Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
WeazyBuddha OP
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,317
Barber Vintage Days Oct 7-9, 2011

Barber Vintage Days 2011

I may go to this. I hear the Motus guy will be there, hopefully with the bike.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
slime
Healing nicely

Oddometer: 407
Me too. I went the first year and last year. It's always a blast. Our vintage club ( http://www.timewarpvmc.org/ ) has a large group show up and a few even race. It keeps getting bigger each year and I'm told it rivals Mid-Ohio. Great facility, plenty of parts and races to watch. Last year they even had the old "Wall of death" show. Awesome stuff!
http://www.timewarpvmc.org/ National #102

Life's a journey, not a destination!
"Another two hours of this play, somebody shoot me"
Abraham Lincoln
slime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
Dr_RickyP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
I live here in Leeds, AL. My office is about 1/4 mile from Barber. Holler at me if yall r gonna head this way. I'll tell ya the best spots to eat.
Dr_RickyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:30 AM   #4
rusty44
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 339
my wife and I will be there!!!!

I have such a great time looking at the race bikes and talking to the racers i haven't gone to the Museum yet.

I'll have to go there sometime just to see the museum.

I was surprised that most of the race teams are just one or two man operations.

The sidecar monkeys are almost all girls,very brave girls

My wife loves it (ultra clean restrooms and showers don't hurt) and is making me go back this year......Al
rusty44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:47 AM   #5
Zammy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
We'll be there .
Zammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:01 AM   #6
Moto-Kafe
Gnarly Entre-manure

Oddometer: 467
I'll be there with Zammy and a bunch of ZRXOA guys in the Swap Meet Area. I'm local and get to sleep in my own bed at nights that weekend!! Bator Auctions has combined with www.auctionsamerica.com to host the Vintage Bike Auction on saturday. The Wall of Death will be there again.........as will the Air Show during the lunch breaks on Sat + Sunday. There are some new "Club Zones" going on this year where a certain "marque" or manufacturer (or bike club) has a reserved parking area to display their bikes.............along with the usual VJMC display, and hopefully more Manufacturer Demo Rides (triumph and Ducati has been there in the past).
Moto-Kafe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:34 PM   #7
motorcyclefanatic
The name says it all

Oddometer: 721
This is such a great event. Been every year, this year taking my wife,(hope to have a good time anyway). I usually make it to the AMA races in the spring as well.

Actually this will be her second time. Last time we camped, but the bathrooms are too far away for her, and it rained. I understand though, women have it rough. This year we're staying downtown in the 5-points area. Lots of great places to party, and you can walk home.

The roads around there are great. Shame that 29 Dreams closed down though. The ride to Cheaha over Logan-Martin Dam is wonderful, and the restaurant up there puts on a fantastic buffet. Motorcycle Classics usually sponsors a ride with some good local twisties. I was born just south of there in Sylacauga, so this is like old home week to me.

We are VJMC members and always participate in the show, hell, they give us free tickets for the weekend for doing it. This year we're taking a couple of bikes I bought from the forum, a 1989 VTR250, and a 1985 GPz550.

Be sure and stop by the VJMC show on Saturday and vote for your favorite bike in the show, it's people's choice. And Saturday morning we put on a pancake breakfast for $5, proceeds to the Make-a-Wish foundation.

Can you tell I'm excited? Cya there!
Old 09-30-2011, 02:49 PM   #8
Opiy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
I was thinking about going to check it out. It would be my first time going. If I read it right you have to pay to enter and pay more to go to the museum? That kinda sucks but I guess I am cheap If I go I will be riding my bike up there and staying in a hotel. A 4 hour + trip from Mobile.

I would like to go eat at J Clydes in downtown since I have never been there either and I hear they have an excellent beer menu.

What is this "Wall of Death"??

How is motorcycle parking at the event?
Opiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:50 PM   #9
NJjeff
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiy View Post
I was thinking about going to check it out. It would be my first time going. If I read it right you have to pay to enter and pay more to go to the museum? That kinda sucks but I guess I am cheap If I go I will be riding my bike up there and staying in a hotel. A 4 hour + trip from Mobile.

I would like to go eat at J Clydes in downtown since I have never been there either and I hear they have an excellent beer menu.

What is this "Wall of Death"??

How is motorcycle parking at the event?
Motorcycle parking: TONS around, not and issue.

Barber is an AMAZING track. The facilities are top notch. Yes the museum is extra but you will see why when you go. Well worth a few $.
NJjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:16 AM   #10
Moto-Kafe
Gnarly Entre-manure

Wall of Death is one of those old "metal bowls" (about 15' diameter) where a guy (or two, or three at one time) ride around inside of it, looping, performing stunts on bikes. There is so much going on at this event, it's hard to catch everything.......roadracing, MX racing, hare scrambles and Trials events......air show Sat & Sun, auction on Saturday, plus bike shows galore sprinkled around the track perimeter. There are "shuttles" that run around the perimeter road at all times so you can park in one spot and ride to your destination, no charge of coarse. Old George even has "an inflatable church" set up if anyone wants some quiet time (well, to an extent!!) with their maker. The place is manicured like a Country Club. Expect to spend 2-3 hours in the museum....all 5 floors of it!! see ya there!!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #11
Hightster
n00b

Oddometer: 2
want company from Texas to Barber

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeazyBuddha View Post
Barber Vintage Days 2011

I may go to this. I hear the Motus guy will be there, hopefully with the bike.

Where are you coming from in Texas? I have an extra ticket and am pulling a toyhauler with my old harley but have room in the pickup. Leaving from Houston
Hightster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #12
WeazyBuddha OP
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightster View Post
Where are you coming from in Texas? I have an extra ticket and am pulling a toyhauler with my old harley but have room in the pickup. Leaving from Houston
Thanks for the offer but I've had to bail on my two buddies due to conflict with needed MRI and doc appointment. I'm in the Rio Grande Valley. Pancho (many know him from his motodiscovery tours guiding into Mexico) and Rod Sims are heading out tomorrow at 5am. Here is a link Pancho started.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #13
Skowinski
Chordate

Oddometer: 4,834
Ahhh, this kills me. I'd love to be there. I have a friend here in Las Vegas, who is a pilot and has a Beechcraft Baron. He is leaving Thursday morning to fly over for this event. I could go with him - But.... I have to work.

"Nature never hurries, yet everything is accomplished."
- Lao Tsu

In memory of Nika: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990697
Skowinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #14
custmmc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 347
Motus has a Bike Night scheduled in downtown Birmingham Oct 8th.

Antique car show in downtown Leeds.

Amazing who you will meet and what you will see. I was at the Swap Meet last year when Dave Aldana came walking past. Very nice guy!

If you decide to do some riding in the area, you might find something you like on the CATOR posting.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504059
custmmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:21 AM   #15
Moto-Kafe
Gnarly Entre-manure

Quote:
Originally Posted by custmmc View Post
Amazing who you will meet ............
I spoke to that guy from "Two Guys Garage" (I think is the name of the show??) last year in the swap meet area. He's the one with the little Go-tee......makes all the funny faces. Kool guy as well.....friendly and personable!!!!