ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Explorer or Explorer/XC
Explorer 0 0%
Explorer/xc 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #2176
Echo3Niner
Adventurer
 
Echo3Niner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Oddometer: 99
http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/04/26...er-first-ride/
__________________
Semper Fi
2011 Triumph Daytona 675 SE & 2013 Ducati Diavel Strada Former 2007 RW&B VFR800
Marine Veteran & father of Sgt. Doug; (2 tours: Iraq) AND Former 2nd Lt. Corielle (Corie); VMI NROTC/Marine Opt. Grad
“Reveal to us the metal of thy character; suffer the courage of thy convictions.”
Echo3Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #2177
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper
 
moggi1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Madison, NJ
Oddometer: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLuke View Post
moggi who is your dealer ?
Trebour Motorcycles of Ledgewood NJ.

They have their techs being trained next week so hopefully the Explorer will follow shortly after.

I bloody hope so. The waiting was bad enough when Europe were getting theirs but now the US is rolling them out.............................
__________________
Moggi1964

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #2178
NewYorkLuke
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Oddometer: 308
im with you moggi seems everyone else is getting theirs but im stuck waiting waiting waiting !!!!
__________________
2014 Ram 2500 4600mi 12 Impreza 117,000mi 12 Tiger Explorer 15,700 mi 09 Aprilia RXV 450 320 miles 13 Husky Terra 4209
The sheep don't like the sheep dog until the wolf comes around
7116 days
NewYorkLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #2179
Brian06
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Brian06's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Vernon, B.C.
Oddometer: 116
Even worse for me since I bet Canada gets them after the states
Brian06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #2180
bross
Where we riding to?
 
bross's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Osoyoos, BC
Oddometer: 4,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian06 View Post
Even worse for me since I bet Canada gets them after the states
Just got this e-mail yesterday...

The all new Tiger Explorer is finally here.

And it’s definitely been worth the wait. With a robust shaft drive,
class-leading handling and all-new 1215cc engine, it’s ready to take
on the world. All it needs is a rider. Are you in?

For a test ride or to place a deposit,
visit your local Triumph dealer today.

I put a deposit down on a Tiger 800XC last week and the dealer didn't have the Explorer yet, but he said real soon.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #2181
Brian06
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Brian06's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Vernon, B.C.
Oddometer: 116
That is good news! I called my dealer 2 days ago and he was still thinking it would be coming early May. I am supposed to call back early next week for an update.
Brian06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #2182
NewYorkLuke
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Oddometer: 308
atleast you guy are getting some answers i have no word on when mine should be in and seems like every dealer around other then mine has them
__________________
2014 Ram 2500 4600mi 12 Impreza 117,000mi 12 Tiger Explorer 15,700 mi 09 Aprilia RXV 450 320 miles 13 Husky Terra 4209
The sheep don't like the sheep dog until the wolf comes around
7116 days
NewYorkLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #2183
Voluhzia
iExplorer
 
Voluhzia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Cary, North Carolina
Oddometer: 1,604
Just test rode the Explorer here in Raleigh, NC.

Triumph - excellent job. No comparison to GS or Tenere.
__________________
2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer

http://novascotiaexplorer.blogspot.com/
Voluhzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #2184
Moore_Power
Adventurer
 
Moore_Power's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: PA
Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLuke View Post
atleast you guy are getting some answers i have no word on when mine should be in and seems like every dealer around other then mine has them
Not really surprised by this, It seems Triumph doesn't communicate effectively with the dealers on newly released models. Same thing happened with the release of the Tiger 800s.
__________________
'11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
'11 BMW R1200RT
Moore_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #2185
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper
 
moggi1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Madison, NJ
Oddometer: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLuke View Post
atleast you guy are getting some answers i have no word on when mine should be in and seems like every dealer around other then mine has them
At least you and I will get the 1215.2 version which will have ironed out any problems
__________________
Moggi1964

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #2186
NewYorkLuke
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Oddometer: 308
i like the way you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by moggi1964 View Post
At least you and I will get the 1215.2 version which will have ironed out any problems
__________________
2014 Ram 2500 4600mi 12 Impreza 117,000mi 12 Tiger Explorer 15,700 mi 09 Aprilia RXV 450 320 miles 13 Husky Terra 4209
The sheep don't like the sheep dog until the wolf comes around
7116 days
NewYorkLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #2187
Rob Dirt
More or less in line
 
Rob Dirt's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Mobile
Oddometer: 2,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moore_Power View Post
Not really surprised by this, It seems Triumph doesn't communicate effectively with the dealers on newly released models. Same thing happened with the release of the Tiger 800s.
+1. I know how y'all feel.
I put $1000 down on a black XC non-ABS in November 2010. When the first 800s showed up, I did not get one. After bitching for weeks, I got a white XC ABS. Weeks after everybody else. I will never preorder anything from Triumph again.
__________________
Heart of Dixie
Rob Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #2188
NewYorkLuke
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Oddometer: 308
Dont tell me these things I will be ver unhappy if i takes longer then the dae i was quoted may 14th. im already being impaient and the duc hasnt left my garage yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
+1. I know how y'all feel.
I put $1000 down on a black XC non-ABS in November 2010. When the first 800s showed up, I did not get one. After bitching for weeks, I got a white XC ABS. Weeks after everybody else. I will never preorder anything from Triumph again.
__________________
2014 Ram 2500 4600mi 12 Impreza 117,000mi 12 Tiger Explorer 15,700 mi 09 Aprilia RXV 450 320 miles 13 Husky Terra 4209
The sheep don't like the sheep dog until the wolf comes around
7116 days
NewYorkLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #2189
Climb14er
Jazz Aficionado
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Oddometer: 39
Stopped by the local Triumph dealer this morning. They got in the Explorer yesterday. Blue model, black on order to arrive in May.

Was able to get the balls of my feet down, 31 inch inseam in boat shoes. In Wesco and Aerostitch Combat Lites, should be able to flat foot. Didn't know which setting the seat was in.

Nice looking bike, clean lines... dealer is asking MSRP plus $1100.00 shipping and prep. The sales manager said he'll come down once he's got bikes in and IF they don't move.

He didn't order any launch packages... to maximize his return by selling all the 'stuff' separately.

I like the looks of the bike and looking forward to actual reviews by inmates and others who will put it through its paces.
__________________
“The strength of an individual is not measured by how much one can control others, but by how much one can control oneself.” Hidy Ochiai
Climb14er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #2190
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper
 
moggi1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Madison, NJ
Oddometer: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb14er View Post
Stopped by the local Triumph dealer this morning. They got in the Explorer yesterday. Blue model, black on order to arrive in May.

Was able to get the balls of my feet down, 31 inch inseam in boat shoes. In Wesco and Aerostitch Combat Lites, should be able to flat foot. Didn't know which setting the seat was in.

Nice looking bike, clean lines... dealer is asking MSRP plus $1100.00 shipping and prep. The sales manager said he'll come down once he's got bikes in and IF they don't move.

He didn't order any launch packages... to maximize his return by selling all the 'stuff' separately.

I like the looks of the bike and looking forward to actual reviews by inmates and others who will put it through its paces.
Don't like the sound of your dealer, mind you.

Seems a bit 'it's all about the money'.

Sigh!
__________________
Moggi1964

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014