Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #61
trail717
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonshot View Post
Well that is the end of the loop. Lots to explore and enjoy. As I mentioned the 840 miles can be ridden in one shot over several days or it can be divided into day or weekend rides. Fall colors are approaching right now so it would be a good time to sample some of this.

The GPS track can be donwloaded here.

Don't forget to take the pictures of your bike at the Rustic Road signs. Send in ten and get a Rustic Roads Motorcycle Patch.

Thanks for riding along!
Thanks--I enjoyed it--
trail717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:11 PM   #62
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 18,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questor View Post
Another Cannonshot Ride?
With Submarines?

Awesome!!!

Thanks!
Q~
Hi Questor! Hope you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trail717 View Post
Thanks--I enjoyed it--
Thanks, glad you liked it!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #63
zilla
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,590
Great stuff Cannonshot! I've made two trips up to Door County this year, and can't wait to go back,
Old 11-17-2011, 04:20 AM   #64
BSTT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Wonderful roads

Hi Cannonshot, a wonderful ride and superb pics.
Ciao Gero
BSTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #65
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilla View Post
Great stuff Cannonshot! I've made two trips up to Door County this year, and can't wait to go back,
Thanks. I'm with you. A wonderful place to visit with a lot of scenic and interesting ways to get there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSTT View Post
Hi Cannonshot, a wonderful ride and superb pics.
Ciao Gero
Glad you enjoyed the area. Come over and visit sometime!
Old 11-18-2011, 01:41 AM   #66
petrekoba
n00b

Oddometer: 2
so many good pictures.
petrekoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:07 AM   #67
bsscooter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Very nice report and pictures! I had the pleasure of playing at Whistling Straits and attending the vintage races at Elkhart Lake with my son in July. One of our best trips ever. Looking forward to going back and riding in Door county.
bsscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #68
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrekoba View Post
so many good pictures.
Thanks. The scenery makes it easy to get a few nice pix. Hope things are well in China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsscooter View Post
Very nice report and pictures! I had the pleasure of playing at Whistling Straits and attending the vintage races at Elkhart Lake with my son in July. One of our best trips ever. Looking forward to going back and riding in Door county.
Thanks, great that you enjoyed the area! Hope you do get a chance to spend some time out on the peninsula. So much to see.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #69
Daamud
AAAAAYYY!

Oddometer: 2,109
Great report .

If you have some spare time in Sturgeon Bay, check this out.

http://www.wisconsinshipwrecks.org/e...head_final.cfm

http://www.wisconsinshipwrecks.org/e...head_today.cfm
Old 06-15-2012, 06:11 AM   #70
OldSilverFox
Let's Go!

Oddometer: 393
Door County Ride

Bryan
I friend and I just completed a modified Door County ride and had a great time. We left from Ontario and rode over to Ludungton Mi. and took the SS Badger across to Manitowoc. We then went north from there up the east side of the penninsula to the tip and then the ferry to Washington Is. The ride around the Island was great, much better than I expected and the back down the west side to Green Bay. From there it was back up the NW coast of Lake Michigan around the top and on to cross the bridge at Mackinaw. We then followed the west coast of Michiganas far south as Traverse City and the back home to Ontario.
We had a great ride primarily due to all the hard work you did in preparing the routes and the GPS tracks and higlighting the things to see. A tremendous thanks for all your hard work. All in all about a 1400 mile loop.
Thanks Bryan.
TCAT Ride Report .
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825909
OldSilverFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #71
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 10,837
Excellent job Col. Cannonshot! I'm always late to the party!

Your CDR loader R3 (imo, a work of art) is on my gps and it is t - 10 days to launch!! :) Thank you Sir!!

Jax' mediocre photo thread.
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #72
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSilverFox View Post
Bryan
I friend and I just completed a modified Door County ride and had a great time. We left from Ontario and rode over to Ludungton Mi. and took the SS Badger across to Manitowoc. We then went north from there up the east side of the penninsula to the tip and then the ferry to Washington Is. The ride around the Island was great, much better than I expected and the back down the west side to Green Bay. From there it was back up the NW coast of Lake Michigan around the top and on to cross the bridge at Mackinaw. We then followed the west coast of Michiganas far south as Traverse City and the back home to Ontario.
We had a great ride primarily due to all the hard work you did in preparing the routes and the GPS tracks and higlighting the things to see. A tremendous thanks for all your hard work. All in all about a 1400 mile loop.
Thanks Bryan.
Thanks! Sounds like you had a great trip. I see that the Badger blew a ring on one of the steam pistons and ran aground in the harbor the other day. I'm glad the tracks proved useful for you. I try to set up it to make it easy for the next guy to enjoy. I heard from some others that enjoyed that run as well. As you know, shore riding on the Door peninsula is really nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post
Excellent job Col. Cannonshot! I'm always late to the party!

Your CDR loader R3 (imo, a work of art) is on my gps and it is t - 10 days to launch!! :) Thank you Sir!!
Thanks Jax! I really enjoyed that Great Divide ride as it is so scenic. I hear that there is no longer gas down in Hachita close to the Mex border so plan accordingly. Have a great trip and I'll be looking forward to reading about it when you get back!

Cannonshot screwed with this post 06-15-2012 at 10:17 AM
Cannonshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #73
Willius
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Familiar Sights...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonshot View Post
Kewaunee pierhead lighthouse.
My wife's family is from Kewaunee County, and most all of them are still in the area; Algoma, Casco, Luxemburg, De Pere, and Green Bay proper. Her uncle used to run a woodshop ( www.mastersofwood.com ) out of this building. In the last couple of years, he has built a new smaller, more efficient building to operate from out behind this one on another lot after renting space from this building's owner for many years.

FWIW. My wife worked at the Von Stiehl Winery in Algoma through high school and some summers during college. It's owned by some friends of the family. Nice place.
Willius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #74
14Traits
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Thank you very much for posting this route. I rode 4 of your 5 parts then headed over to the Iron Co route and did 2 of the 3 tracks there before my tire was so worn I had to limp the bike home on it. I underestimated how much tread I had left but the trip was exactly what I needed to recharge.

PROUD SPONSOR of #81 Neduro to Dakar - GO NED GO!!
14Traits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #75
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willius View Post
My wife's family is from Kewaunee County, and most all of them are still in the area; Algoma, Casco, Luxemburg, De Pere, and Green Bay proper. Her uncle used to run a woodshop ( www.mastersofwood.com ) out of this building. In the last couple of years, he has built a new smaller, more efficient building to operate from out behind this one on another lot after renting space from this building's owner for many years.

FWIW. My wife worked at the Von Stiehl Winery in Algoma through high school and some summers during college. It's owned by some friends of the family. Nice place.
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you have a great connection to the area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Traits View Post
Thank you very much for posting this route. I rode 4 of your 5 parts then headed over to the Iron Co route and did 2 of the 3 tracks there before my tire was so worn I had to limp the bike home on it. I underestimated how much tread I had left but the trip was exactly what I needed to recharge.
I'm glad you got to ride some of these paths. Lots of interesting stuff along the way. Nice to hear that you enjoyed your ride. From what you say, it must have been worth it to burn off that tire.