User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2015, 12:44 PM   #1
oldmansurfing OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Rocky mountain atv

Have always had quick shipping and great customer service when issues have come up from RockyMountain ATV (RATV). Ordered several items over the weekend with vendor arrival date 3 days later on a Wednesday. Normally not a big deal if it is a day or two late but had a ride scheduled and needed shims to adjust two valves and armor to head out. Would have expedited if thought would be an issue. Contacted RATV next day (after due date) via live chat and email and response was the same: We are within the 3 day business day window. Huh? What about we are sorry it is late blah blah blah. Anyone else experience delays and less than "customer service" responses? Thinking about doing business with other vendors if this is the new norm from RATV.

What say youl?
Old 03-12-2015, 01:25 PM   #2
sarathmenon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 993
Let me understand this. You ordered something that arrived in 3 business days with normal shipping. You had the option of expedited shipping at checkout but chose to opt for free shipping. When you realized that they were not going to overnight it, you called them after it left their warehouse to check the status. And they responded that it should arrive in 3 business days because they can't change the shipping method once UPS has it. Did I get anything wrong here?

I have always been happy with RMATV so far. Fast shipping, good customer service, and never a bad product. Your expectations were unrealistic based on what you say. You should shop local if you are in a time crunch - that's a no brainer.
sarathmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 01:35 PM   #3
RMScott
RMATV/MC Team

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansurfing View Post
Have always had quick shipping and great customer service when issues have come up from RockyMountain ATV (RATV). Ordered several items over the weekend with vendor arrival date 3 days later on a Wednesday. Normally not a big deal if it is a day or two late but had a ride scheduled and needed shims to adjust two valves and armor to head out. Would have expedited if thought would be an issue. Contacted RATV next day (after due date) via live chat and email and response was the same: We are within the 3 day business day window. Huh? What about we are sorry it is late blah blah blah. Anyone else experience delays and less than "customer service" responses? Thinking about doing business with other vendors if this is the new norm from RATV.

What say youl?
Oldmansurfing,

Hey, I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us... which you should NEVER have. I went in and gave the LIVE CHAT guys a quick customer service training. Hopefully, no one else will have your same experience. So, hopefully there will be some good with the bad. Anyhow, I want you to restore your confidence in us so if you PM me your name and address, I'd like to make this right.

Hopefully you will give us a second chance.

Best regards,

RMScott
RMScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:06 PM   #4
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 2,401
I have used RMATV as my primary source for parts and supplies for almost 10 years now. Last year I bought a new KTM 1190R and left it in North Carolina with plans to fly up in 2 months, load up and spend a couple weeks riding, then ride back to Florida. In the interim I shipped all my camping supplies and riding gear to NC, and started shopping for some SW Motech racks to mount my Wolfman bags to the 1190. Decided to do business with a local shop in NC and ordered the racks, and a few other items. A few weeks later the shop invoiced me as all of the parts had arrived. I mailed my check and then called and verified that they had my entire order, going over each item to make sure. When the day came, I flew to NC with nothing but my tank bag, got a ride from the airport to the shop to pick up my parts only to be handed a small box that obviously did not contain racks for the bike. The racks are "on back order" is what I was told by the same person who assured me weeks before that everything had arrived and was waiting for me. I was beyond frustrated, how was I going to carry all of my gear for 2 weeks of camping and a trip back to Florida?

This was late on a Friday, I got a ride to my home in western NC and the next morning, Saturday, I got on the phone and the internet looking for any rack that I could mount to my new bike. I literally called every company that normally carried parts like that. Everybody was out of stock, with weeks to wait for new ones. While I'm looking at the PC, I see a new email from RMATV. I went to their website without much hope that they carried anything that I could use. To my surprise, they listed a set of the SW Motech racks for my bike in stock. Even more surprising a young man named Garrett answered the phone on a Saturday morning, verified that they had one set left in stock, told me shipping was free but offered an upgrade to airmail for a few bucks more. I couldn't believe it. My lucky day! So I ordered the racks on Saturday and they arrived on Tuesday and all was well with my world. My trip went on without a hitch.

So, not trying to hijack OP's thread, but I just have to say that of all the online motorcycle companies I've ever dealt with, RMATV is the best and will always be my "go to" source for anything moto. Thanks!

PMR
PineyMountainRacing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:08 PM   #5
BrainBender
Bounty Hunter

Oddometer: 436
Thumb

+1. I've been buying from RMATV for the last 4 or 5 years and have had nothing but great luck with them.
1997 Honda Gold Wing SE
plus a few other dirt bikes and quads
BrainBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:12 PM   #6
oldmansurfing OP
Adventurer

Re-read post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathmenon View Post
Let me understand this. You ordered something that arrived in 3 business days with normal shipping. You had the option of expedited shipping at checkout but chose to opt for free shipping. When you realized that they were not going to overnight it, you called them after it left their warehouse to check the status. And they responded that it should arrive in 3 business days because they can't change the shipping method once UPS has it. Did I get anything wrong here?

I have always been happy with RMATV so far. Fast shipping, good customer service, and never a bad product. Your expectations were unrealistic based on what you say. You should shop local if you are in a time crunch - that's a no brainer.
Yep you are not understanding ... I will write it off to my post being difficult to follow. Tracking said X day and arrived Y day. I am unrealistic, I guess, when I expect that someone or something says they will do something/or deliver on a specifiy day it will occur. If not, it is usually followed by an explanation and a bit of contrition. I started out the post by saying I have had good experiences in the past. Just trying to see if it was a trend or a "one of" situaton which I can live with. Thanks for your input though!
Old 03-12-2015, 06:36 PM   #7
mceee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
I've alway's had good luck with them oldman. That's not to say that every order is going to go as I wish it would, but out of every company that I deal with they have alway's went above and beyond when the other companies won't!
mceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:48 PM   #8
sarathmenon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansurfing View Post
Yep you are not understanding ... I will write it off to my post being difficult to follow. Tracking said X day and arrived Y day. I am unrealistic, I guess, when I expect that someone or something says they will do something/or deliver on a specifiy day it will occur. If not, it is usually followed by an explanation and a bit of contrition. I started out the post by saying I have had good experiences in the past. Just trying to see if it was a trend or a "one of" situaton which I can live with. Thanks for your input though!
I agree, this makes it clearer. Was the tracking estimate provided by the shipping company, and were they the people that screwed up? if so, it's somewhat unfair to blame rocky mountain.
sarathmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:48 PM   #9
oldmansurfing OP
Adventurer

RATV Stepped Up

RATV stepped up with details and explanations that made sense. Responses to original post indicate experiences continue to be good to excellent with RATV. Thanks for the responses.

Keith
Old 03-13-2015, 11:40 AM   #10
catalina38
Contrarian

Oddometer: 1,634
They do a great job with fast shipping, great pricing and carry the right stuff.
They get a lot of my money because of it.

KTM 990R 500EXC
catalina38 is offline   Reply With Quote