ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #31
mattomoto
2 wheels rule

Oddometer: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylsmkj View Post
Now you Matto are a great representative of a super fun sport.

Thanks man. I do love the sport. 6 years with this team and love it. We have such a fun group of racers. They all ride moto's too- dirt, street, whatever. It's all 2 wheel fun right?

Every sport has a few bad apples right? I certainly run into them time to time, but I can say with certainty, they are usually not the pro's. Probably some lowly amateur with an ego. I would say the shorts deal does not really apply unless he/she is a roadie on an mtb . One of the funniest/best dudes I know (and can probably out drink any of us and still party) was also the fastest XC man on the planet last year. Yes, he wears a tight, all white with a big rainbow across his chest uniform too (rainbow stripes designates you are the World Champ)! He is the 2010 World Champion, Jose Hermida from Spain. The tight shorts/jersey have their place, only on the bike- not off .

Oh, and one of my co-workers: she looks ok in the tight stuff

Old 09-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #32
mylsmkj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattomoto View Post
Thanks man. I do love the sport. 6 years with this team and love it. We have such a fun group of racers. They all ride moto's too- dirt, street, whatever. It's all 2 wheel fun right?

Every sport has a few bad apples right? I certainly run into them time to time, but I can say with certainty, they are usually not the pro's. Probably some lowly amateur with an ego. I would say the shorts deal does not really apply unless he/she is a roadie on an mtb . One of the funniest/best dudes I know (and can probably out drink any of us and still party) was also the fastest XC man on the planet last year. Yes, he wears a tight, all white with a big rainbow across his chest uniform too (rainbow stripes designates you are the World Champ)! He is the 2010 World Champion, Jose Hermida from Spain. The tight shorts/jersey have their place, only on the bike- not off .

Oh, and one of my co-workers: she looks ok in the tight stuff

XC racing is a different story. You'd put yourself at a huge disadvantage to have any extra wind resistance. Pretty funny the World Champion designator, organisers jealous of how fast someone can be were sitting around drinking beer, thinking how can we knock this superhuman down a notch....."I've got it a rainbow!"

I'm 100% in support of super fit females in tight attire.

You are right about the attitude, mostly they are around my ability, which isn't saying much!

Cool job, enjoy it!
mylsmkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:23 AM   #33
Zak Smith

Oddometer: 507
The old bike with updates

The new bike

Just have to find time to ride a bit more.

As a reward for getting in shape I might buy a new bike next year. Thinking SB95..
Old 09-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #34
simple
noob this

Oddometer: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylsmkj View Post
I was complaining to one of the fastest guys in Moab (1 hr. 40 min. for the Whole Enchilada) about some mtn. bikers attitudes and telling him how I love mtb but can't stand some of the riders attitudes he said "In general, you can tell someones attitude by the tightness of their shorts". I bet the dude below wears spandex, maybe even a singlet. And that constant rotation of bicycles better be one brand associated with a contract, but I know it's not because such a low revenue industry can't have their riders being overly arrogant publicly.
Now you Matto are a great representative of a super fun sport.
What? It was a joke asshat. Some people on here actually know me, I forget that other people can take it wrong, sorry.

I know of that guy in Moab, I am surprised he is that ignorant. Don't judge a book by it's cover. Stop complaining about mtn biker attitudes and go ride. Baggy shorts or lycra doesn't matter if you have a bad attitude. Sorry if I offended you, but yeah now I want to rip your legs off (not literally but in the Type A biker style). I actually am an ambassador for the sport, but no I don't get paid to do it like Matt Opperman does. Props to him, my buddy Nat speaks highly of him.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #35
simple
noob this

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattomoto View Post
Probably some lowly amateur with an ego.
We'll have to have a beer at the next cross race.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #36
ride919
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Thursday night rides

For anyone interested, we have a group of about 20 guys who ride JeffCo trails every Thursday night, next week is Mt. Falcon. Show up at 6pm, bring your lights and some beers/food for a parking lot bbq after the ride. PM me if you need more details, otherwise show up on the schedule below

We rotate through rides weekly:
- Mt. Falcon
- Deer Creek
- White Ranch
- Chimney Gultch
- Apex**
- Dakota Ridge / Mathew Winters
- Lair o' the bear

**based on Odd/Even schedule this one may get moved.
ride919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #37
Gbischoff
n00b

Oddometer: 6
MTB DH Racers?

Does any one else on here race DH? I'll be racing the 12-hour events in Telluride and Angel Fire in the next few weeks. Any other ADVers going

Gary
Gbischoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #38
thump_co
..ouch

Oddometer: 2,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride919 View Post
For anyone interested, we have a group of about 20 guys who ride JeffCo trails every Thursday night, next week is Mt. Falcon. Show up at 6pm, bring your lights and some beers/food for a parking lot bbq after the ride. PM me if you need more details, otherwise show up on the schedule below
You referring to the TITs ride?
thump_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #39
simple
noob this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak Smith View Post
The old bike with updates

69er! Love it! Now make it a singlespeed. :)
Old 09-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #40
FatChance
Road Captain

Oddometer: 10,209
Oh, here is what a REAL Yeti 575 looks like!

I bought the 2005 vintage frame last year and did a basic SRAM X9 build. Love the originals!

Also: Matt, thanks for the picture of Emily!

- Calculated risk or forbidden fruit?

FatChance screwed with this post 09-23-2011 at 06:39 PM
FatChance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #41
thump_co
..ouch

Oddometer: 2,064
Damn Yeti's are taking over.. I went back to SpecialEd for my trail bike this year.

Name:  web_P1050002.JPG
Views: 491
Size:  181.5 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbischoff View Post
Does any one else on here race DH? I'll be racing the 12-hour events in Telluride and Angel Fire in the next few weeks. Any other ADVers going
I haven't been this year.. have a couple buddies heading down for AF, but they haven't experienced the dark side with motorized bikes yet.

thump_co screwed with this post 09-23-2011 at 03:16 PM
thump_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #42
Zak Smith

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
69er! Love it! Now make it a singlespeed. :)
The Barracuda is a better bike with the 29er front end than it ever was with the old rigid front or the Manitou 4 I used to run. Much lighter too.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:52 PM   #43
oio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 498
Rebecca Rusch's moto support vehicle. Rebecca won the woman's division of the Leadville 100 MTB race the past two years.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #44
pfb
Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer: 5,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
Oh, here is what a real Yeti 575 looks like!
I bought the 2005 vintage frame last year and did a basic SRAM X9 build. Love the originals!
More Yeti love!

I have an original-style 575 in raw (silver), and picked up the newer hydro-formed tube style for my wife... They definitely ride a bit different, but I enjoy them both!

2010 in Team colors

2006 in Raw

Test rode a SB-66 (26" wheels, 6" travel) earlier this year... SWEET! They evidently are also introducing a SB-95 (29" wheels, 5" travel) which should be awesome for the 29'er fans...

SB-66:

SB-95
Old 09-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #45
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by thump_co View Post
Damn Yeti's are taking over.. I went back to SpecialEd for my trail bike this year.

Attachment 290397

I haven't been this year.. have a couple buddies heading down for AF, but they haven't experienced the dark side with motorized bikes yet.
Please forgive the n00b question but what is the cable going up the seat post for?
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote