Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2011, 12:13 PM   #166
Casejeep OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
Headers on this bike are a waste of money. The only savings you get is removing the CAT. You can do that by finding anyone at a good motorcycle shop that can weld and cut the CAT off and put in a straight pipe.

The cat on these bikes doesn't weight much and is pretty efficient. Just get a new can and call it good.

I have the Leo Vince and am VERY happy with it.
What leo do you have? im thinking of getting the new Carbon.
Casejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:55 PM   #167
Buster714
instant human

Oddometer: 552
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casejeep View Post
I only have 1700 miles on the bike, my buddies bike is a couple months older than mine and still that nice golden color.

im probably going to get headers from Remus, since the company that is sponsoring my build carries them.
Wow, I passed you up big time on the mileage (finally).

And we carry Remus, Arrow, Leo Vince, Akrapovic, etc etc... and you don't need to be *cough* sponsored.

You can just ask me.
Buster714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:32 PM   #168
Casejeep OP
Studly Adventurer

I got a Fender pack for Xmas, but once i put it on, the fender had way to much wobble in it. Since i only attached it with the 2 stock points, i needed to add another spot.

So i put a bolt though the stock point of where the horn is mounted. and drilled a hole in the fender.

With that other mounting point it is now very solid.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:33 PM   #169
Casejeep OP
Studly Adventurer

This is my bike tool kit. it has everything i need. i have all of my tire changing tools in the fender pack.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:50 PM   #170
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,989
Quote:
This is my bike tool kit. it has everything i need. i have all of my tire changing tools in the fender pack.

care if i help you minimize some weight in that bag.....?

two needle nose pliers? really?
Old 12-31-2011, 08:29 PM   #171
Casejeep OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
care if i help you minimize some weight in that bag.....?

two needle nose pliers? really?
I dont have 2, see list bellow:

Large adjustable wrench
Small adjustable wrench
Full allen set
Linemans plier
Needle nose plier
Wire cutter
Full Torx set
Hack saw
Full screw pit set
Slip joint plier
Ratcheting wrench set
Full socket set

am i missing anything?
Old 12-31-2011, 11:52 PM   #172
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,989
Quote:
I dont have 2, see list bellow:

Large adjustable wrench
Small adjustable wrench
Full allen set
Linemans plier
Needle nose plier
Wire cutter
Full Torx set
Hack saw
Full screw pit set
Slip joint plier
Ratcheting wrench set
Full socket set

am i missing anything?
oh by the picture is looks like two
Old 01-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #173
Casejeep OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportFaller View Post
Im pretty sure im getting this for my bike! it looks bitchen and it will help with the wind.

that is one thing that i was always concerned with about long hauls was the wind buffering. but i couldnt find any screens that looked cool enough to put on my monster, and no way in living hell im spending 800+ on anything TT. this solves both my problems.

it will have to wait since i just ordered headers and muffler.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #174
thorinoakenshield
ya mo be there

Oddometer: 443
the white fairing looks hella cool!
thorinoakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:53 AM   #175
Flashback
Mommys Lil Monster

Oddometer: 3,075
Quote:
Im pretty sure im getting this for my bike! it looks bitchen and it will help with the wind.

that is one thing that i was always concerned with about long hauls was the wind buffering. but i couldnt find any screens that looked cool enough to put on my monster, and no way in living hell im spending 800+ on anything TT. this solves both my problems.

it will have to wait since i just ordered headers and muffler.
Yah but can you afford the gas...all that buffering means you've just created a lot of drag. I've been testing one on mine...lose approximately 10mpgs over a standard wind guard with an off road helmet. Over the long distance ride that can mean 39 to 43 mpg...do you really want to do that to your F8? If that's what I wanted for gas mileage I would have gotten the Triumph 800 XC instead of the F8.

Flashback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #176
Casejeep OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
Yah but can you afford the gas...all that buffering means you've just created a lot of drag. I've been testing one on mine...lose approximately 10mpgs over a standard wind guard with an off road helmet. Over the long distance ride that can mean 39 to 43 mpg...do you really want to do that to your F8? If that's what I wanted for gas mileage I would have gotten the Triumph 800 XC instead of the F8.
Ive never ridden my bike with anything but my Shoei Hornet. ive always gotten 45mpg. that being said, not sure if your being sarcastic or not.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #177
SportFaller
Dirt dont hurt, MUCH

Oddometer: 667
I had no change in mileage at all, I HIGHLY doubt the fairing will/would make any difference to you either....
SportFaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #178
Ducksbane
Quaaack!!!

Oddometer: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
My experience is the opposite ... I think the better aerodynamics will give you better fuel economy. I went on a long ...6,500 Km ride with that windscreen. I rode with up to 4 other F800GS's at times with standard screens and at the same speeds I always got the best fuel economy.

The other aerodynamic advantage was stability when passing roadtrains ... combined approach speed 220 kilometres an hour, cross wind up to 100km an hour. With the screen fully down it was pretty scary, with it fully up it was a bit worrying, but much better ... I was really surprised at the difference.

Of course I had the least noise on the highway, the best wind protection, and the best protection from cold and rain as well. The downsides ... don't think there were any ... didn't get in the way offroad because I just put the screen down, didn't bother me when it was hot because I just put the screen down.

What else can I say ...it's one of the best farkles I've ever put on a bike ... if you ride on road to any extent, or are doing big trips involving some highways you should get one!

Just out of interest I have no connection with Brittania Composites at all ... I'm just a satisfied customer, in fact I have one on my XChallenge as well, and I'm really happy with that too!
Old 01-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #179
Casejeep OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksbane View Post
My experience is the opposite ... I think the better aerodynamics will give you better fuel economy. I went on a long ...6,500 Km ride with that windscreen. I rode with up to 4 other F800GS's at times with standard screens and at the same speeds I always got the best fuel economy.

The other aerodynamic advantage was stability when passing roadtrains ... combined approach speed 220 kilometres an hour, cross wind up to 100km an hour. With the screen fully down it was pretty scary, with it fully up it was a bit worrying, but much better ... I was really surprised at the difference.

Of course I had the least noise on the highway, the best wind protection, and the best protection from cold and rain as well. The downsides ... don't think there were any ... didn't get in the way offroad because I just put the screen down, didn't bother me when it was hot because I just put the screen down.

What else can I say ...it's one of the best farkles I've ever put on a bike ... if you ride on road to any extent, or are doing big trips involving some highways you should get one!

Just out of interest I have no connection with Brittania Composites at all ... I'm just a satisfied customer, in fact I have one on my XChallenge as well, and I'm really happy with that too!
that is almost exactly what i have been thinking....
Old 01-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #180
PANZILA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
that is almost exactly what i have been thinking....

Same experience with farkle! Great off and on road!

SP
PANZILA is offline   Reply With Quote