Old 03-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #31
stagecoach OP
Gear Head

Oddometer: 206
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilsbury View Post
Hi Stagecoach,

I am seriously considering the purchase of the Held Cardona jacket shown in these pictures. Can you provide some advice on this jacket compared to other gore tex pro shell jackets in terms of its performance, comfort, quality etc???

Regards
Hi Pilsbury,

I'll start by saying that the quality of all three of these suits is outstanding. I would put it on par with much of the Rukka line for choice and quality of materials, the level of foresight that went into the design, and the actual execution and manufacture of the garment. I'm excited about this gear and want to get the word out. Despite Held's strong reputation as a glove maker, their garments are very rarely seen here in the States. I would classify the Cardona jacket as an Ultra-Premium piece of gear, and as such it is a comparative bargain when judged against equal offerings from Rukka, Rev 'It, or Klīm (slightly different market).
The performance of the Gore Pro Shell material is proven, and carries the Gauranteed to Keep You Dry rating from Gore (their highest level rating). The extensive use of SuperFabric on the sleeves gives you outstanding abrasion resistance. If you aren't familiar with SuperFabric, it's the epoxy resin dotted fabric that was designed for U. S. Special Forces as a light weight, flexible protective layer (check Wikipedia, it's interesting). The exterior shell is treated with an IR ray resistant coating Cool Sustem which reduces solar heat absorption by 30%. I had a Cardona jacket at a rally last September, and it was very noticeably cooler to the touch than all of the other jackets I was showing. That Cool System is important because venting is not as extensive on this jacket as their other offerings. In the warmer months the storm flap inside the front zipper folds back, and you use a second zipper to create an inch and a half wide mesh strip down the front to let in a good deal of air. I would say that past the mid 80's you will be getting warm in this jacket.
The interior is very comfortable, either with the liner in or out - there is a soft mesh layer inside the shell.

Thanks for your interest, and let me know if I can answer any other specific questions.

Jason, aka stagecoach
stagecoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #32
KTM Carioca
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Hi there,

As per my other post on this topic, I have just bought the Cardona jacket and paired it with the carese trousers, as I like the mix and match look.

i just found out, the trousers have no thermal liner which is amazing considerig they cost gbp400.

I ride all year on my London commute (UK). I bought them mail order. Considering returning them for Revits ...

Will they be warm enough for motorway cruising at -2/3 (and thats before windchill)?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
KTM Carioca is offline   Reply With Quote