Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #7216
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post
I would spend a few bucks on the G2 throttle cam first, and see how it feels then.

http://www.g2ergo.com/dirt-bike-g2-e...ttle-tube.html
You should try and add more fuel with the pot switches in all three bands. It's a lean condition, dollars to donuts and the G2, won't fix that.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #7217
Honkey Cat
Tailights Fade!

Oddometer: 1,062

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
You should try and add more fuel with the pot switches in all three bands. It's a lean condition, dollars to donuts and the G2, won't fix that.
thanks, tomorrow I'll start adding some fuel and see what happens. I was going to sell because I'm short, but Ive ordered a link to lower it and we'll see how that helps and I ordered a new spring from super plush for my big but.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #7218
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninMoto View Post
Oh shite. what did you do now?
LOL, the FMF header I got has shoddy welds and managed to break another hole in it. Think I'm done with FMF.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #7219
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
LOL, the FMF header I got has shoddy welds and managed to break another hole in it. Think I'm done with FMF.
FMF= Fake Metal Foundry

FMF= First Muffler to Fail
Old 02-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #7220
RoninMoto
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Thats to bad. I've had nothing but good luck with FMF.
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #7221
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer: 2,019
I have a complete Akro Ti system for sale you know the one thats is $2200

I'm selling it pretty cheap Check out the aussie ,classifides page 7
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #7222
Aaron from Texas
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
I hope this OK.
I ordered this one with Clear lens & turn signals.
I ordered directly from the vendor. He also sells on KTMTalk. Doesn't list this unit there though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200770720339...84.m1423.l2649

Cheaper ordering off KTMTalk or direct.

Edit: Here's one of his KTM Talk links.
http://ktmtalk.com/pp_classifieds/sh...=30658&cat=all
Nice. I got the same and like it. I wired mine up with the stock pigtail from the old tail light harness so I could swap back if I wanted. Not like I would... If you need any help, lemme know, but the guy gives good directions.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:57 AM   #7223
LethPhaos
brb

Oddometer: 501
I have the same light, clear, with integrated blinkers. The light itself is very bright, but the blinkers are so close to each other (well, what did I expect, in such a small unit ) that they're not very distinguishable or visible for riders or cars behind you while riding.
I'd go for this unit without integrated blinkers, and use separate blinkers instead. Just my 2ct off course :)
The seller provides clear instructions and support, so you won't have any trouble installing it.
LethPhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:28 AM   #7224
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer: 3,315
I've already been thru this before with led unit on my 950. I keep my external turn signals. This is in addition. I want those dam cagers to see me. I make up Molex y cables so it all plugs in cleanly. I absolutely hate to cut up a harness. Most all mods I do are at the connectors. Did similar for SAS foolers.

Sent from outer space with my Thunderbolt with Tapatalk.
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:04 AM   #7225
Bill the Bong
Supern00ba

Oddometer: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkey Cat View Post
ok, I've got the vortex ecu installed with a leo vince slip on and open stock air box. Bike runs amazing except it does have some very slight surging. Once you notice it, it will drive you bonkers ( it does me ) It also has some very snappy throttle. I've been told that 30% of the TPS are bad and you have to bring it to the dealer to check the ohm's etc... Is there a way to check it out myself with a snap on meter?

Thanks for your reply's
I've posted the procedure (link to a supermoto site) to check it with a VOM meter somewhere on this thread, but I cant find it.

Adding some fuel via the trims will improve the throttle and the surging. I run the 10% slower throttle map off-road and the 25% when commuting. The 10% is not too snappy, but its jerky when shutting off. When off-road you can't feel it, but running on a trailing throttle in town is crap. The 25 % slower throttle is much gentler when closing. Am I making any sense?
Old 02-13-2013, 05:31 AM   #7226
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Bong View Post
I've posted the procedure (link to a supermoto site) to check it with a VOM meter somewhere on this thread, but I cant find it.

Adding some fuel via the trims will improve the throttle and the surging. I run the 10% slower throttle map off-road and the 25% when commuting. The 10% is not too snappy, but its jerky when shutting off. When off-road you can't feel it, but running on a trailing throttle in town is crap. The 25 % slower throttle is much gentler when closing. Am I making any sense?
Didn't Richard at Vortex make an updated map?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #7227
Velociraptor
TrackBum

Oddometer: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Didn't Richard at Vortex make an updated map?
The latest map updates I have seen are dated Jan 18,2013. I have been in contact with Richard because I got the map switch. That switch switches between map1 and any other map. The new map setup has 5 maps for open airbox and 5 maps for closed air box. My bike has closed airbox. The problem is the first 5 maps are for open airbox, so the switch is kind of useless. I asked him to do a setup where the first map will be the power map for closed air box and also to add an economy map. He said he would do it last week but so far no word. I will have to mail the ECU to Mike Tolle in California to get it reflashed, but I am not going to mail it until Richard sends the setup I want to Mike. I have not had any issues with surging though.
2002 RC51 SOLD
2010 KTM 990 Supermoto R SOLD
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #7228
Aaron from Texas
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 489
Quote:
I installed the upgrade fuel pump into the tank. Part of that job included relocating the fuel filter to the outside. Using plenty of hose I was able to put the filter in a location easily accessable for field access on trail.
NO the one clamp is not loose. I started with the small size clamp and went to the larger size on the second. Too much fight to get the small one to fit.

Hey man, what size fuel line do you need to do this? Did you replace all of it from the regulator forward? I'm considering doing this soon, because I've ran into some issues fitting this into the available space...

THAT, and having access to an external fuel filter would be much more desirable.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #7229
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer: 3,315
I bought a 36" piece of 5/16" injector line bulk. Yes, it comes from the regulator and sweeps under the TB and around to the left side of the filter. Length isn't much of an issue at those pressures. I found a purilator version of the filter at Pep Boys along with the injector line and the good fuel clamps. For inside the tank I got a packaged 18" piece of injector line (cheaper and I had already bought it before finding the bulk). Perfect length to take out the filter and the plastic line from the pump to the first connector. That way no adapters needed. Just 2 clamps.
FYI for those carying a spare pump. I found a #8 press nut works perfect for the OEM screen assembly. I'll be picking up a couple to put with the Original pump I'll be carrying for spare.

I'm considering using this to replace all the clamps inside the tanks. I picked one up at SEMA a few years ago. Neet tool for hose clamping in places that a long term.
http://www.clamptitetools.com/home.html
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #7230
Biped
NooB Again

Oddometer: 249
Quote:
.......For inside the tank I got a packaged 18" piece of injector line (cheaper and I had already bought it before finding the bulk). Perfect length to take out the filter and the plastic line from the pump to the first connector.......
You will need submersable fuel injection hose for inside the tank, it is not cheap. The regular stuff does not have a fuel proof outer skin and will deteriorate over time while submerged and spring a leak.