User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 03:23 AM   #7951
Xico
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
690 Duke Tripmaster Switch

Yesterday I went to Hauthaler, the KTM Dealer in Salzburg (Austria), and found a nice tripmaster switch with 2 push buttons for the 690 Duke.

I asked them to install it on my 2011 690 Enduro R, but when they tried, the connector doesn't match. They are the same color, and i think also the same size and also 4 pin. But the connector on the bike and on the switch are both male.

Does anyone know if it's only a matter of finding a female connector for one of the sides, and if it would work that way?

And one more doubt... anyone knows the name of that kind of connectors?
Xico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:05 AM   #7952
Chris 690R
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunefreak View Post
I'm having an issue with coolant venting out of my overflow bottle tube. I already replaced the radiator cap and made sure the tank wasn't overfull. I seem to remember reading some guys were having this problem. Mine is a 2012 and has been doing this since new. Any ideas? I'm tired of coming home after a ride with coolant all over my right boot.
Mine does the same thing! Let me know when you find the issue. I figured it was just how it is. I have already had to fill the rad overflow tank as it ran dry after 500 km from new? Normal?

Chris
Chris 690R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #7953
Noyah
poser

Oddometer: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xico View Post
Yesterday I went to Hauthaler, the KTM Dealer in Salzburg (Austria), and found a nice tripmaster switch with 2 push buttons for the 690 Duke.

I asked them to install it on my 2011 690 Enduro R, but when they tried, the connector doesn't match. They are the same color, and i think also the same size and also 4 pin. But the connector on the bike and on the switch are both male.

Does anyone know if it's only a matter of finding a female connector for one of the sides, and if it would work that way?

Maby the exc tripmasterswitch is the one you looking for?

--> My Movies <--
Noyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #7954
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xico View Post

Do you know what the KTM part number for the switch is? If so, can you post it? If you have detailed pictures of the connector I might be able to help with a source for the alternative connector gender

Sent from ADVmachines.com via Tapatalk
Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:09 AM   #7955
GezwindeSpoed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Yes, 54814073000 is the right one.

But it is useless for rally riding, you cannot adjust it while riding.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:14 AM   #7956
fluff34567
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 974
Are there any problems with wolfman bags fitting onto touratwat racks? Or do you need to weld loops onto the racks?

sent using my fingers and voodoo magic.

fluff34567 screwed with this post 03-27-2013 at 03:32 AM
fluff34567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:06 AM   #7957
touser
canned fruit

Oddometer: 359
puzzled

Ok, I'll ask at the risk of ridicule. What is a tripmaster switch and what does it do mon?
Old 03-27-2013, 05:43 AM   #7958
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer: 3,352
It is a remote mode switch for the speedo unit. It allows for incrementing + and - on trip 2. Used mostly on Enduro or other events that run a rollchart. When I installed mine I noticed it also activated a stopwatch function as well. That is on my 2009 with the small digital instrument panel. Not sure if anything exra works on the big panel with tach.
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
dad2bike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:45 AM   #7959
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by touser View Post
Ok, I'll ask at the risk of ridicule. What is a tripmaster switch and what does it do mon?

The tripmaster switch came to life back when they were selling the 950 and the 640 adventure. The speedometer they came equipped with had an option for a thumb switch that had 3 buttons on it. 1 button for mode, and 2 buttons for incrementing and decrementing one of the trip odometers.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #7960
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpaman View Post
Hi all. A friend of mine has a 2008 690E and on a ride in Utah last year the bike developed an intermittent problem where after the engine had been shut off it would not start again. We figured it was probably one of the safety switches, either kickstand or clutch. We started at the clutch safety switch and after pulling it apart and cleaning it the bike started right up. Problem solved..maybe not. The bike did this again during the ride and we employed the same fix with good enough results to finish the ride. When my friend got home he had another similiar incident so his mechanic cut the safety switch and jumpered it to remove it from the system and as we know from other posts, this misguided shortcut caused other problems. On the advice of the inmates here, the old switch was spliced back in and the bike is running fine. My friend is certain that Murphy's Law is going to strike again and leave him stranded out in the pickertoolies. With my keen sense of the obvious, I suggested a replacement of the old clutch safety switch with a new one, but I would like to solicit advice from the experience of everyone here if this would be the right fix? The previous owner has told him that the kickstand safety had been removed and replaced with the KTM kit. Is there something else that he should be looking at here also? Thanks for the help.
When the bike doesn't start, do you hear the fuel pump prime sound when turning the key switch to on before pressing the start button? If not, the bike will not start and you likely have fuel pump issues. Mine would always eventually start after waiting an unspecified time period. I eventually fixed the problem (as others have) by replacing the fuel pump. Read: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641042
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #7961
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,086
All the clutch safety switch does is to prevent you from starting the bike in gear if the clutch is out. It shouldn't cause the bike to stop running and as long as the clutch lever is pulled in it will start in gear.

The side stand switch will keep the bike from starting and it is worth installing the eliminator.

Otherwise your friend might be having issues with the leads on the coil or is having fuel pump issues.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #7962
sdd04
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 631
steering locks

So it looks like on my 2013 that the stops could be closed in a bit to offer more movement lock to lock? Any negative to doing this?

Thanks
sdd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #7963
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdd04 View Post
So it looks like on my 2013 that the stops could be closed in a bit to offer more movement lock to lock? Any negative to doing this?

Thanks
Nope. Close it up. Mind the radiator or any other interference.

Qui Desiderant Pacem Preparate Bellum
ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #7964
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer: 3,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdd04 View Post

Thanks
I took the jam nuts out and bottomed the stop bolts to go in as far as I could. Only thing that touches is my turn signal on the Safari tank.
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
dad2bike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #7965
lightfighter
where does this go?

Oddometer: 2,189
Just buy the "other racks" Velcro/D rings and your in business...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluff34567 View Post
Are there any problems with wolfman bags fitting onto touratwat racks? Or do you need to weld loops onto the racks?

sent using my fingers and voodoo magic.
lightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote