happy Trails !
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtWarrior View Post
Keep us posted about this bike stand. I'll post some picture when I get more stock.

Nick
lostdogproducts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #6680
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
Now I can actually tell if the police is behind me rather than just a set of headlights.
I've never had that problem, if there's a set of headlights behind me, it IS the police.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #6681
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
I have fitted the BRP rubber mounted submont kit. I also wanted a damper so this solved two issues for me. The vibes and the damper.
http://www.brpmoto.com/components/co...e1018e0fbb.jpg
Interesting set up, yet it may mask something as i've ridden another similar bike and it vibed significantly less..

Are there reportys of significant vibration from other 690 models? Duke, SM, etc..?

Raid de L'Amitié 2011 RR (link)
690R
Gustavo.Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #6682
KTBen
Barrrp!

Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Probably broken wiring. The wire going to the connector doesn't have enough slack in it.
Good work, mine started flashing at me the other day and I read this and sure as, broken wire fixed!
Old 12-28-2012, 02:54 AM   #6683
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 9,949
Quote:
Interesting set up, yet it may mask something as i've ridden another similar bike and it vibed significantly less..

Are there reportys of significant vibration from other 690 models? Duke, SM, etc..?
Mine smoothed out at about 3500 miles. It's stock.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:18 AM   #6684
Roadcat
The Lordly Keeper Of

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
My 09 690R is a bit vibey, not excessive but enough to everytime i press the tach buttons they feel like vibrating alot and when pressing might skip one position like if pressed twice. at 60mph when looking at the mirror all i can see is a blur, and yes, the mirror is not loose!

On the handlebars it feels a bit too, not excessive to get the hands numb but still a bit more than i was expecting. I know it's a single cylinder engine, yet i was expecting it to be way less vibey. Bike was bought used, haven't noticed any significant change.

I know it's hard to compare but anyone has experienced a vibey 690 and cured/reduced the vibration? Tried a friends similar model and it felt smoother.

It's fitted with an Akro can and the grips are KTM gel ones, might change to foam when these get worn out.
I'm working at cutting down the vibrations in stages. I've replaced the grips with foam ones (helped a bit) and installed Vibranator inserts http://www.vibranator.com/ (also helped a bit). I have arthritis in my fingers and there's still enough vibes left to make me hurt after a day of riding. The next step is to try Rox Anti-vibration Risers, I'll let you know how they work when I get them.
Roadcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:00 AM   #6685
Bill the Bong
Supern00ba

Oddometer: 789
All the comments about vibration makes sense, however, if there has been a sudden change in viration levels, check the engine mounts.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:06 AM   #6686
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Bong View Post
All the comments about vibration makes sense, however, if there has been a sudden change in viration levels, check the engine mounts.
No sudden change, but i'll give it a try.

Last ride a mate's 640Enduro lost one of the front caliper bolts and he earned a free take off over the bars... vibey SOB's.....

Raid de L'Amitié 2011 RR (link)
690R
Gustavo.Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:06 AM   #6687
Bill the Bong
Supern00ba

Oddometer: 789
This was posted in the Garage Section under Favourite MacGuyver tricks by someone called Jeepsandbikes:

"to protect a wire that gets bent a lot , use the spring out of a old pen . twist it over the wire and volia .
this can be used for wires that rub , or cables for your phone /gps that get bent near the ends ."

Maybe something to try with the airbox sensor wiring issue?
Old 12-28-2012, 06:53 AM   #6688
leanin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
[/QUOTE]GET THESE. If you order now, you should have them by April. Their customer service sucks, they take a while to get to you, but they are the only place to get them, and the grips are excellent.[/QUOTE]

You can get those grips at Cycle Gear too.
leanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #6689
wsmc831
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 568
GET THESE. If you order now, you should have them by April. Their customer service sucks, they take a while to get to you, but they are the only place to get them, and the grips are excellent.[/QUOTE]

You can get those grips at Cycle Gear too.[/QUOTE]

Yea, 714's aren't difficult to find. They are on every bike I own and usually order a couple pair at a time from motorcycle superstore to have on hand when changing bars.

As far as vibes and mirrors, I've found the Doubletake on FastFlexx bars work pretty well. Definitely more vibes on the enduro vs duke.
2013 500 Exc
wsmc831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #6690
RoninMoto
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post
As far as the grips are concerned GET THESE. If you order now, you should have them by April. Their customer service sucks, they take a while to get to you, but they are the only place to get them, and the grips are excellent.
Has anyone used these with grip heaters? I am curious if the added rubber would be to much insulation. I have been using my grip heaters a lot lately.
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote