User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #4126
Honesty
n00b

Oddometer: 9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ampp...0981B98726601A

City Bike Shootout! BMW C600 Sport vs Honda NC700X vs Kawasaki Versys - On Two Wheels Episode 26

Pretty good little review/comparison. I'd take the NC700 tbh.
Honesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #4127
Mike Cash
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honesty View Post

City Bike Shootout! BMW C600 Sport vs Honda NC700X vs Kawasaki Versys - On Two Wheels Episode 26

I'll take your word for it. Two minutes into the video I ran out of wet wipes for cleaning up the excess testosterone dripping out of my iPhone. Anyway, I was worried with all that weenie-wagging somebody was going to dickslap my screen and I'd get an eye put out.

Crap like that makes me glad i don't live in America anymore, sad to say.

The theme isn't "We're going to compare three bikes for city usage" but "We're going to question each other's manhood and pretend that our preferred bike makes us some sort of dominant Alpha Male in urban traffic". Grow the eff up already. You're just another insignificant schlub tooling along through town and if you have to go through all this sort of hyperbole and self-delusion to make you think otherwise, that's pretty damned sad.
Mike Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #4128
turbodieseli4i6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cash View Post
I'll take your word for it. Two minutes into the video I ran out of wet wipes for cleaning up the excess testosterone dripping out of my iPhone. Anyway, I was worried with all that weenie-wagging somebody was going to dickslap my screen and I'd get an eye put out.

The theme isn't "We're going to compare three bikes for city usage" but "We're going to question each other's manhood and pretend that our preferred bike makes us some sort of dominant Alpha Male in urban traffic". Grow the eff up already. You're just another insignificant schlub tooling along through town and if you have to go through all this sort of hyperbole and self-delusion to make you think otherwise, that's pretty damned sad.
I agree with you about that Vid! Three 85 year old ladies testing the bikes, would have been a lot better
Old 02-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #4129
Mike Cash
Gnarly Adventurer

There aren't a whole lot of short videos I click out of, but two minutes was enough for me on that one.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:13 AM   #4130
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart22 View Post
Has anyone purchased the maintenance manual for the NC? If so, where and what is the general cost?
Maintenance?
On a Honda?

Is this a serious question?

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:04 AM   #4131
Mobiker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,572
Quote:

Wow

Who pissed in your Wheaties?

I linked to this video from another forum. I don't watch too many bike videos or any type of video for that matter and Motorcyclist is my least favorite bike magazine because its written for somebody a lot younger than me, but I thought this video was one of the more fun ones I've watched. They were having fun while actually doing a decent little review of the three bikes. I thought it was pretty obvious that the macho stuff was very tongue in cheek.
"If I was in a hurry, I'd left earlier."
Mobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #4132
bobobob
badbadbad

Oddometer: 4,982
Quote:
glad i don't live in America anymore, sad to say.
The feeling is mutual, not sad to say.

It is just a bunch of inner tubes Roy . . . - Cannonshot
Growing old is compulsory - growing up is optional. - Haroon
bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:53 AM   #4133
firebrick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882
Good video I thought.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:10 AM   #4134
andoulli
CAJUN

Oddometer: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobiker View Post
Wow

Who pissed in your Wheaties?

I linked to this video from another forum. I don't watch too many bike videos or any type of video for that matter and Motorcyclist is my least favorite bike magazine because its written for somebody a lot younger than me, but I thought this video was one of the more fun ones I've watched. They were having fun while actually doing a decent little review of the three bikes. I thought it was pretty obvious that the macho stuff was very tongue in cheek.
Agreed, the chest beating was all in fun, thought that was pretty obvious. The video had a fair amount of info on each model. Personally I thought the scooter held it's own reasonably well, actually amazingly well considering it's a scooter. Liked the comparo, thanks for the link.
andoulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #4135
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,614
Traded in my 07 DL1000 yesterday for a new X.Now I have 4 months to get it ready for a DeadHorse run in June ..
My new baby..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook
MY BUILD http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938440
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #4136
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honesty View Post

that was a my dick is bigger than your dick video test.
it was somewhat fun to watch.

sure you could get some info from it as to which bike was best for you but overall the tough-guy attitude made it difficult. personally not a fan of the cool tough guy persona as someone like that has hidden issues elsewhere.
sure does personify what living in so cal is like, however, everyone is cooler than thou.

if it was a city bike test, why did they not see what bike was best in the city??? that should have been labeled: what bike is fastest up the canyon.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #4137
Mike Cash
Gnarly Adventurer

Nobody pissed in my Wheaties. They don't sell Wheaties where I live.

Tongue-in-cheek or not, chest beating in fun or not, it is the kind of bullshit I find unnecessary and tiresome.

It reminded me of guys on sports talk shows who can't discuss any damned thing without sounding like they're about to throw a punch.

Yeah, you're a guy. A manly man to be admired. You dominate the urban environment and make it your bitch. We get it. You need something to make yourself believe you're not Joe Average living a drab little cookie-cutter life in a drab little cookie-cutter house with a drab little cookie-cutter family in a drab little cookie-cutter suburb in a drab little corner of nowhere, with prospects of nothing more than a few more decades of drab drab drabbiness at a drab little job before you die a drab little death and get dropped in a drab little hole in the ground marked by a drab little stone....so you spark things up by making yourself believe the acquisition of a certain piece of machinery will erase all that and make you Alexander the Great for at least as long as it takes you to ride to Starbucks.

The rest of us would just like to hear a comparison of the relative features of the machines. We want transportation, not devices to facilitate our escapist fantasies.

Mike Cash screwed with this post 02-13-2013 at 12:37 PM
Old 02-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #4138
Mobiker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,572
Quote:

Tongue-in-cheek or not, chest beating in fun or not, it is the kind of bullshit I find unnecessary and tiresome.

It reminded me of guys on sports talk shows who can't discuss any damned thing without sounding like they're about to throw a punch.

Yeah, you're a guy. A manly man to be admired. You dominate the urban environment and make it your bitch. We get it. You need something to make yourself believe you're not Joe Average living a drab little cookie-cutter life in a drab little cookie-cutter house with a drab little cookie-cutter family in a drab little cookie-cutter suburb in a drab little corner of nowhere, with prospects of nothing more than a few more decades of drab drab drabbiness at a drab little job before you die a drab little death and get dropped in a drab little hole in the ground marked by a drab little stone....so you spark things up by making yourself believe the acquisition of a certain piece of machinery will erase all that and make you Alexander the Great for at least as long as it takes you to ride to Starbucks.

The rest of us would just like to hear a comparison of the relative features of the machines.
That's exactly how you sound with this post

If anything the guys in the video were making fun of people who dis scooters and only ride "real motorcycles" Too subtle for ya eh?

I'll leave you to your anger filled world now. Stay in the wind brother.
"If I was in a hurry, I'd left earlier."
Mobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #4139
Mike Cash
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm as placid as a clam, cousin. Did I step on your drab little toes?
Old 02-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #4140
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,069
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobiker View Post
That's exactly how you sound with this post

If anything the guys in the video were making fun of people who dis scooters and only ride "real motorcycles" Too subtle for ya eh?

I'll leave you to your anger filled world now. Stay in the wind brother.
You guys sound like that video.

Yes they were sending up the macho thing but it was getting in the way a bit. Just a bit too over the top. I like the mag though generally.

Anyway back to my drab little life ..bitches Yo!

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote