Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 05:45 AM   #9541
zxrider11
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
Anybody here with the Cycra Pro Bend handguards, I have what is probably a stupid question. With the bar taper, I'm not sure whether I should get the 7/8 or 1 1/8 clamps?
1-1/8" is what you need. The measurement of the bar is referenced at the triple clamp diameter.
zxrider11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:47 AM   #9542
poondangle
Slow

Oddometer: 1,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxrider11 View Post
1-1/8" is what you need. The measurement of the bar is referenced at the triple clamp diameter.
Thanks
poondangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #9543
DaveInSt.Augustine
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
FI error code?

I have a error code 90 (9x long) my owners manual says: Throttle position circuit. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I purchase a new TPS or does that mean the TPS settings are off? It looks my throttle body has slightly detached itself from the engine, I've heard of that happening on other people's bikes, anyone know what causes the throttle body to come loose?

DaveInSt.Augustine screwed with this post 07-05-2013 at 08:50 AM Reason: more info
DaveInSt.Augustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #9544
motoged
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Poor factory installation/connection of that rubber collar and hose clamps....clean and tighten.

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #9545
ktmmitch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by christian View Post
Prices???

New delivery arrived today from Holland,available in all 3 variants from next week.
ktmmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #9546
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post

New delivery arrived today from Holland,available in all 3 variants from next week.
Excellent!

Do you have a likely due date for the cartridge conversion kits ... ?

Perhaps too difficult at this stage, but any idea of price ... ?
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #9547
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,432
OEM Tires.....

Well I pick up the new 2013 Enduro R in the morning. 3.5 hour drive and I can't wait. I just received a nice package from our friends at Rally Raid so I can shore up the radiator, tank bolts, and bash plate right off the bat. I already had luggage from my previous steed, a T800XC.

My question is the OEM tires. How good are they? Slippery when wet on pavement? Sketchy in sand?

Thanks,
Brad
Old 07-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #9548
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer: 3,026
A 606 in the front and a K60 Heide on the rear. This is the combination that works for me here in LA and in the rocks of AR.

You may as well get that Heide ordered up 'cause that rear's gonna be toast faster than you can spit . Mine OEM rear was toast by 1,200 miles.

Like I said in a PM a few weeks back-this bike is going to make you smile everytime you whack the throttle.

Dirty
Old 07-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #9549
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_sanchez View Post
A 606 in the front and a K60 Heide on the rear.

You may as well get that Heide ordered up 'cause that rear's gonna be toast faster than you can spit . Mine OEM rear was toast by 1,200 miles.

Like I said in a PM a few weeks back-this bike is going to make you smile everytime you whack the throttle.

Dirty
Thanks, Chip.
I ran a TKC80 on the front and a K60 on the rear of my Tiger so I am familiar with the K60. Did you ever ride the OEM's in the rain?
Old 07-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #9550
palmstatecrawler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 491
They suck in the rain. Had to run a red light cuz my rear locked up and jumped left and right. Probably user error with the all mighty brembos? Where are you located? I drove 3.5 hours to georgia to pick up my bike a few months ago.
'13 KTM 690 Enduro R w/ full akrapovic exhaust, Evo1 lid, uni filter, Renazco seat, hard parts windshield and footpad, scotts damper with BRP submount, hammerhead shifter, flatlands skidplate, lost dog centerstand, Touratech engine guards, r&g front and rear axle and exhaust sliders, piaa 1100's, Doubletake mirrors, G2cam system,
'07 Kawasaki KLX250, '86 Yamaha BW80
palmstatecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #9551
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmstatecrawler View Post
They suck in the rain. Had to run a red light cuz my rear locked up and jumped left and right. Probably user error with the all mighty brembos? Where are you located? I drove 3.5 hours to georgia to pick up my bike a few months ago.
Thanks Crawler.
I am in Mobile, Alabama. The bike is in Pelham, AL. Just south of Birmingham. They had a 2012 that I just missed by a few days and thought I was out of luck but the owner told me he had one 2013 in a crate. I'm stoked!
Old 07-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #9552
slidefighter
Gather it up, keep on...

Oddometer: 448
Swingarm/Kouba-Link Woes

A little help, please. I'm a bit worried because I pulled my rear linkage to install a Kouba link and now I can't get the swingarm "axle" pieces reinstalled. I have the Kouba link on it's forward mount and the rear spring/damper reconnected to the other end of Kouba link, but now I can't get the bolts on but one side of the swingarm. I tried maneuvering the rear swingarm/wheel complex to get them to both line up, but no luck. I put a fair amount of force on the two bolts (one on each side) but the one on the right does not want to go in. The Service Manual has nothing (that I have found yet) on pulling the swing arm apart so I can't really see what all the pieces of it look like inside the forward pivot of the swingarm nor how they fit together.

Lot's of people have installed Kouba links---what the heck have I done wrong? Wouldn't you know it, Kouba is on vacation!

Lee...

"Never adopt an ideology that masks a lack of courage"
slidefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #9553
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmbuster View Post

Well I pick up the new 2013 Enduro R in the morning. 3.5 hour drive and I can't wait. I just received a nice package from our friends at Rally Raid so I can shore up the radiator, tank bolts, and bash plate right off the bat. I already had luggage from my previous steed, a T800XC.

My question is the OEM tires. How good are they? Slippery when wet on pavement? Sketchy in sand?

Thanks,
Brad
When it comes to tyres, only you can be the judge ...

Too many variables - bike / riding style / terrain mix and priorities / etc ...

Bikes here have TKC80s front and back as the OEM tyres - the 2012 did anyway - that's a good place to start - reasonable jack-of-all-trades, although they don't last very long ...

I'd ride those out and get used to the bike, then decide on the next set - even then, you'll probably cycle through half a dozen variants before working out what's best for you ...
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #9554
palmstatecrawler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 491
Slidefighter, it is a pita to get the thing on right. Make sure you have it on a centerstand. Try to just screw one side in a little bit and then get the other side started. You should then be able tighten the bolts at the same time by leaning over the seat. I hate to admit it but it probably took me 2 hours to install the link. I made the mistake of trying to use a swingarm lift instead of a centerstand.
'13 KTM 690 Enduro R w/ full akrapovic exhaust, Evo1 lid, uni filter, Renazco seat, hard parts windshield and footpad, scotts damper with BRP submount, hammerhead shifter, flatlands skidplate, lost dog centerstand, Touratech engine guards, r&g front and rear axle and exhaust sliders, piaa 1100's, Doubletake mirrors, G2cam system,
'07 Kawasaki KLX250, '86 Yamaha BW80
palmstatecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #9555
ktmmitch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
Excellent!

Do you have a likely due date for the cartridge conversion kits ... ?

Perhaps too difficult at this stage, but any idea of price ... ?
We are going over to Tractive's HQ in next few weeks for training,so hope to bring first-off cartridge back.
Price of kit expected to be about 350
ktmmitch is offline   Reply With Quote