Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccelRus MaxiMus View Post
Ah... they look alluring like the new 4CS
ones from the 13 Bergs

DuctTape & Baja Dad - both of you look to
have the HDB top clamps with the Flexx...

For stiffness, or ? I just talked to HDB about
the clamps the other day - how do you like
them ?

Appears the Flexx bars prevent any of the
switch mounts from being used - or is it just
the angle of the shots ?
I use HDB Handgaurds and they mount to the HDB Top camp
You can use all the switch mounts if you want.
On my 690 I did not need to have more switchs then I had mounted on my Road book plate
On my Husaberg that I am building now I will use the 4-small Mounting holes with Push button switchs
Flexx Bars work GREAT !!!!!!! My shoulders and hands LOVE them !!!!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #9287
DrtSqtr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
need to vent

Just incase anyone is keeping track ...... Im a victim of the dreded broken wire syndrone..... sofar my 690 has ran great up untill now. Durring my last ride my gps started to display battery fault warning which i thought was weird since its hard wired into the bike. The next day i went to start the bike to move it and it was dead..... after a day on the tender no luck still dead. I went to inspect the batery multimeter showed 5.86v. I started to remove the battery when i found the broken wires....awww crap!!!! so now knowing the OCD type person that i am i have to go through the entire bike and inspect the wires for other possible faults. Already ordered a mini voltmeter to install on the dash so i can keep an eye on things while out rideing...... ok done venting now,just need to get it out .
DrtSqtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #9288
chrislitt
B-KTM-W

Oddometer: 94
thanks all for the help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biped View Post
I have the EVO1 tanks with RR filter and trimmed those side pieces to fit. I ride in the rain often and have never had an issue with water in the airbox or wet filter. I cannot vouch for deep puddles as I usually loft the front over those. Also note that the intake velocity stack protrudes several inches into the airbox so you will need a lot of water in there to get into the intake.
BTW, I use No-Toil for filter oil.
Looks like I have replacement air filter direction.

Another question, where do you find the 5/8" caps for the sas removal? The local parts store has lots of nice small ones...
Donate to your causes 'cause your enemies are outspending you! 2011 R1200GS Adventure,2009 KTM 300XCW, 2009 KTM 690R, Rotarian, Member of AMA / D36, NRA, CRPA, BRC, BMW MOA 174799. Happy to still be working though it interferes with riding!
chrislitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #9289
lightfighter
where does this go?

Oddometer: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislitt View Post
Looks like I have replacement air filter direction.

Another question, where do you find the 5/8" caps for the sas removal? The local parts store has lots of nice small ones...
I found a pack of assorted sizes at checker that covered me, might have cost $5.
lightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:03 AM   #9290
gen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
wsmc831, The Letter J, thanks for your guidance! I will call Fasst and chat with them for ideas but will probably end up with a setup similar to one of yours. Much Appreciated!
DoD#1458 | GaijinRiders | 2010 KTM 690 Enduro
gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:05 AM   #9291
gen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Thanks also to Baja Dad for your guidance and photos!
DoD#1458 | GaijinRiders | 2010 KTM 690 Enduro
gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #9292
alpine rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
head light upgrade

I know this has been covered
But, can someone here confirm whether or not the Trail Tech X2 halogen dual sport will fit a 2010 690 ER?

I have read in various forums around the web, of guys running this light, but when I emailed trail tech, their opinion seems to differ:

Markus,

The X2 is meant to sit and be mounted to the top of a front fender. From what I can see, the 690s front fender sits too low for the X2 to mount and would require a custom mount in order for you to utilize it on your bike. The other issues that may prevent an X2 installation are the factory/OEM instrument cluster and wiring. You will have to completely remove and relocate the instrument cluster for the X2 to properly mount to your front forks.

Thank you,

Keven J. Baker
TrailTech.net

Seems that at the same time my throttle went bonkers, my headlight decided to go into full nuclear melt down mode as well....never would have thunk the two were related
alpine rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #9293
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine rider View Post
I know this has been covered
But, can someone here confirm whether or not the Trail Tech X2 halogen dual sport will fit a 2010 690 ER?

I have read in various forums around the web, of guys running this light, but when I emailed trail tech, their opinion seems to differ:

Markus,

The X2 is meant to sit and be mounted to the top of a front fender. From what I can see, the 690’s front fender sits too low for the X2 to mount and would require a custom mount in order for you to utilize it on your bike. The other issues that may prevent an X2 installation are the factory/OEM instrument cluster and wiring. You will have to completely remove and relocate the instrument cluster for the X2 to properly mount to your front forks.

Thank you,

Keven J. Baker
TrailTech.net

Seems that at the same time my throttle went bonkers, my headlight decided to go into full nuclear melt down mode as well....never would have thunk the two were related
Yes it will work.
You will need to space it out from the fork tubs due to your speedo /Tack
s much bigger.
EASY JOB!!! I have done it !!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #9294
christian
Exchange your GPS Track!

Oddometer: 2,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
Yes it will work.
You will need to space it out from the fork tubs due to your speedo /Tack
s much bigger.
EASY JOB!!! I have done it !!
I have one on my 2010.
Either you space like baja dad said, or you make a little plate to lift up the speedo gauges simple little plate to lift the gauge about 1 1/2 inch.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #9295
Ontario GS
Budding Adv. Traveler

Oddometer: 395
I have a 2010 690 Enduro R and we are in the process of installing the Lynx Fairing. We are at the point of plugging back in the display console connections and we appear to have an extra male connection coming out of the console that we can't locate the female end. We feel like a pair of idiots (no comment necessary) and wonder if anybody can shed some light on this mystery connection?

In the picture below, it's the 4th connector, the reddish coloured one.

Husqvarna TE250 (The Gator) -- 10 KTM 690 Enduro

Life ain't about how fast you ride, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
Ontario GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #9296
christian
Exchange your GPS Track!

Oddometer: 2,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario GS View Post
I have a 2010 690 Enduro R and we are in the process of installing the Lynx Fairing. We are at the point of plugging back in the display console connections and we appear to have an extra male connection coming out of the console that we can't locate the female end. We feel like a pair of idiots (no comment necessary) and wonder if anybody can shed some light on this mystery connection?

In the picture below, it's the 4th connector, the reddish coloured one.

It's for the remote control switch. If you don't have it it stays empty
Old 06-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #9297
Ontario GS
Budding Adv. Traveler

Oddometer: 395
Thanks Christian!

Husqvarna TE250 (The Gator) -- 10 KTM 690 Enduro

Life ain't about how fast you ride, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
Ontario GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #9298
jgbnm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
As mentioned, Trail Tech x2 halogen doesn't fit without minor modifications. Light output is marginal at best. Adequate for around town where there are streetlights and general ambient lighting. Inadequate if it's really dark.

HID version has good light output, but in that price range the Baja Designs LED options are far superior in light output, quality and reliability.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
jgbnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #9299
motoged
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Trail View Post
Is there a section for how to remove stuck bolts from the embedded nuts in the tank?

I tried to remove my rack and one of the bolts was seized in the nut and the nut is turning in the plastic. I drilled the head off of the bolt so i could get to the nut but found it buried somewhere in the plastic and iat still turns. I tried oil, a little heat but i think i am going to need to grab that nut to break the bolt loose. Who here has solved this problem so i don't screw something up experimenting?
Still waiting for answers or suggestions. please ...ANYONE ???

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #9300
Pundy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Ged, I took mine to 3 local guys that I thought would be able to somehow get that nut unseized, but to no avail. They were all paranoid of spinning it in it's spot in the tank, which would then eventually hole the tank. I ended up slicing the bolt that goes into it, and welding on an extension, then using a nut at the top to secure my G-It rack.
Pundy is offline   Reply With Quote