Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2013, 01:53 AM   #3361
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Oddometer: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Cook View Post
Mt Egbert is not far from Mt Debooetic.
As far a timing goes I am flexible , any time in the last 2 weeks of October would suit me.

I don't know what there is to find, my fun is finding tracks that you dont hear about. I have found enough over the years to keep riding interesting.
Mt Egbert is near Wedderburn.
If you consider the weekend of 25-27 October I might be able to do that. I will schedule a day off on the Monday as I have to spend 4 days at Mt Macedon AEMI from 29/10.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:53 AM   #3362
James Cook
O.H.M.S

Oddometer: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsD2 View Post
If you consider the weekend of 25-27 October I might be able to do that. I will schedule a day off on the Monday as I have to spend 4 days at Mt Macedon AEMI from 29/10.
I suppose the weekends are the go for you Gags,the ride is only over night, how about the 2nd-3rd Nov perhaps 19th-20th Oct. I have a major appointment with Kym's cousin, in Portland, on the Monday 28th.

Do you remember the hill we rode up near Navarre, was up there not long ago, came in from the east,great little track.
James Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #3363
sea-bass
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
qualifying?

Hi All, Just wandering if I would be in the green triangle region, im in daylesford, just got the bug in a big way for adv riding after riding dirt bikes since I was a kid, bought a 660 tenere a few months back and since ridden it to the cape. Im keen to get out there as much as possible.
sea-bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #3364
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-bass View Post
Hi All, Just wandering if I would be in the green triangle region, im in daylesford, just got the bug in a big way for adv riding after riding dirt bikes since I was a kid, bought a 660 tenere a few months back and since ridden it to the cape. Im keen to get out there as much as possible.
Not quite the Green Triangle per se but geographical boundaries don't mean much........keep an eye on the thread for any rides we do and always welcome......other than that join in anytime to the drivel we verbalise
Old 09-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #3365
bigredroosta
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 777
new members

Quote:
SB, I've often looked at some of the sizable areas of forest around your way thinking about riding around there some day.
What's it like, flowing, reasonable 2wd/4wd roads or gnarly tight 4wd ,is much blocked off by the Dept of sparks n embers, and frequented by too many urban bullbars?
So is it DR650 friendly, or more your WR450 stuff?
bigredroosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #3366
bigredroosta
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsD2 View Post
As well as JC's mt Egbert ride (google map it) , XR & I were mentioning maybe a revisit to Dergholm/Baileys rocks again poosibly around that 26/27th weekend, or, another destination such as Pyrenees/Mt Cole/St Arnaud state forest region, to include Mt Egbert with options at Moonambel hotel, Dunolly, Avoca, Maryborough on another date.
Any thoughts..
Old 09-22-2013, 02:49 AM   #3367
sea-bass
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredroosta View Post
SB, I've often looked at some of the sizable areas of forest around your way thinking about riding around there some day.
What's it like, flowing, reasonable 2wd/4wd roads or gnarly tight 4wd ,is much blocked off by the Dept of sparks n embers, and frequented by too many urban bullbars?
So is it DR650 friendly, or more your WR450 stuff?
There is a bit of everything, particularly in the wombat & lerderderg forest/park. And given the extensive gold & logging history in the area there are plenty of landmarks to see. I ordered a Garmin 62s that I should get tuesday, I was planning on putting together a weekend loop to share with others. I ride a 660 tenere these days, so it will be aimed at its capabilities.
sea-bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:23 AM   #3368
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,600
What if we meet at the gtec block instead of baileys rock. Then we could check out wineries,moonambel pub,mt egbert ride one day.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Suzuki DRZ400 wide ratio ACT gearbox
Suzuki DL650 Glee
XRman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #3369
bigredroosta
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
There is a bit of everything, particularly in the wombat & lerderderg forest/park. And given the extensive gold & logging history in the area there are plenty of landmarks to see. I ordered a Garmin 62s that I should get tuesday, I was planning on putting together a weekend loop to share with others. I ride a 660 tenere these days, so it will be aimed at its capabilities.
I like the sound of it , I have an interest in things relating to gold history so might be plenty to see.

I downloaded a gps track for a loop thru some of that country , it's on the computer somewhere so if I can find it, I'd send it over for you to check out if its worthwhile.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #3370
bigredroosta
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRman View Post
What if we meet at the gtec block instead of baileys rock. Then we could check out wineries,moonambel pub,mt egbert ride one day.

Why not I say! if we get it happening SeaBass might hook up as well
Might change the order- Mt Egbert, Pyrenees tracks, finish on wineries/pub. It's only 10 min ride to the gtec block. Or is it the StAEC?

So for me preferably the 26th oct, weekend, but am flexible. earlier, later, no prob. Depends if it suits James Cook then, he Endeavoured to make it flexible- oct ,early Nov
(Wow, I'm on fire!)

bigredroosta screwed with this post 09-22-2013 at 08:48 PM
Old 09-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #3371
GoneAgain
Huh?

Oddometer: 1,568
Lads.. greetings from Longreach

Hey how did you guys get from merty merty to say Yunta..? Via the preplanned route ? Also, did you find a shortcut across to arkaroola..?

GoneAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #3372
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneAgain View Post
Lads.. greetings from Longreach

Hey how did you guys get from merty merty to say Yunta..? By reliable suzuki power, of course!!! Via the preplanned route ? Also, did you find a shortcut across to arkaroola..? Yes and it is a great ride. Send a PM or SMS to Mick and he will enlighten you the location of the turn off.......if you blink you will miss it!!

Good to see you mobile again. New fuel pump????

Oh and BRR/XR....probably best to speak with Capt Cook and see what his plans were, he is usually pretty good at sourcing a route. (I'm not sure about 'on fire' Wal!!)
Old 09-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #3373
James Cook
O.H.M.S

Oddometer: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredroosta;22391624

hook

[B
Endeavoured[/B]
(Wow, I'm on fire!)

There is always the comedian.
James Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #3374
Adventcha UnCut
Wannabe

Oddometer: 311
Central Vic Rides

Quote:
Apologies to the GTRs for lurkin' (but I did 20+ years in Warrnambool so I reckon I qualify) but there are a few riders up here in Central Vic. I'm based in Kyneton, Miss Jane & MTrain in Bendigo (soon to be Campbell's Creek), Dakar Dan and probably others I haven't met too. Just got the 990 back on the road and went to have lunch this afternoon in Castlemaine using as much dirt as possible (did Irishtown Tk & Fryer's Ridge Tk twice, on the the way up & back it was so much fun).

Sea-bass, send me a PM and we'll exchange numbers to organise a CV ride?

To the GTR guys, I reckon we could organise a Pyrenees/Goldfields ride very easily - Captain Cook has done some reconnoitering already with Miss Jane and we might even tempt Triple Hoe out who has excellent knowledge of the Pyrenees area .

Cheers,

Adv UNCuT
Adventcha UnCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:48 AM   #3375
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,600
Sounds good as long as he avoids camerons tk. When it is wet.
I can probably wangle the use of 50 acres plus kitchen area to camp off cactus tk.

Suzuki DRZ400 wide ratio ACT gearbox
Suzuki DL650 Glee
XRman is online now   Reply With Quote