User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
Beezer Josh OP
Disgruntled Minion

Oddometer: 902
Holey fender!

So I bought this replacement seat from Capitol Cycle. I'm not too pleased with it, but I'm trying to make due for now. It has a fiberglass seat pan with two rivets in the bottom-I'm not sure what service the rivets perform. The hinges they gave me don't fit the pan so I just left them off, besides it makes getting to the tool tray easier since I can lift off the entire seat. Unfortunately one of the rivets is wearing a hole in my rear fender. It's messed up my original paint job which irks me. I tried to superglue some rubber standoffs to the rubber pads to raise the seat a hair, but this didn't even last a ride. Anyone else have this problem with suggestions on how to fix it? Here are some pics.

The seat pan with some foam covering the rivet in question. The rear rivet is exposed. Can I just grind these off?

My fender with the hole rubbed in the paint.

I originally purchased a seat cover and foam from Capitol Cycle, but the foam didn't fit the seat cover or my original metal pan. Maybe I can take the whole shebang to a local upholsterer and get them to fill in the empty spaces...?
Beezer Josh is offline   Reply With Quote