Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #46
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdream View Post
So here the story goes:

Then they asked me to follow. We drove about 10 minutes. We got out of town and were driving somewhere between trees. I thought "nice. 10 minutes abroad and I get raped by 3 guys, fucked in the ass and get robbed afterwords" (order may vary). Everybody told me - but I did not listen. I thought I knew it better than everybody else.

But suddenly we came to a Hotels which looked like a prison, but it actually was a hotel and I got a room for the night.

What a first day

pictures to follow ;-)
My "Adventures" are looking a little weak..

This is great stuff, the video is awesome! I hope he comes back?

I'm in..
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #47
Canuman
Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer: 4,324
We could ping him at the Austrian site and let him know he had a following. Anyone's German less rusty than mine? (Haven't used for about 24 years.)

Dual Sport Luggage Racks for: DRZ-S, SM and E, DR 650 and KLR650: http://www.moto-racks.com
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #48
pprO.R.A.
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
One of those cool RUSSIAN ADV. R.R.'s

I love this stuff.

SUBSCRIBED !
Old 12-23-2011, 01:38 AM   #49
neighbor's goat
Just call me "Goatie"

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman View Post
Did you see his Transylvania piece? My nomination for best short MC video ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM4xH5oLI8Y

It's that video that made me follow this topic, so we want more of the Magadan trip!
neighbor's goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #50
Steveman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
last xdream post.... 9/28

last xdream longin.... 9/28

Think he disappeared folks
Dont worry, he's well (I met him on 16 December 2011) but was VERY busy and he has already been informed that you guys are waiting and I promise its worth to wait. I know the whole story and RR already and had the chance to be present at a "Xdream goes Magadan lecture" which was PHENOMENAL.

Merry X-mas!

Steve
Steveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:14 AM   #51
Monsieur
Varadero Journeyman

Oddometer: 214
Excellent
Monsieur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #52
2WheelieADV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Wonder what happened to him...
2WheelieADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:34 PM   #53
spektakl
Mongol Rallyer 2010

Oddometer: 15
We want more!
No, we NEED more! ;)
spektakl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #54
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,333
Thanks Steve! Glad to know he may come back and honor us with the rest of his trip! I love a good Russian RR!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveman View Post
Dont worry, he's well (I met him on 16 December 2011) but was VERY busy and he has already been informed that you guys are waiting and I promise its worth to wait. I know the whole story and RR already and had the chance to be present at a "Xdream goes Magadan lecture" which was PHENOMENAL.

Merry X-mas!

Steve
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #55
Xdream OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
wow did not expect that much interest. Sorry I did not continue with my story so far. And thanks Steve for letting the community know that I am still there.

I was superbusy the last few month. Sorry about that, but I was busy at work. On the other hand, I get very very rich now and can afford a support crew for next trip. Just like the one RTWDoug had on his trip. The so called invisible support crew.

Sorry again for letting you wait.

Letīs continue with the boring part of the story:

Itīs my third day from home and I had a good rest in a very nice room. Breakfast was served to the room. (not because it was so luxurious, more because of the fact that there was no restaurant at the hotel). At 8:30 I had packed all my bags and was ready to go.

The hotel I stayed in, was within a shopping complex. To get to the parking lot, I had to walk about 10 minutes through the whole shopping center. It was sunday that day and everything was closed. So instead of taking the elevator, I had to take the stairs. And instead of walking the "short" way throug the mall, I had to walk around. But all the doors were closed, so I did not find a way out. I found a way through the mall, but could not get into the garage. Well, all this with all my motorcycle cloth on and a 25 kg bag on my shoulder. I was sweating and wet allover (and I also had to pee) until I finally found a way to my motorcycle. Unfortunately the way out of the garage was closed too, so I had to lay the bike down and push and drag it under the bounds. (is it called that way?)

What a start into the day.

The original plan was to leave Moscow as fast as possible and just get away from the city, as everybody told me, that driving into the city is really dangorous. I was in front of my scedule and the roads looked empty this Sunday morning, so I decided to take a short ride into the center and have a look at the famous sights. It was a very good choice. I really enjoyed the Basilika and other buidlings.

I took one of the 5-lane roads out of town and the riding was crazy. A bus in front of me looked really funny going straight but somehow sideways.

Short excursion to russian traffic laws: Lection one - pedestrian crossings.
On russian roads within the city limits you are allowed to go around 50 km/h, (or 40 or whatever) Actually everybody is going around 80 to 100. On the Highways you can go between 90 and 110. Even on a 3-lane Highway, there are pedestrain crossings. If a person appears on such a crossing, normally nobody cares and everybody blazes by. I always was kind of unsure what to do. In Austria we stop, if somebody wants to cross a street at a pedestrian crossing. To cross Highways we donīt have those crossings, we prefer to use bridges or a pedestrian underpass. A few month before I started my trip there was a new law in russia. (I learned a few days after). You have to stop at pedestrian crossings. The fun thing is - still nobody cares! Hold on, thats not right. Some care.

Imagine appoaching a pedestrian crossing with 80-100 km/h within a autocade driving the same speed on a 4 lane road. Suddenly one driver hits the brake to let the pedestrian pass. You are right behind that car. Youīr eyes pop out and only the screen of your helmet prevent them to fall out. You hit the brake as hard as you can and try to avoid to hit that car in front of you. Not that you really look into your rear view mirror at that stage, but still you see this big, rusty bus, that is going sideways getting bigger and bigger in your mirror, finally passing you with still about 50 km/h of speed just a few cm to your left. In Austria we would say "Um ein Schamhaar" what means, not a pube would have fit in between (if google translator is right)

Anybody understands why I donīt like russian pedestrian crossings anymore?

Got out of town short after 11 am heading east.

to be continued.... promise

Xdream screwed with this post 01-05-2012 at 07:30 AM
Xdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #56
beemerkid
Do you ADV

Oddometer: 683
Loving it!
beemerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #57
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,333
YES!!!!!!!

Thanks for coming back and filling us in!
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #58
gnuse
Ride to Fly

Oddometer: 271
Glad you have returned to share this RR.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #59
bend27
by hook or by crook

Oddometer: 1,153
bend27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #60
DerGraf
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Thanks a lot

Hi Xdream.
great pictures, videos and report! Thanks a lot for sharing it!
DerGraf is offline   Reply With Quote