User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #121
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

Oddometer: 1,406
Update

Jayson is looking to be production ready by January. The new and improved Spud will have an aluminum frame.
I'm first on the "to get" list. I will be contacting all who have PMed and emailed me and be collecting contact info from those who want to be on "The List". I will update Spud 3's progress here and on Facebook (Tim Mazac) and give a unit price as soon as we figure it out. Jayson's full sized teardrops are SWEET, so I'm confident the new and improved Spud will shine.

Yes, please.
PapaYolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #122
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,684
Old 09-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #123
slyeager
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Sweet, I see a trip out west in my near future next summer/fall............
slyeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #124
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

Faceless gimp

Seems my patent lawyer has immortalized me as the faceless gimp in my NPU patent application.

Yes, please.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #125
RedRockRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,198
Faceless Gimp . . .

Glad it seems to be going well!

RedRockRider - WR250R, TW200, Versys, Vulcan 900 LT, Zuma 125

Southwest Utah: Dual Sport Riding from St. George
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725976
RedRockRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #126
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,904
Damn that is one great trailer....you now have me rethinking my next two wheeled trailer designs.....thanks.....
Old 10-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #127
DCrider
Live from THE Hill

Oddometer: 3,952
Sweet trailer but ya forgot something...a wet bar
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

but dont worry, for a mere $150k you can get one, too much $$ you say but it does come fully stocked
Old 10-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #128
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

Cool wet bar. I don't entertain much, so a burger and brew will do.

Yes, please.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:59 AM   #129
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,462
Love me some Mississippi Mud ... and I still dig the trailer.
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #130
actionshooter10
n00b

Oddometer: 4
AWESOME idea and congrats on you following through and not giving up on your dream.

Put me on the interested list. I look forward to hearing more around January.
actionshooter10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #131
blacktruck
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Thumb Neat idea..

Mark me down as interested. I'm still away for a bit longer but this is just what I was looking for.
Great report and idea.
Thanks for sharing it with us..
Stay safe man...
Old 03-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #132
scottyj1
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaYolk View Post
When I was a lad there were service stations where men in hats and ties would scurry around dad's car, spraying and wiping glass, popping the hood, wiping the dip stick, and pumping gas. If it was a fill-up we would often be offered a free drinking glass or dinner plate to add to a set. Those long ago memories came flooding back when I stopped for gas in Bend, Or.

Sometimes things "retro" can be improved upon.

I remember this place, over fifty years back. Dad bought a cut and polished thunder-egg here and proudly shared it with Uncle Loyd, chief of police in Burns. Loyd laughed at dad's paying five bucks for a rock and said he could take us to where they could be dug up like spuds. The next day we spent a couple hours bouncing along and eating dust in a Willys Overland. We brought back a half filled ash can of golf to soft ball sized geodes. When we got home to Cal., dad bought a rock saw and started cutting. When he found some with agate or amethyst inside he was hooked, became a rock-hound. It was great. He bought a jeep. Every other weekend we would grind out onto the Mojave following a hand drawn map picked up at a rock-swap-meet or printed in a rock-hound publication and hunt treasure. As he wasted away in bed out at the VA hospital years later, he was still working stone, chipping bits of the fire from precious opals and dropping them into little glass bulbs filled with glycerin, making earrings.

Mom married a jerk afterwards. We moved to Florida, but before we left I had all dads rocks, that were to be left behind, hauled over to my best friend's house; 1/4 ton of childhood treasures. We spread them through his pop's well manicured flowerbeds and around his fish pond. I kept all the petrified sharks's teeth and arrowheads.

dude,I was reading about your rock quest with your dad,man I love hearin them old stories from back then.I wish I was not born so late as I feel i really missed out on what America once was.
scottyj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #133
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaYolk View Post
Jayson is looking to be production ready by January. The new and improved Spud will have an aluminum frame.
I'm first on the "to get" list. I will be contacting all who have PMed and emailed me and be collecting contact info from those who want to be on "The List". I will update Spud 3's progress here and on Facebook (Tim Mazac) and give a unit price as soon as we figure it out. Jayson's full sized teardrops are SWEET, so I'm confident the new and improved Spud will shine.
Any updates?
Old 05-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #134
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,014
Is this thing on?
Old 07-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #135
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383 View Post
Is this thing on?
Yes, trailrider383, this is still on. Sorry for the late reply, hadn't visited back to this thread in a long time. Having not experienced bringing a new product in to production, Jason and I were a bit optimistic with our projections. Again, sorry.

Things always seem to take more time. On the forth of July I met a most remarkable man from Australia who has worked six years at enabling his wife, paralyzed from the chest down in a motorcycle accident, to ride again. She rode up with her feet strapped to a KTM with two front wheels that track with the rear wheel. Just like riding a bike. He developed a switch-activated means of locking the cantilevering front end to turn the hybrid into a trike when stopped so that one can take their hands off the bars.

Here is their trip thread:.

I met this remarkable couple because I'm listed here on tent space. If you're a bit of a recluse, like me, it's a cool way to meet new fellow riders in the comfortable surroundings of your own home.

Yes, please.