ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 01:15 AM   #8386
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer
 
Hoots's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Gundaroo NSW OZ
Oddometer: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harty View Post
Am going to get a steering damper fitted, but still trying to suss what bits I need. I'd rather have the RalleMoto one, but too expensive to ship from Oz, so am looking at the Scotts/Ohlins unit. Rally Raid sell them, plus all the necessary parts but at too much of a hefty mark up.

So my question is, apart from the actual damper unit, what other parts do I need, plus will I need new extended cables to allow the rise(Although I currently do have 40mm risers already fitted)

Btw am based in UK

Cheers
If you're in the UK, just call RallyRaid and talk it through with them.

They have risers that are compatible with their Scott/Ohlin damper.
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:26 AM   #8387
Brute
Melbourne , outer east .
 
Brute's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadracer_Al View Post
I've cleaned it twice, but that doesn't solve the flickering LCD - which is the primary function of the speedo.
I also had the flickering screen ( twice ) first time it was in the instrument cluster , 1 of 3 pins going to the circuit board ( wish I had pics like Seth always seems to have ) second time it was a break in the white & red wire which goes to the cluster . Break was internal of the insulation & where it goes through the triple clamp . A real bugger to find, but it may be worth checking the white with red trace wire .
Brute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:28 AM   #8388
sprouty115
Beastly Adventurer
 
sprouty115's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 1,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harty View Post
Am going to get a steering damper fitted, but still trying to suss what bits I need. I'd rather have the RalleMoto one, but too expensive to ship from Oz, so am looking at the Scotts/Ohlins unit. Rally Raid sell them, plus all the necessary parts but at too much of a hefty mark up.

So my question is, apart from the actual damper unit, what other parts do I need, plus will I need new extended cables to allow the rise(Although I currently do have 40mm risers already fitted)

Btw am based in UK

Cheers
RalleMoto offers free shipping to the US, isn't it the same for the UK? And as far as I can tell there is about $50 US difference between the RalleMoto verison and the Scott's.

As for the other items you need, why not shoot either manufacturer an email directly?
sprouty115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #8389
Roadracer_Al
louder, louder, louder!
 
Roadracer_Al's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Oakland, CA
Oddometer: 1,643
Good info, thanks. Next time I have an afternoon to tinker, I'll have a look at it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
I also had the flickering screen ( twice ) first time it was in the instrument cluster , 1 of 3 pins going to the circuit board ( wish I had pics like Seth always seems to have ) second time it was a break in the white & red wire which goes to the cluster . Break was internal of the insulation & where it goes through the triple clamp . A real bugger to find, but it may be worth checking the white with red trace wire .
__________________
When they say Harleys are for 1%ers, I don't think they mean guys who sell crank and get in bar fights any more.
Roadracer_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #8390
Velociraptor
TrackBum
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle
Oddometer: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
There is a large group of ground wires in the large bundle just in front of/below the battery. The grounding system is crap on these. I found issues with mine. I cut the entire thing out and soldered together the wires and covered it all in waterproof shrink wrap. It solved my issues. Beany (RIP) told me about it and that it had affected others he knew.

Lifting your tank for the pump install could have stressed that wire bundle easily depending on what day of the week it was originally installed.
Great info! My speedometer/instrument cluster is mostly dead after lifting the tank to install a new shock. I bet it is something in that area. I am being lazy and trying a new speedo first but chances are the speedo is fine. I have some good harness wrap and waterproof shrink wrap on order too.
__________________
2014 KTM EXC 500
2014 KTM 1290 Superduke R
2009 KTM 690r Enduro SOLD
2002 RC51 SOLD
2010 KTM 990 Supermoto R SOLD
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #8391
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer
 
Hoots's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Gundaroo NSW OZ
Oddometer: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprouty115 View Post
RalleMoto offers free shipping to the US, isn't it the same for the UK? And as far as I can tell there is about $50 US difference between the RalleMoto verison and the Scott's.

As for the other items you need, why not shoot either manufacturer an email directly?
I was on the cusp of buying a Scotts/Ohlin steering damper and kit from RR - had looked at GPR also - but had not considered the RalleMoto option ...

Has anyone used one and, if so, any opinions?

I'm in Australia, but curiously there is no free shipping here ...
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #8392
Assfault
Exposed Member
 
Assfault's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: RockyMountains
Oddometer: 2,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprouty115 View Post
RalleMoto offers free shipping to the US, isn't it the same for the UK? And as far as I can tell there is about $50 US difference between the RalleMoto verison and the Scott's.

As for the other items you need, why not shoot either manufacturer an email directly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
I was on the cusp of buying a Scotts/Ohlin steering damper and kit from RR - had looked at GPR also - but had not considered the RalleMoto option ...

Has anyone used one and, if so, any opinions?

I'm in Australia, but curiously there is no free shipping here ...
I installed the BRP system, which dampens the handlebars as well as the steering in one slick setup.
This has drasticly reduced the bar vibrations and gives me a damper for the rough stuff around here in the Rocky Mountains. Link here; http://www.brpmoto.com/products?page...tegory_id=1772
Well worth the $ IMO.
__________________
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #8393
Canadian_Bacon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Oddometer: 204
I'm thinking of getting a 1" lowering for my 690 e. If I go ahead with the link will I have to raise the front suspension a bit to compensate? If so by how much?

LOVE my 690 but man is it tall!
Canadian_Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:00 AM   #8394
Noyah
poser
 
Noyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Oddometer: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Bacon View Post
I'm thinking of getting a 1" lowering for my 690 e. If I go ahead with the link will I have to raise the front suspension a bit to compensate? If so by how much?

LOVE my 690 but man is it tall!
I'm in the middle of setting my bike up after installing Koubalink 1" (2.5 cm).
I started out raising the forks 2 cm but for me the bike got a bit unstable even at low speed (on soft gravel/mud)

Currently 1.4 cm raised and it seems better for me. Checked SAG and Rider SAG on the rear and it seems to be in spec.
Dialed in compression and rebound to 15 clicks while i try to find a good base setup forkwise.

Next step if i still dont like it will be 1 cm raised, and then 0.5 cm etc. After that i will remove the koubalink

690 enduro r -11
__________________
KTM 690 Enduro R

--> My Movies <--
Noyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #8395
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer
 
Hoots's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Gundaroo NSW OZ
Oddometer: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noyah View Post
I'm in the middle of setting my bike up after installing Koubalink 1" (2.5 cm).
I started out raising the forks 2 cm but for me the bike got a bit unstable even at low speed (on soft gravel/mud)

Currently 1.4 cm raised and it seems better for me. Checked SAG and Rider SAG on the rear and it seems to be in spec.
Dialed in compression and rebound to 15 clicks while i try to find a good base setup forkwise.

Next step if i still dont like it will be 1 cm raised, and then 0.5 cm etc. After that i will remove the koubalink

690 enduro r -11
How tall are you Noyah and Canadian Bacon?
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:52 AM   #8396
Harty
Bloody Good Bloke!
 
Harty's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Devon, UK
Oddometer: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
I was on the cusp of buying a Scotts/Ohlin steering damper and kit from RR - had looked at GPR also - but had not considered the RalleMoto option ...

Has anyone used one and, if so, any opinions?

I'm in Australia, but curiously there is no free shipping here ...
I've been told by a few guys over here in the UK, that the RalleMoto is the better damper than the Scotts/Ohlins unit
__________________
I'll get me coat..............
Harty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #8397
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer
 
Hoots's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Gundaroo NSW OZ
Oddometer: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harty View Post
I've been told by a few guys over here in the UK, that the RalleMoto is the better damper than the Scotts/Ohlins unit
It looks quite innovative.

http://www.rallemoto.com/contents/en-us/d49.html
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:11 AM   #8398
Noyah
poser
 
Noyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Oddometer: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
How tall are you Noyah and Canadian Bacon?
1.78m 5'10 ish
__________________
KTM 690 Enduro R

--> My Movies <--
Noyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:28 AM   #8399
MarTind
Repaired and ready
 
MarTind's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: South Side of Bris
Oddometer: 49
Possible solution

Just had a similar problem with my '09. Intermittent FI error (9 flash: Throttle Position not plausible) Similar deal- fiddle with harness and other bits would "seem to fix" the problem but it soon returned.
After replacing the Throttle Body and the Harness it turned out that the Voltage Regulator was putting out 18v. Replaced that and all fixed.
(New ones will put out <15v)
Let me know if this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwrek12001 View Post
anyone that may know


major electrical power failure tonight, left me 1 km from home, it started intermitently then failed... removed the sea checking for battery, master relay connections.. nothing obvious.. pulling up on the main hareness going under the air box made it come alive again.. then fail. but I could make the bike come on and off at will moving the harness...

bikes back in the garage for me to goof with it tomorrow... any ideas where to look...?

again total electrical failure... it started with setting a fuel pump code, then a complete power failure. found moving the harness will restore the power and start, drive... I did a fuel pump and a fmf slip-on on it a month ago. (ca-cycle)
probably simple to fix, shitty to find...
MarTind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:09 AM   #8400
MarTind
Repaired and ready
 
MarTind's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: South Side of Bris
Oddometer: 49
FI "9 Blinks"

9 Flashes also can mean "Throttle Position Not Plausible"
Check Regulator is putting out less than 15v. (anything more will "confuse" the ECU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snohobo View Post
I haven't been riding lately but last week I was getting the bike back together, putting on some new parts, etc...

The only engine related part I put on was a new Remus pipe. Other stuff was new tires, plastics, cogs, sprocket, chain...

I noticed that the bike would turn over, but not start. Battery was charged, fuel pump priming - but it just wouldnt catch.

I had the upgraded fuel injector in my spare parts bag - and thought that might be the problem - so i installed it. Sure enough - the bike would now start, and idle - but would refuse to run. I could get it going in 1st and 2nd - but the bike would backfire badly, and die when the rpms dropped to idle.

Then the FI light came on - 9 blinks which indicate - Input signal from pressure sensor of induction manifold too low/high ktm.

What the hell and where the hell is the pressure sensor of induction manifold?

In Colombia - i had another related issue where the bike wouldnt start - and I got the same FI light. I brought it to the dealer and they cleared the code and put in a new spark plug and that seemed to fix the problem - for about 15,000 miles.

Does anyone know anything about this code? I can only find 2 examples of it ever being mentioned on google - and both didnt have much info.

Thanks
__________________
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
MarTind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015