User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2011, 03:08 AM   #91
Slowpoak
Riding the buck-shot

Oddometer: 662
Cancer council ride.

Count me in Gags, I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into but sounds like a novel way to raise funds for the cancer council. Not sure what my roster is for next year around March, but I'm sure I can swing something closer to the choosen date.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:57 AM   #92
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Oddometer: 1,274
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoak View Post
Count me in Gags, I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into but sounds like a novel way to raise funds for the cancer council. Not sure what my roster is for next year around March, but I'm sure I can swing something closer to the choosen date.
Good work slow, or is it poak?

Anyway, plenty of time yet and i have no idea on my rostering either, but we will get to that.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:23 AM   #93
Slowpoak
Riding the buck-shot

Oddometer: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsD2 View Post
Good work slow, or is it poak?

Anyway, plenty of time yet and i have no idea on my rostering either, but we will get to that.
I ride slow but don't mind having a poak around either.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #94
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

2012 Cancer ride

Just a little update on this ride, the 'new' website is up and running providing more and up-to-date information on the ride as it develops.

Link: http://motorcyclingagainstcancer.org.au/

There is a list forming for leg organisers and as previously stated, Miss Jane is organising the Central Vic to SA leg.

We are hoping to continue on from this ride into SA and do our best to link up with some Adelaide based riders or those from slightly north of the city to take on the challenge.

If there are any SE of SA riders who want to organise a ride or find out more about what is involved, please contact Bruce in the first instance. If you prefer, contact me or Miss Jane and we will try and work together to link up and make this section of the ride a huge success

Cheers

Gags

GagsD2 screwed with this post 11-06-2011 at 10:27 PM Reason: Forgot the website......DOH!!!
GagsD2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:04 AM   #95
Miss Jane
Ride like a girl

Oddometer: 1,937
Quote:
Just a little update on this ride, the 'new' website is up and running providing more and up-to-date information on the ride as it develops.

There is a list forming for leg organisers and as previously stated, Miss Jane is organising the Central Vic to SA leg.

We are hoping to continue on from this ride into SA and do our best to link up with some Adelaide based riders or those from slightly north of the city to take on the challenge.

If there are any SE of SA riders who want to organise a ride or find out more about what is involved, please contact Bruce in the first instance. If you prefer, contact me or Miss Jane and we will try and work together to link up and make this section of the ride a huge success

Cheers

Gags
This year I'll be leading Bacchus Marsh to Hamilton via Mt Cole and the Grampians, over a weekend. 9 am start in Bacchus Marsh and probably finish around 4 pm in Hamilton on the Sunday. Camping at Mt Cole on the Saturday night. 2 years ago Triplehoe provided a huge campfire and bbq dim sims, yum!

I think it will be late March, but dates are yet to be finalised.
Miss Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:11 AM   #96
huskygirl
HuskyGirl

Oddometer: 174
Thank you for spreading the word GagsD2 and co-ordinating with Miss Jane.

Tonight's updates also include's a link to contact Bruce (go to The Route and Co-ordinators page) and the other Leg Co-ordinators who have been confirmed thus far. Let me know if you want your name up there as a contact as well.

Spoke to Bruce tonight and he will be confirming the full list of co-ordinators. He expressed some concern about the SA leg, so it would be good to get something confirmed early this year and fantastic you guys are onto it. Adventcha Uncut and I are heading through SA and up to Finke in April, which is an option if need be as a Plan B or C.

Quote:

Cheers

Gags
huskygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #97
johnboyklr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
gday to all, is the ride still on to baileys rocks. would also like to meet adv riders from our local area.if any one going from mount area millicent etc.
johnboyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:17 AM   #98
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,295
Why not?

I cannot go because of my injuries, but I can't see why the ride /camp cannot go ahead. Even if only a couple of riders meet it will be a good start.
XRman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:47 AM   #99
johnboyklr
Adventurer

thanks xr man, read your report, get well soon.maybe able to do cancer ride will depend on what time it pass our way.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #100
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyklr View Post
thanks xr man, read your report, get well soon.maybe able to do cancer ride will depend on what time it pass our way.
Good to hear....keep watching this space or the Cancer ride thread for more info.......

What part of the triangle do you hail from??
Old 11-13-2011, 02:22 AM   #101
johnboyklr
Adventurer

glencoe , near mount gambier.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:17 AM   #102
bigredroosta
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyklr View Post
gday to all, is the ride still on to baileys rocks. would also like to meet adv riders from our local area.if any one going from mount area millicent etc.
OK, looks like I'm in, has there been any time organised and where to meet sat.. ie is it at the Dergolm pub sat arvo, ?
bigredroosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #103
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,295
I am jealous now

I thought you were too busy farming to go thsi weekend Wal! I will have to console my self by hobbling out to the shed and stroking my bike's tank.

Glencoe and leak Leake hold a special place in my memory Johnboyklr. I learnt to sail on the lake. My dog and I spent many a winter's weekend on my little surfcat. The dog often launched into the lake try to catch the ducks. Retrieving him was a matter of trying to run over him and haul him up onto the trampoline. Memories!

Have a beer for me fellas & pizza too,.
XRman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:19 AM   #104
johnboyklr
Adventurer

sounds good to me dergholm pubsaturday afternoon.your wright xrman lake leake is a nice area. good ridin to.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:33 AM   #105
bigredroosta
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 626
Wicked Dergholm double booking

Oops SWMBO has just reminded me we are overnight in Shepparton for an appointment saturday morning 19th. And a 4 1/2 hr drive home, making it now about impossible for me to get to the Dergholm/Baileys Rocks GTR weekend.
Damn!
Hope a few of you still "rock" up...

Hey XRman easy up on the tank stroking!!!!
bigredroosta is offline   Reply With Quote