Oddometer: 345
the ride back to jogja

mujiburrahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:16 AM   #34
mujiburrahman OP
Gnarly Adventurer

another southern coast of Java - Parang tritis Beach

This was a one day ride on the 1 january 2005. Parangtritis beach in located in Bantul district in Yogyakarta. It is about 45 minutes ride.

start with the sand dunes
Old 10-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #35
mujiburrahman OP
Gnarly Adventurer

sand and more sand

Old 10-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #36
mujiburrahman OP
Gnarly Adventurer

going up to the highlands of gambirowati

Old 10-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #37
mujiburrahman OP
Gnarly Adventurer

waiting for the sun set

Old 10-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #38
mujiburrahman OP
Gnarly Adventurer

parangtritis beach from the top

Old 10-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #39
mujiburrahman OP
Gnarly Adventurer

the beautiful sunset and a UFO in the middle

Old 10-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #40
mujiburrahman OP
Gnarly Adventurer

the moon going back home

Old 10-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #41
mujiburrahman OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I reccomend that if you want to ride java go through the southern beaches it is so much better than the northern beaches.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:49 AM   #42
mujiburrahman OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Ride and camp out in the southern beaches started already dark and reach at midnight. Then camp out in the sand. Find another beach and cook fish from the market. Climb a coconut tree and went back home.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:36 AM   #43
mujiburrahman OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Adventure to the beautiful beaches of Gunung Kidul

Start at Yogyakarta city went to my friends house he will be accompanying me with this adventure. He is by best friend and when in high school we always go to the beach together. But 10 years after high school still find an opportunity to go to the beach.

This time we use a small Honda Kharisma 125cc motorbike 4 strokes. It is a good small motorbike to travel around. at 9.00pm we start to ride going to the first destination called Pantai Sadeng, it is the furthest beach on the eastern side of Yogyakarta. It takes about 2 hours and 30 minutes ride. It is a dark and lonely road heading to the beach.

We first passed a city called wonosari and turn south heading to the beach. It is another 1 hour ride. the road is getting darker and no more houses just rocks road twisting up and down. This is one of the driest area in Yogyakarta.

At 11.00 pm arrived at the beach but suddenly at the middle of the road we met a spiky ant eater about to cross the road. He just walk out from the bush. I slowed down the motorbike and told my friends to take a picture. My friends step down and took his camera from the bag and when he was ready to take a picture the spiky ant eater run away into the bush. That was the first time a saw an wild ant eater will all the spikes at his back.

All restaurant was closed. From the beach we went to the Harbor. There is a fish market but at this time it is also closed. In the fish market I saw a large dung beetle and took a photo. There are many fisherman fishing on the side of the harbor. They catch fish that is hiding in the coral. during the early morning they go out to see using a 10 gross ton ship to catch fish for 3 days at sea but if only for 3 ton boat then only go out daily. In the harbor there is a petrol station to supply fuel for the motor boats.

there are no hotels no accommodation it was a good thing that i prepared a tent. But since this Pantai Sadeng beach is a fishing harbor there is not place to camp out so had to find another beach called Wedi Ombo Beach. WE said good bye to pantai sadeng beach and now to find a place to set up the tent in the darkness.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:52 AM   #44
mujiburrahman OP
Gnarly Adventurer

night riding and the dung beetle

Old 11-30-2011, 06:58 AM   #45
mujiburrahman OP
Gnarly Adventurer

wedi ombo beach

We arrived at Wedi Ombo beach at 12pm at midnight, parked the motorbike under a shed and walked down to the beach which is an 300m walk down. Find a place to set up a camp and then sleep the entire night pitch black darkness only a light from the Mobile phones only.

the next morning early in the morning my best friend went out tooks some pictures of the beach and met with a fisherman and he has just catch a crayfish or some kind of lobster. i was still sleeping. I woke up hungry and started to make instant noodles in the morning. Since the water was running out i tried to get coconuts from the tree but it was too high to climb.

Eat breakfast by the side of the beach, took a swim and head to the next beach walking. hiking up a hill to get to a virgin beach we run out of water. I ask a old lady planting peanuts if you could have a drink of water she said yes. She stop planting peanuts and show us to here shed. there was an old kettle and on the roof there was cassava hanging to dry. Since there was no water she had to do to the nearest water spring which is 400 meter walk and boiled the water. IT was like 10 am in the morning and very hot beside the beach. she also picked off the roof the hanging cassava and burnt it on the fire.

She was really kind to help us because we was getting thirsty and dehydrated. we gave he Rp 10.000,- for a bottle of boiled water. and yes it was boiled water in dry hot place. sweating!

After walking about 45 mins we reached the next beach an isolated beach the east of Wedi Ombo.