User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
Titan1969 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Ride from SoCal to Big Sur for camping

My latest trip from Newport Beach, CA to Big Sur for camping overnight. Next trip is camping in Sequoia NF, then Road to Hana in April, then in May epic trip from LA to Purdhoe Bay, AK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgLp...ature=youtu.be
Titan1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:26 PM   #2
Mcgee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Thanks for the video, looked to be a nice ride for sure. You are right, the now is all we have, so savor it!
Old 02-10-2014, 04:17 AM   #3
Titan1969 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcgee View Post
Thanks for the video, looked to be a nice ride for sure. You are right, the now is all we have, so savor it!
Riding requires a lot of decision making and attention, and that helps many riders forget their worries and stress of life, while they ride. At least that's how it works for me.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:59 PM   #4
Fijibubba
Pavelow guy

Oddometer: 40
Great Video. When did you do the ride? I accompanied a buddy of mine and rode down PCH from northern Oregon this past May back to LA. What a great area of the country to see on a motorcycle. How long did it take you to ride from Newport to Big Sur?
Old 02-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
Titan1969 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijibubba View Post
Great Video. When did you do the ride? I accompanied a buddy of mine and rode down PCH from northern Oregon this past May back to LA. What a great area of the country to see on a motorcycle. How long did it take you to ride from Newport to Big Sur?
Thanks for watching the vid. This was two weeks ago that i recorded it.
From Newport to the camp area was about 7 hours, 350 miles taking my time to take video and pics. It is quite a beautiful place and even better off-season, less tourists.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #6
SocalMotoRider
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Awesome video, I am thinking about doing a ride like this from San Diego on my DRZ400 just not sure where to go yet but your video really inspires me to start planning
SocalMotoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:44 PM   #7
rlmankins
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Ak trip

Perhaps I will see you on the road. Leaving for the Dempster Highway, Yukon Territory, May 23 from Pahrump, NV. Thought about the Dalton but I think I will fly to Anchorage next year, Rent a Bike and do Prudoe. Planning on being in Dawson for DtD June 19,20, then head home. Want to be there and back before tourists descend en Mass. Have a great ride.

Roy
rlmankins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:19 PM   #8
Fijibubba
Pavelow guy

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan1969 View Post
Thanks for watching the vid. This was two weeks ago that i recorded it.
From Newport to the camp area was about 7 hours, 350 miles taking my time to take video and pics. It is quite a beautiful place and even better off-season, less tourists.
After watching the video, I'm inspired to start doing short overnight trips. Your photography is great! I am really contemplating just hopping on the bike next week and heading for Big Sur with an overnight pack. Thanks for posting again. What was the overnight temp up there camping?
Old 02-12-2014, 10:42 PM   #9
Titan1969 OP
Adventurer

Im glad I could inspire a few people with my videos. I have a few more videos up on YT that are longer and a bit more exciting.

Im leaving for Purdhoe Bay, AK on May 31st, 2014. Ill definitely check on Advrider often as time grows closer, to find out if I could link up with anyone along the way. Im planning 2 days from Newport Beach, CA to Vancouver, Canada. Then 3 days to AK/Canada border, then 2 days to get to the Arctic Ocean

Road to Hana is first though, Im renting a Vstrom in Maui, HI in April...ill be recording it and hopefully edit a decent video out of all.

Titan1969 screwed with this post 02-13-2014 at 06:04 AM
Old 02-13-2014, 06:57 AM   #10
Tamalerider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
planning on heading to purdhoe bay from the bay area last week of may or first week of June. Not exactly sure yet. 35 days of riding, hitting some cities along the way to party with friends. Plan to hit purdhoe bay 15 days into the trip.
Tamalerider is offline   Reply With Quote