Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2006, 01:43 PM   #46
ChrisC
Molon Labe

Oddometer: 6,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
It's on the Santa Cruz BMW link... honey.
That's waaaay to fuckin' complicated for my tired ol' ass, but thanks... baby
ChrisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:31 PM   #47
PASSMORE
Just the last name...

Oddometer: 4,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
Best looking and fitting "not for a KTM" shield I've seen so far. Price isn't a deal breaker either.

Nice job pookie... And thanks for pulling a thread out of the closet with some of Macks posts in it.

C
absolutely agree

Much better than the stock F650 mod.

Nicely executed as well.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:25 AM   #48
Carlos M
www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer: 2,852
Thank you! Looks clean and it ain't expensive.

Please let us know your impressions after riding it.

MotoXplorers.com
Carlos M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:24 AM   #49
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadedagain
well... i just got off the phone with cee bailey in los angeles. they are willing to give a shot at manufacturing windshields for our bikes. ones with the correct profile across the front, rather than what i call :the gladiator helmet" look.

how many of you louts would be interested if we got a ktm 640 adventure specific shield at about the same cost as the f650 dakar one?
Hey Loaded,

Just to cover all bases, this never went anywhere? With the WonderLick screen that WageSlave mounted looking pretty good (awaiting ride report) perhaps other options are not so desirable - unless the mounting and such is smooth. Velo wants adjustability but that, I am guessing, wouldn't be cheap.

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:06 PM   #50
WageSlave
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
I rode the bike quite a bit last week. The wind is being deflected higher (as if I'd expected anything else) than stock. The gap between the Wunderlich screen and the stock screen allows for air circulation, there's no turbulence behind the screen. At speed I feel no airflow with my hand until I move it up above the Wunderlich screen (sorry guys but I don't own a windtunnel, slow mo' camera, and smoke machine). Air flow is currently directed in such a way that it is contacting the top of the helmet (not chest and above as was the case with the stock wind screen alone). I may post an ad on craigslist.com for a female research fellow who'd be willing to ride in front of me, taking appropriate measurements as I pilot the bike.

When wearing my Arai XD helmet, with visor in place, the Wunderlich screen isn't causing any significant turbulence or buffeting. The only buffeting I've encountered with the Arai XD has been from gusty cross winds (the wind screen does nothing for cross wind) and when turning to look over my shoulder to check lanes (that action seems to position the helmet outside of the "zone" provided by the Wunderlich screen so the visor is caught by the jet stream).

Wind noise overall is reduced as well (though with the XD there's always more wind noise than with my Scorpion EXO-700). Due to my recent (a + b + c = d) mishap (where a = dark room, b = toys on floor, c = bunk bed, and d = great photo op) I'm wearing the XD on all rides for the time being since its fit is slightly more relaxed than that of my Scorpion (the later fits better). Doc said no anything (riding, exercise, exertion) for two weeks... whatever! I figure that riding with the Arai XD will reduce the chance of complications arising from pressure around the eyes.

d =

The rain has hit here as of this morning, although that could provide for an interesting ride report... put the face shield up and ride, see how much water I get in the face! With the eye though... that probably wouldn't be on the list of brighter things I've done.

I plan to drill some more holes this weekend (plugging the existing holes temporarily), bringing the Wunderlich screen up another 2 inches or so, to see if there's any noticable difference in the above mentioned results. I suspect that due to the curvature of the stock screen and that of the Wunderlich screen I've come pretty close to max beneficial effect. But I'll look into this more closely once I've got the drill in my grubby paws.

Current ride - '09 DR-Z400SM (Adventurized)

WageSlave screwed with this post 02-27-2006 at 10:18 PM
WageSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:10 PM   #51
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WageSlave
The rain has hit, although that could provide for an interesting ride report... put the face shield up and ride, see how much water I get in the face!
OMG, it's storming up here too; and I hear over in the Sacramento area... the whole state is covered in rain

Old 02-28-2006, 10:41 PM   #52
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WageSlave

I plan to drill some more holes this weekend (plugging the existing holes temporarily), bringing the Wunderlich screen up another 2 inches or so, to see if there's any noticable difference in the above mentioned results. I suspect that due to the curvature of the stock screen and that of the Wunderlich screen I've come pretty close to max beneficial effect. But I'll look into this more closely once I've got the drill in my grubby paws.
So you are going to try relocating the screen? creeper would be proud; he does so luv to drill holes in his fairing!

Old 02-28-2006, 11:03 PM   #53
WageSlave
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm a pioneer, clearing the way for others who may follow.

In for a penny... in for a pound.

Blah, blah, blah

Old 03-01-2006, 03:18 AM   #54
Carlos M
www.motoxplorers.com

WG,

Thanks for your report! Can you post your measures? height, inseam... and is your seat the standard one?

Thanks again! Hopefully I'll wait for the end of your experiments, so that I'll get by with just three holes in my fairing Not that my cosmetics are that beautifull anyway

Sorry about the a+b+c+d thing. A friend of mine once stepped on a hoe (?) in a kennel in the dark and got hit by the handle straight in the forehead. He though he was being assaulted and shitted his pants, cried for his wife really comic shit

MotoXplorers.com
Old 03-02-2006, 12:12 AM   #55
WageSlave
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj1150gs
WG,

Thanks for your report! Can you post your measures? height, inseam... and is your seat the standard one?

Thanks again! Hopefully I'll wait for the end of your experiments, so that I'll get by with just three holes in my fairing Not that my cosmetics are that beautifull anyway

Sorry about the a+b+c+d thing. A friend of mine once stepped on a hoe (?) in a kennel in the dark and got hit by the handle straight in the forehead. He thought he was being assaulted and shitted his pants, cried for his wife really comic shit
I hope, for your sake, that your buddy doesn't read this thread.

My bike has the stock seat.

My stats... (hmmmm why do I suddenly feel like a contestant on the Dating Game?):
Height: 6' (182.88cm)
Inseam: 32" (81.28cm)

A few of my favorite things: walking on the beach, sunsets, the scent of freshly mown grass, bee stings, snake bites, abrasions, photos of personal injuries I've sustained (though video footage of the actual incident is preferable), etc., etc.

Old 03-02-2006, 04:30 AM   #56
Carlos M
www.motoxplorers.com

Thank you. You are almost the perfect guinea pig , I'm about the same height (183 cm) and longer legged - 88 cm inseam (34.6"), so your results will apply. And thanks for the metric conversions

My friend is now over is accident, he had a good laugh about the hoe thing

MotoXplorers.com
Old 04-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #57
thechickencow
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 687
I realize this thread is old as hell, but WageSlave (hopefully you'll see this), how is that windscreen working for you?

I'm 6'4, 34" inseam, and looking for something that'd hopefully get my head out of hte wind a little bit more than stock.