Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #9151
sdd04
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidefighter View Post
Okay, what is the trick to getting my new Seat Concepts seat to fit? I removed the standard front big-headed screw and replaced it with the 'taller' one from Seat Concepts. Still won't go forward far enough for the new seat to sit all the way down, let alone engage the rear release. Seems like it just isn't going far enough forward. Has anyone had to carve out the forward slot on the front end of the seat a bit to help it go forward enough?

Slowly getting this thing in 'adventure' shape. Evo 2, damper/risers, better GPS, chain oiler, and an end-to-end fuel hose/filter revamp to go. I've been kinda doing the less expensive stuff first, not that a new seat, Wings exhaust, and a double hand full of KTM/Rally Raid filters, nuts, bolts, and doo-dads are exactly cheap!

Lee...
I had a problem with a 2013 690 that wouldn't slide far enough foward, and they had to make an offset rear pin for it. Still used the stock front bolt though.
Don't know what year yours is, but I would just call them. They are very helpful, and at least in my case, did everything needed to resolve the problem. Good people.
sdd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #9152
MeinMotorrad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Hmm can't find the first one anywhere, the second one shows that part as for a Duke, which has the exhaust run a complete different way so I can't imagine it would fit. Anyway, went ahead and ordered a FMF Q4.
Try this.

You might have to buy from a European supplier maybe?
MeinMotorrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #9153
slidefighter
Gather it up, keep on...

Oddometer: 362
sdd04: Thanks for the info...makes sense. I've been carving the front slot back little by little but no luck with a solution yet. If I don't lock down the front and slide the seat well forward, the sides fit nicely on the rubber stand-offs and the rear locks down correctly. The front goes almost all the way to the key/lock (but isn't locked down, of course). Like on yours it sounds like, if I lock the front down, there is no way to get the standoffs in the right position to 'sit down' on the frame, nor of course, is the rear forward enough for the rear latch to engage.

Arrrrggghhh!

Lee...

"Never adopt an ideology that masks a lack of courage"
slidefighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #9154
RoninMoto
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
How does your tensioner work? Is it spring tension or do you need to manually adjust the tension then secure it with a lock nut? Do you install it and forget about it or do you need to check it every now and then and adjust it? I put one on a Hayabusa years ago and it was the latter design.
I check mine every couple thousand km.

Loosen the nut, start the bike, tighten by hand as much as you can.. no wrench.. turn off the bike.. lock nut. takes 30 seconds.
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #9155
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 995
Quote:
Okay, what is the trick to getting my new Seat Concepts seat to fit? I removed the standard front big-headed screw and replaced it with the 'taller' one from Seat Concepts.
Lee...
Is this the complete seat that includes a new pan? Do you have any pictures of the underside? I've yet to see the SC seat pan and I'm considering buying their complete 2012/13 seat for my 09 since it is taller and narrower at the center than my current SC seat.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #9156
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninMoto View Post
I check mine every couple thousand km.

Loosen the nut, start the bike, tighten by hand as much as you can.. no wrench.. turn off the bike.. lock nut. takes 30 seconds.
Did the engine run any quieter after installation? I know that most of the engine noise is coming from the clutch basket, but anything that quiets down the box of rocks is a good thing!
Old 06-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #9157
slidefighter
Gather it up, keep on...

Noah: Just to be sure I understand, you have the manual tensioner, right?

Seat Concepts: Yes, my seat came with a new pan and all. I'll get a picture of it later tonight. I finally got it installed by slowly trimming back on the front slot and in the end, but putting serious upward pressure on the front of the seat while I worked it forward. It's latched right now and I want to leave it that way for awhile. Hopefully it will take a useful 'set'. I'll pull it for pix in a few hours.

Lee...

Old 06-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #9158
RoninMoto
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
Did the engine run any quieter after installation? I know that most of the engine noise is coming from the clutch basket, but anything that quiets down the box of rocks is a good thing!
Yes... but we also did an oil change and valve adjustment at the same time. So it was probably a combination. You will notice it most during startup before the automatic tensioner has a chance to build pressure.

Quote:
Noah: Just to be sure I understand, you have the manual tensioner, right?
Yes. From Rally Raid. Knowing that it won't fail is worth every penny. I like to be able to check these things.
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #9159
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 1,026
Question help

OK I am in some need of help with the tune ecu shit.
I have loaded the program (tune ecu) have all the proper files, loaded the OBD cable drivers (I think the right ones) tried it on a windows vista and 7 operating system. Just says can't connect to the bike. Not sure WTF is wrong and about to scream. The bike will now idle correct and flames out, surges etc...
What am I doing wrong please help?
Also I have read all the ADV posts on it and still not sure.
Thanks

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #9160
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by StepOnIt View Post
OK I am in some need of help with the tune ecu shit.
I have loaded the program (tune ecu) have all the proper files, loaded the OBD cable drivers (I think the right ones) tried it on a windows vista and 7 operating system. Just says can't connect to the bike. Not sure WTF is wrong and about to scream. The bike will now idle correct and flames out, surges etc...
What am I doing wrong please help?
Also I have read all the ADV posts on it and still not sure.
Thanks
Sounds like a USB problem. Do you actually see the drivers are installed and working?

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #9161
bayarearider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Need a broken OEM clutch lever bushing

I need the bushing from a OEM clutch lever (any year except 2013). I just purchased levers from RR and realized that my aftermarket Motion Pro clutch lever's bushing is too big to fit. Please PM me.Will pay for shipping.
bayarearider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #9162
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 1,026
not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by albie View Post
sounds like a usb problem. Do you actually see the drivers are installed and working?
i loaded the ones from the tune ecu site and also others off the net, is there a right one someone can point me to?

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #9163
slidefighter
Gather it up, keep on...

Here are the side-by-side stock 2012 seat and the Seat Concepts seat I just got in and installed.

The Seat Concepts pan is not noticeably more robust than stock; they are not identical, but the greatest difference is in the size of the rubber 'riders' for the frame, not the mass of the seat pan. The second picture makes it look more robust but that is an artifact of the angle the picture was taken on. The SC seat is a bit thicker and a bit wider at the rear and doesn't have quite the same bevel at the front as the stocker. The SC seat is heavier but I didn't have any reliable means of weighing either of them so I'm guessing at least 50% heavier. The SC seat is on the right in all the pictures except for the third one. And lastly, the SC seat is visibly narrower about 2/3 of the way from the rear to the front. I assume that is so you can stand on the pegs with no interference.

Lee...

slidefighter screwed with this post 06-07-2013 at 07:16 PM
Old 06-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #9164
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

SC pan

Thank you for that, the last picture is very helpful! It looks like they used the 08-11 pan, with the only significant difference being that the 12+ uses 2 more bumpers up front.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #9165
Whec716
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
I wasn't able to secure my new 2013 690 enduro r, so i'm going to sell the parts I've already ordered.

1. Wings exhaust - $400 shipped
2. Upper tank bolt - $55 shipped
3. Lower Tank bolt - $35 shipped
4. Rally Raid Billet brake and clutch lever set - $160 shipped
5. Rally Raid - Billet Sprocket Guard - $110 shipped
6. Thermostat switch - $50 shipped
7. Side stand removal switch - $25.00

Also posting in the for sale thread