User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #16
pieceofart
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I have issues with my XR350

I bought it on e-bay, and just got it here, It was expressed in the advert that it just needed the idler gear for the kick start. upon further investigation, it needs the counterbalance shaft complete and I imagine that you have to fully split the cas to replace this shaft. no big deal just big money in parts, and even if I can find the correct shaft is questionable. I really love the color scheme, and supermotard look on that black and blue bike, If i have to pull the engine, I think that is what i am gonna do, it looks fantastic, I need to access a new rear spring, and re-build the front forks alltogether, time has taken its toll on this one i bought. Any advise on replacing that shaft would be great.thank you.
pieceofart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:47 AM   #17
tommyvdv OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
ghost mutant might be able to answer some questions. He sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

Send me a pic of the bike or a link to the rebuilding thread when you start/finish :)

I did not buy this xr in the end. But it does look fantastic in black and blue.
tommyvdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #18
cynicwanderer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
Anyone have any experience with currently available suspension improvements/options for the XR350. I know XRSOnly sells progressive fork and shocks springs. Is there any suspension shop who will still work on the forks/shocks ? Are there cartridge emulators available ? At the minimum, I'm looking for some higher spring rate springs for the forks and rear, since my weight is probably a bit over what the stock setup was tuned for. How hard is it to graft on more modern forks/shocks from other bikes ? what works well ? Other than the sag/spring rate, I actually don't have any specific complaints on the stock suspension.
cynicwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #19
cynicwanderer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
I guess I never followed up to this post. since then, I have ridden several Enduros with the bike. a few with the stock suspension, and then upgraded to a xr400r front end. I used xr500r triple to bring the fork size up to 43mm, which will fit a variety of front forks. I briefly had some xrl front forks on it, which work well too. probably, the best would be to install a '91 front fork from a xr600r, which is cartridge and 43mm and would use the same wheel as the xr350r. it's a little long, so you would have to leave about 1" or more out on top. haven't done anything to the rear shock, other than preload and adjusting compression/rebound dampening. I might have it rebuilt/recharged to freshen it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicwanderer View Post
Anyone have any experience with currently available suspension improvements/options for the XR350. I know XRSOnly sells progressive fork and shocks springs. Is there any suspension shop who will still work on the forks/shocks ? Are there cartridge emulators available ? At the minimum, I'm looking for some higher spring rate springs for the forks and rear, since my weight is probably a bit over what the stock setup was tuned for. How hard is it to graft on more modern forks/shocks from other bikes ? what works well ? Other than the sag/spring rate, I actually don't have any specific complaints on the stock suspension.
cynicwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote