Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 05:36 AM   #136
woodly1069
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,625
Most excellent ride report guys! Thanks for taking the time to finish it up! As always, fantastic pictures and a great adventure! I have one question and that is about fuel; were you always able to find enough to use? My 950 Adventure used A LOT of fuel, only 32 MPG some times if I was having fun! Can't wait for another trip!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #137
Dickyb
Bewildered Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,038
Excellent RR Thank you very much. I will be in Georgia this summer and this RR has been very useful to me for planning purposes

Cheers,

Dickyb
Dickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #138
randel OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodly1069 View Post
Most excellent ride report guys! Thanks for taking the time to finish it up! As always, fantastic pictures and a great adventure! I have one question and that is about fuel; were you always able to find enough to use? My 950 Adventure used A LOT of fuel, only 32 MPG some times if I was having fun! Can't wait for another trip!
Thank you!
Fuel was never a problem. My SE had 200km range and though I had 10 liter jerrycans with me I rarely used them and with a little planning could have managed to complete this trip without them at all. Most critical parts are steppe area in Russia and remote mountain areas in Georgia. But even there 200km range was enough.
randel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #139
doc4216
Chronic High Fiver

Oddometer: 379
What an amazing adventure! I dream of doing a ride like this one day (with more paved roads though)! great pictures, great report, great story!! Thanks for sharing and look forward to your next RR!
Old 02-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #140
Blader54
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 929
Talking Wonderful RR

randel! Epic ride and an excellent ride report!! I think you could be the next Walter C! Thanks for taking the time to write this all out for us and to post your excellent photos! Great combination of adventure and a little humor!
Blader54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:22 AM   #141
Ziune
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Absolutely amazing.
We are once again fortunate, because this year we are also planning a trip to Georgia. So Rendel's trip will be as a guiding star for us
As once we have traveled Rendel's beaten paths of the Kola peninsula, I believe, that this trip will also going to be a successful for us
Thank you Baltic brother for sharing!!
Old 11-24-2013, 04:30 AM   #142
WesleyDRZ400
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumblebee View Post
It's not the road surface smoothness that bothers me, thats one of the reasons we want to travel those lands. But I was just wondering about safety. I ask this because on the website of our belgian department of foreign affairs the following is stated about Georgia: " It is strongly discouraged that foreigners go to the following regions:
• the region around the border with the republics of the Northern Caucasus (Chechnya, Dagestan, North Ossetia) and the valley of Pankissi above Akhmeta
• the separatist regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, including the area near the demarcation line between Georgia and these two areas." I think its just bollocks then?
I rode up to the Pankissi valley and to small villages, they are mainly Chechen's there who crossed over during the previous conflicts and the village i went to no one spoke english or russian (I can only say alittle russian and have my book which i have written words that helps alot) but only Chechen.

I would not say it felt unsafe people were friendly although alittle confused in the small village i was in and with hand signals gave me directions however i dont think they get guest so much as Omalo or Mestia does so probably understandable why they where confused to me being there.....

Great ride report and i wish i took abetter camera as your pictures are very good, i also went to most the places you visted so always good looking at these photos, makes me think it was yesterday and not a few months ago..
WesleyDRZ400 is offline   Reply With Quote