Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #8851
Whec716
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Order direct from Rally Raid. After shipping you'll save a ton. I saved 60$ on the upper and lower tank bolts and the sprocket protection thing' and they ship quicker then the posted times on KTM Twins site.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Whec716 screwed with this post 05-23-2013 at 10:00 PM
Whec716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #8852
Maxacceleration
Awol

Oddometer: 2,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz-Strom View Post
Can't you order direct from RR in UK?
I have an email out to them thanks.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #8853
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxacceleration View Post
I have an email out to them thanks.
On two separate occasions, I've just ordered directly through the RR website system and received my order in a very short time. Highly recommend it.
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #8854
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
On two separate occasions, I've just ordered directly through the RR website system and received my order in a very short time. Highly recommend it.
+1 Fantastic service.
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #8855
Maxacceleration
Awol

Oddometer: 2,211
Quote:
I guess thats my route then.
I always thought KTMtwins was a good outfit.
Whats the deal with them and crazy long lead times with RR??? I went through this with my Evo1 tanks also.
I have my card # out already so I hope a fast one doesn't get pulled by ***twins.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #8856
Canadian_Bacon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
Thx I will go this route as well.

Quote:
Canadian_Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #8857
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,522
Quote:
KTM Twins accidentally sent me the wrong filter skins ...

I contacted them by phone, and the same day they sent the correct ones over to the other side of the world (i.e. to me) express post without charge ...

I have no complaints at all about that sort of service ...

Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #8858
v8toilet
Nothing to see here.

Oddometer: 1,741
Quote:
I guess thats my route then.
Whats the deal with them and crazy long lead times with RR??? I went through this with my Evo1 tanks also.
I have my card # out already so I hope a fast one doesn't get pulled by ***twins.
I have had a few orders turn out not so well with KTMTwins, however the customer service always was exemplary and they went beyond what most places would do to make it right. They probably need a certain $$$ amount to order from RR to make it worth while. Shipping across the pond is not cheap.
v8toilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:53 PM   #8859
Velociraptor
TrackBum

Oddometer: 1,122
I order a ton of stuff from KTM Twins, but for the RR stuff I go direct through RR.
2002 RC51 SOLD
2010 KTM 990 Supermoto R SOLD
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:42 AM   #8860
slidefighter
Gather it up, keep on...

Oddometer: 372
Shook out one of the big bolts that secure the rear fender hand grips on during my last ride. They appear on the KTM Twins microfiche but only the grips are identified with a part number. Anyone happen to know the part number so I can order a couple of new ones? I can call them obviously, but where I am right now, it's not convenient.

Thanks!

Lee...

"Never adopt an ideology that masks a lack of courage"
slidefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #8861
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINNY View Post
I can confirm that there is nothing in the 2012 owners manual about changing the offset on the steering stem.

Haven't had mine apart yet...
Well, there was nothing in the 2008 owners manual about adjustable offset either.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #8862
MAXVERT
Rough Rider

Oddometer: 1,043
Intank Filter #

Anyone have the # for the Wix or other in tank fuel filter, replacement
for the stock unit ?

Max
Old 05-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #8863
Oldbear
Don't want a pickle

Oddometer: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidefighter View Post
Shook out one of the big bolts that secure the rear fender hand grips on during my last ride. They appear on the KTM Twins microfiche but only the grips are identified with a part number. Anyone happen to know the part number so I can order a couple of new ones? I can call them obviously, but where I am right now, it's not convenient.

Thanks!

Lee...
Part number for the bolts is 0019080756.

The bolts are M8x75 with a 1.25 mm thread pitch.
Oldbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #8864
Oldbear
Don't want a pickle

Oddometer: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXVERT View Post
Anyone have the # for the Wix or other in tank fuel filter, replacement
for the stock unit ?

Max
The original is either Mahle KL 15 (up to 2011) or Mahle KL 97 (from 2012 onwards).

Part # for KL 15 is 4009026015186 (or 07132806) and 4009026729823 (or 70515773) for KL 97.

Napa 3011 and Wix 33011 should be similar and more common alternatives on your side of the pond.
Oldbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #8865
Aaron from Texas
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 489
So it looks like my 690 SMC will be no more. A lady pulled a U-turn in front of me a week ago, and I woke up in the hospital. Still not 100% on what happened... Or even 50%. Had all my gear on, of course, so that's why I'm still here.

The bike faired okay, but it tweaked, scratched, and bent enough things that the insurance company will total it. I don't think I want to purchase it back to ride (I was closing in on 18,000 mi), but I might purchase it back to part out, and wanted to give any of you guys first dibs. However, this all hinges on IF I buy it back.

The only parts that are absolutely trashed is the lower triple, headlight, and speedometer. Everything else faired well. Radiator mounts are tweaked, but it has no leaks, and works well.

SMC forks are in great shape, wheels are too (front has a very small ding, but it rides straight with no issues up to 110mph). Front is running Michelin Pilot Power with plenty of tread left, rear is wearing a Pilot Power 2CT with only about 1500 miles on it.

Fuel tank is in great shape, all threaded holes are still solid... I use anti-sieze on every bolt that comes out often.

I have a Renazco seat with repaired front mount. I riveted on a piece of 1/8" aluminum slotted for the bolt, so the seat doesn't move AT ALL anymore.

DID X-Ring Gold chain, front 16T sprocket, and rear 44T sprocket with only a couple thousand miles on 'em.

Euro tail and LED brake light with Integrated Turn Signals. I've wired it up so it's plug and play to the stock harness.

I have a few of the standard upgrades... Oberon Clutch Slave, Pivot Pegs (left is scratched), KTM Twins Billet Fuel Cap, ASV Levers, etc...

Frame is straight, but the main reason they "totaled" the bike is the steering stop is cracked under the neck. It's probably a 2 hour welding job, but of course they would only pay to replace it.

Engine has just under 18,000 mi on it, but it runs fantastic. I replaced both rockers within a few thousand miles, and have an RR Manual Cam Chain Tensioner.

Feel free to PM me with anything you guys would want, and I'll keep you all updated as to my decision. Trying to get a feel if it would be worth it or not. Thanks guys, I'll be back on 2 wheels soon...