Old 02-13-2014, 08:18 AM   #151
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 7,067
Old 04-19-2014, 09:39 PM   #152
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

Oddometer: 1,458
"The phrase “Check is in the Mail” was meant that we will pay the ***** royalty payment. Never was there a date or time attached to this phrase. "

--Jayson Nelson of Cozy Cruiser

[sigh]

My bad. Shook hands and signed on the dotted line with a skunk and didn't notice the smell. Would you ride uncharted trails with an unethical and foolish man? Looks like Spud will not be on the market this year as I disentangle my affairs with this "businessman". Put's "THE RIDE" off another two years.

Better than being associated with a check's-in-the-mail kinda guy.

Thanks for the new sig line, Mr. Nelson.

Yes, please.
PapaYolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:30 AM   #153
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Damn, sorry to hear the bad news .... you never know what lurks in the heart of evil men or what evil lurks in the heart of men or some such negativity.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #154
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander View Post
Damn, sorry to hear the bad news .... you never know what lurks in the heart of evil men or what evil lurks in the heart of men or some such negativity.

It is sad, seeing a man fail. Now, with patent in hand, I may be able to manufacture in Idaho.

My boy is building a proto Adventure Spud.

My youngest rolled home in his '79 Chevy van pulling our '64 Shasta. Worked on the road, atop a fire belching re-paver. I spot a sun burned KLR, Buzz Light-year colors, snugged up against the blue shag wall in the old van. His first bike. "Not letting you ride off to strange lands alone, old man." He has a plan; got his learner's permit, birth certificate, a few cans of flat black paint... and applied for a passport. "Can't stop me, old man." What's a dad to do? I got him a new helmet and leather and he's ordered a new set of handlebars, discovering already that his long legged mule is not as surefooted in mud as our CT 90s.

The boy is 26. His real plan is girls. Girls at ride venues where I will be promoting Spud when production starts. So I drew up some plans of my own, for his KLR, on the wall, with boot black:

Spud Lite: a knee high platform for stacks of beer and firewood, a four and a half foot (tongue to tale) cargo lockup and, using my proprietary design, a six and a half foot bunk and shelter.

after paint and a few parts

Yes, please.

PapaYolk screwed with this post 04-22-2014 at 09:32 AM
Old 05-18-2014, 06:48 PM   #155
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

Needed a trailer hitch on my 650 to pick up spud. Strapped on 11 lbs of aluminum at the scrap yard for 11 bucks. At home, hand held drill and hack saw, bolts and brackets from the hardware store and a ball from Bi-Mart.

So I fabricated a hitch in my back yard. Fabricating... something Cozy Cruiser Mfg. Inc. could not manage to do to one part of Spud, in 22 months. They have opted out of our Patent Licensing Agreement and the rusted old prototype is home. Time to referb her and go looking for a local manufacturer.

Yes, please.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:08 PM   #156
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,212
That sucks.Better luck with the next shop.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:32 AM   #157
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

Little 650 thumper had enough torque to pull spud over the Cascades breaking the speed-limit. Bone jarring. Great fun. With the off-shore power unit out she only weighs 110 lbs.

Yes, please.

PapaYolk screwed with this post 05-19-2014 at 09:48 AM
Old 05-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #158
scfrank
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaYolk View Post
To all who have expressed interest in building a Spud of their own. After counseling from a "good" lawyer (Dykas & Shaver, Boise) I have decided to sell plans/parts-lists to Spud. Details will be posted in the vendors forum. The offer will grant a licence to build one unit. The plans will be copyrighted and only delivered after receipt of a liability waver.

Now the fun part. A unit number tag corresponding to the licence agreement will be issued with each plan set. Units 0001, 0002, and 0003 will require a production quality build and commitment to hit a few shows this spring. 1-3 will need a submition to show the quality of workmanship the builder will attempt. All licencees can run as far and wide as they will with the concept understanding all inovation and improvments become the property of the licencor. For example, even a sidecar that opens into a bed would need a licensing agrement because it uses Spud's opening process.

How much would be a resonable charge? If one is granted the 0001 - 0003 build rights the price will be $1.

I picked up Spud II from the fabricators today because I want to go winter camping.
I think that previous lawyer underestimated your business acumen.

"No, I give it up." Alice replied. "What's the answer?"

"I haven't the slightest idea." Said the Hatter.

"Nor, I" said the March Hare.
scfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #159
VladM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Thumb

Just read through and have to . Innovative idea and unorthodox way to enjoy riding and the great outdoors. I enjoy your writing style too Papa, although I can't figure out about 30% of what you are saying (more due to a cultural/generational than language barrier). Keep living the dream and don't give up, you are the role model and the envy of many of us.
VladM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #160
Gadget Man
Out in the Garage...

Oddometer: 78
PapaYolk

I have followed this thread from the very beginning someday hopping to find a link to where I could purchase the plans or a finished model. I cant imagine your disappointment when CozyCruiser dropped the ball. I wish you luck in moving forward and finding a local manufacturer. Please keep us all informed.

I can sort of say I've walked in your shoes, but only in the building process, as I have built a (full sized) Tear-Drop camper. I never thought of going through all the hard work and expense of acquiring a patent, I had nothing that was proprietary. I gained a lot of build knowledge from a Forum Group and then just added my personal spin to it.

I'd like to share a couple of pictures only to inspire others what can be done when someone puts their heart and soul into an idea.

Keep in touch.
Gadget Man

Current bike.
2013 V-Strom 650 Adventure
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:06 AM   #161
aftCG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
To the OP,
Your tenacity is an inspiration to a lot of us.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:01 PM   #162
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

Mip

Papa Yolk, aka:

Timothy Mazac, CEO
Mazac Intellectual Property LLC.
Roswell, Idaho

Thanks, aftCG, VladM, scfrank, and Gadget Man (nice rig).

Having extricated myself from a failed patent licencing agreement I am now sitting pretty, patent in hand. My new patent holding company, MIP, will be manufacturing Spud here in the Treasure Valley. Standard model should run around 3.2 k. to get the ball rolling. I now hold a 94.76% membership of Mazac Intellectual Property LLC.. My Junior High buddy who funded the provisional patent application got 5% when I valued my IP @ 100k (score). The remaining two fractional percentage members are family friends whom bought @ 1m and 5m valuations.

Seeing this project through has had an astounding effect and I have lost 55lbs, my RA has gone into remission, and after 25 years off shuffling like an old man I am dancing, laughing, writing a column for the local paper (pen name, Papa Yolk) and catching up on that midlife shit I had missed by going straight to old-man.

May not have made it without the wealth of encouragement from inmates here. I have, for inmates, set aside 1% (100k) of MIP @10m valuation for the last and only memberships (two) offered to the public.

If any of you hear opportunity knocking. PM me.

Yes, please.

PapaYolk screwed with this post 09-20-2014 at 10:10 PM
Old 09-20-2014, 10:42 PM   #163
DCrider
Live from THE Hill

Oddometer: 4,059
PY congrats, ur lookin great, keep u the good work!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:18 AM   #164
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Wow, at first glance I thought you posted a pic of you from many years back. Way to go!!

Every cloud does have a silver lining if you look hard enough.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:56 AM   #165
Offcenter
On The Road Again!

Oddometer: 237
EXCELLENT! Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics of a production unit!

77 Honda CT-90
76 Honda GL-1000
Offcenter is offline   Reply With Quote