User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011, 03:25 AM   #31
Thunder Dan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 674
G'day Edmond,

There's a few sensible restrictions our government put in place. Not all bikes up to 650cc are approved. Likewise, not all 250cc bikes are approved either. Bikes such as NSR250, RGV250, CBR600, GSXR600, etc are not approved.
The power to weight ratio limit allows the use of big singles & some v-twins (ie, TransAlp 650).

Fogo,
Finally, found the thread!!! Nice work so far. I see what you mean about the shims - they don't look too flash do they.. I see Mr. Softie snuck into one of the pictures. Did you notice?

Hope the other parts start showing up this week. Hope you & Aaron have a good time. I suppose you've already considered it, but warn him about fatigue. Make sure he knows it's ok to make the call to stop for a break if concentration is escaping him. Especially in the evening / night if you're pulling a big one.

Cheers,

Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Dantès View Post
That's quite an increase in power from a 250 to a 600 for young lads on learner permits. Hope the government know what they are doing???
Thunder Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:24 AM   #32
Fogo72 OP
I Bleed Green

Oddometer: 1,401
Two weeks to go!

Hi guys, sorry for the delay, Aaron pissed off for the school holidays, sunning his ass on the beach somewhere.
Anyway, I have been pluggin away in the shed alone. My cams have been out for the third time due to me not being happy with my hard starting on the electric starter when cold, turning to hard starting on the electric starter when hot.
Fark me, I would rather kick it over in the morning once then all day. So exhaust cam out again and knocked off the Decompression mech for good. Now it starts hot and cold everytime, just the starter has to work a lot harder and near impossiable to kick start, but new battery in and starting well, so time to focus on something else.

Aaron was struggling with his fabrication of his saddle bag racks and extending his side stand, so I had to finish them off for him. Standing to bend up the LHS saddle bag rack.

The finished product, it does not take any weight, it just stops the saddle bag from swinging in and hitting the chain.

The RHS saddle bag rack.

Since we will be doing a few big days and Aaron is into making movies we will be stopping and starting to get footage and pics ect, there may be a few days where we will be getting to our camp at night, so both bikes are running HID headlights and I thought some extra lighting would not go astay, I found these CAT flood lamps kicking around the shed, so I welded a 10mm bolt to the light mount and plan on at night time getting our lights out of our saddle bags and removing the LHS mirror and screwing the flood light into the mirror mount and the wiring loom plugs into the 12v aux socket.

The HID throws a great light out long distance but lacks in any light along the side of the roads where the Roo's are waiting to jump out in front of you, the flood covers that nicely, may like gay but practical. In this situation we plan on riding side by side to get the most out of the lights at slower speeds.

Both bikes are goers, Plan on doing a test day ride once Junior gets his licence, which we be this Monday, 3 days from now. Then we need to sit down and start packing.

I bought a Spot tracker, so you guys can check in and follow our progress.
Leaving Wednsday the 26/10/11.

Cheers Fogo...

Fogo72 screwed with this post 10-14-2011 at 03:30 AM
Fogo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:41 AM   #33
Fogo72 OP
I Bleed Green

Bikes are out of the shed.

Both bikes are goers and I took Aaron into town today to get his learners permit. We got home and got ourselves dressed, ready for his first ride.

We rode into town and fuelled up at the servo and headed out the Miranie road. We did about 70 klm round trip.
We got our uhf's going properly after one was on duplex. Riding through town was great to have UHF communications to your son's bike on his first ride. I could tell him if he had left his blinker on or if a car was coming around the corner. Once we got out of town and on the back road the throttle was wound open. We come acoss a closed dirt road so we thought we better go and check out why, the creek crosing had washed out the road, so I went in first and the water went up over my front wheel, powered on through it and up the bank on the other side while Aaron followed me, with me just praying he didn't drop it. We had a great ride and that is about all the testing we will get to do before we leave in 8 days.

We didn't take a camera with us but we should have, we found some great roads and views. Got home to find out my new HID headlight globe had popped. So in the morning I will have to put in my spare.
The next few days will be sorting out what we will be taking on the trip. But least the bikes are going.
8 days to go and you will beable to follow us on our trip. I have bought a Spot tracker and will put the link up for all you guys later in the week.
Cheers Fogo....

Fogo72 screwed with this post 10-17-2011 at 01:49 PM
Old 10-17-2011, 03:25 AM   #34
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,302
Wish you a good ride!!
I follow the track.
Myway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:39 AM   #35
triple hoe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Good luck with your trip fellas, see you at the pub, it will be good to have a bit of team green there!
Old 10-25-2011, 05:21 AM   #36
Fogo72 OP
I Bleed Green

Off in the morning.

Sorry guys for such a drawn out prep before the ride, but in the morning we will be off so follow us on our SPOT page. We will try to up date when we can. We will have heaps of photos and footage from the Gopro helmet cam when we get back, so the best is yet to come. Until then stay tuned.

Cheers Team KLX
Old 10-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #37
Johnny55
Banned

Oddometer: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogo72 View Post

Cheers Team KLX

I must have missed it but what is the tank/skid plate? Interesting
Johnny55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #38
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny55 View Post
I must have missed it but what is the tank/skid plate? Interesting
It contains water for the outback

and you see the tankt on the back that contains fuel.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:02 AM   #39
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

day 1:

spot 14. fuelstop

spot 49. I assume a fuelstop after 405 spot km.

Nice too see some places in your country.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:46 AM   #40
holmesie
I like stuff...

Oddometer: 588
Safe travels fellas. Look forward to hearing the stories
Old 11-03-2011, 02:28 PM   #41
Fogo72 OP
I Bleed Green

Were back home

Hey guys, we got back safely and had a great time. give me a few weeks to get the ride report started.

Cheers Fogo...
Old 11-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #42
holmesie
I like stuff...

Oddometer: 588
Old 11-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #43
Fogo72 OP
I Bleed Green

Ride report Video part 1

Hey ya are guys, check out the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ4Gs0GVvzA

Cheers Fogo...
Old 11-07-2011, 03:38 AM   #44
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

every day hunting for roadfood.

just once the last day they have something too eat.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:51 AM   #45
Benesesso
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,897
Great vid! You guys ride fast. How's the hand?