|03-05-2015, 12:27 PM||#1|
Joined: Oct 2014
KTM 690 Enduro R electrical pain in the a**!
I'm in need of some major help with my 690 enduro r 2012. I've put my bike back to standard after having an evo 2 tune kit fitted and I've had a problem with the right side throttle sensor for 3 weeks now. I keep getting code P0227 throttle grip sensor low voltage and a value of 0.4 (what does this stand for??) in the top right of the throttle menu on tuneECU. Things I have checked so far:
- cleaned every connector including earths with electrical contact cleaner- all good
- buzzed the cables back from the plug of the sensor to the ecu- same results on both sides, seems good.
- voltage of 4.9/5.0v at the plug for the sensor
- checked all the fuses both in the ignition relay and fuse board
- regulator puts out 14.4v with the engine running, seems good in my book
- changed the throttle sensor (at great expense). no cure :-(
- throttle 'on+off' reset and 15 min idle done. no cure
- tried uploading the old map from when it used to run ok, still no cure
- swapped the relays around, no cure
One clue may be that when I installed the battery I accidentally arced the + terminal to the frame, but didn't blow any fuses..
Has anyone got a wiring diagram that shows what the right side throttle sensor connects to so I can trace it back? Had my fair share of motorcycle fixes over time but this one is losing my faith in KTM..
Any help on this would be gold for me.
|03-05-2015, 12:44 PM||#2|
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: New Zealand
I have a pdf 2010 repair manual which has a wiring diagram in it - happy to pass it on if you pm me an email address. I assume most of the wiring should be the same? yours if you want it.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|