Old 05-06-2012, 06:50 AM   #2386
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer: 7,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototopo67 View Post
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Where did the fender extender come from??
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #2387
mototopo67
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaelicDog View Post
Where did the fender extender come from??

home made
mototopo67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #2388
gkgeiger
Every ride is an ADV

Oddometer: 665
Hardings Park Cycle in Canton Ohio has one on the floor ready for delivery. I have bought a couple of bike there and if anyone is interested in this one PM me and I'll tell you who to talk to.
'12 NC700X/D
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #2389
Bryn
Leicester England

Oddometer: 346
Quote:

[FONT=Calibri]

Out of interest how have you mounted your givi top box plate?

It's the same one as mine so it's good to compare notes
Old 05-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #2390
mototopo67
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
Out of interest how have you mounted your givi top box plate?

It's the same one as mine so it's good to compare notes

mototopo67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #2391
Bryn
Leicester England

Oddometer: 346
Quote:

Is that an adapter plate between the rack and the plate?

The Givi plate I used only has 2 slots for fastening, so I had to be inventive

Old 05-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #2392
NewYorkLuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
4-5 days would be awesome, I have this weekend free so if it were to come this week that would be perfect. My next free weekend is about a month. . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voluhzia View Post
I was told by my dealer that when they get the VIN, it means the vehicle cleared the customs and on its way to distribution hub. Once there, it's just the matter of scheduled delivery trucks going on the route... Ours is about 4-5 days between the VIN and delivery...
Old 05-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #2393
Voluhzia
iExplorer

Oddometer: 1,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLuke View Post
4-5 days would be awesome, I have this weekend free so if it were to come this week that would be perfect. My next free weekend is about a month. . . .
Well, I haven't gotten a VIN yet and wish it comes way before May 18th, that's when I'm supposed to be at Eastern Rendezvous in Laurel Springs, NC for the weekend and rally...

Want to get 500 miles service done before departure as well...

http://novascotiaexplorer.blogspot.com/
Voluhzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #2394
NewYorkLuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
+1 I'll take it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiFastBadly View Post
Wow, that's an unbelievable offer. The dealer takes all the risk. Never heard of such a thing. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #2395
Too Many Toys
Adventure Poseur

Oddometer: 1,200
Triumph Explorer 1200, first 600 miles

Finally got to put a few miles on my Explorer. Have to say Iím very impressed. Without making this TOO long of a post Iíll try to share some thoughts.

Pros:
Great motor! Sounds great, preforms great, gets good fuel mileage. Its almost like a electric motor, tons of torque from the basement. Seat of the pants says it would run & hide from most big adventure bikes in a top gear roll on.

Factory seat is good, all-day comfort.

I was a little suspect of Ďthrottle by wireí. But I have to say the fueling is spot on, and it isnít overly sensitive off idle. LOVE the electronic cruise control as I have a bad right wrist & the cruise allows me to rest it while holding a true speed, unlike throttle stop type of cruise controls.

Fuel mileage/range- This is a big concern but maybe not. In my short time the worst has been 41MPG, best 45+MPG, average 43MPG. Granted I havenít ran it too hard yet, but the 41MPG was some pretty hard corner attacking, lots of high RPM downshifts, high RPM acceleration. Looks that you would be hard pressed to get less then 240 mile range. So very close to non-Adventure GSís as I remember.

The riding position is good for a short fat guy like me. You sit more in it then on top of it like a GS. I can easily reach the ground with the seat in low position, and it doesnít bother my bum knee like a GS did. (I love BMW GSís, and will probably have more, so Iím not anti-GS).

The factory tall touring screen in the mid position is again, perfect for me. At 5í8Ē I get no debris on my face shield and no buffeting.

I have not touched the suspension adjustments but it is compliant while still allowing aggressive riding.

Cons:
Not many :)

I do have a small issue where it will shut down sometimes while rolling to a stop. Its like you hit the kill switch. But it will start right back up. The damn thing is so quiet & smooth at idle I donít realize its dead. Hopefully this is either a isolated issue or Triumph will solve it with a software update.

Lets see, there has to be more cons? Iíll give that some thought.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #2396
Too Many Toys
Adventure Poseur

Oddometer: 1,200
U.S. born on dates?

What date did you take delivery of your Explorer in the U.S? My delivery date was 4/25/12 (Iowa). Mine was ready 4/24 but I couldn't get there to pick it up, grrrrr
Old 05-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #2397
Jud
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Toys View Post
Finally got to put a few miles on my Explorer. Have to say Iím very impressed. Without making this TOO long of a post Iíll try to share some thoughts.

Pros:
Great motor! Sounds great, preforms great, gets good fuel mileage. Its almost like a electric motor, tons of torque from the basement. Seat of the pants says it would run & hide from most big adventure bikes in a top gear roll on.

Factory seat is good, all-day comfort.

I was a little suspect of Ďthrottle by wireí. But I have to say the fueling is spot on, and it isnít overly sensitive off idle. LOVE the electronic cruise control as I have a bad right wrist & the cruise allows me to rest it while holding a true speed, unlike throttle stop type of cruise controls.

Fuel mileage/range- This is a big concern but maybe not. In my short time the worst has been 41MPG, best 45+MPG, average 43MPG. Granted I havenít ran it too hard yet, but the 41MPG was some pretty hard corner attacking, lots of high RPM downshifts, high RPM acceleration. Looks that you would be hard pressed to get less then 240 mile range. So very close to non-Adventure GSís as I remember.

The riding position is good for a short fat guy like me. You sit more in it then on top of it like a GS. I can easily reach the ground with the seat in low position, and it doesnít bother my bum knee like a GS did. (I love BMW GSís, and will probably have more, so Iím not anti-GS).

The factory tall touring screen in the mid position is again, perfect for me. At 5í8Ē I get no debris on my face shield and no buffeting.

I have not touched the suspension adjustments but it is compliant while still allowing aggressive riding.

Cons:
Not many :)

I do have a small issue where it will shut down sometimes while rolling to a stop. Its like you hit the kill switch. But it will start right back up. The damn thing is so quiet & smooth at idle I donít realize its dead. Hopefully this is either a isolated issue or Triumph will solve it with a software update.

Lets see, there has to be more cons? Iíll give that some thought.
Nice to hear about the 240 mile range as early reports had it at 200 or even less and had that been the case, it wouldn't have been a bike for me. Also good to hear your reports on reach as I have a 30 inch inseam and that's probably near abouts where you are at.

The fueling issue will probably be just a new download away as soon as the bugs are worked.

I really need to get by a couple of dealers and test the Yammy and this Triumph. I will say the cruise is a hard thing to pass up as I have an Audiovox unit on my DL.
Blue Skies Coming
Jud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:13 AM   #2398
Farside13
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
The gleaming beast

The new beast a couple of weeks ago on delivery day
Farside13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:21 AM   #2399
scottie boy
Homebrew Guru

Oddometer: 1,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaelicDog View Post
Freedom Powerports on Cobb Parkway in Kennesaw.
First off, congrats on the new bike. I live about a mile from that dealership and bought my old V-Strom from them back when they used to carry Suzuki. I need to swing by there and see if they have another Tiger I can ogle.
scottie boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #2400
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer: 7,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie boy View Post
First off, congrats on the new bike. I live about a mile from that dealership and bought my old V-Strom from them back when they used to carry Suzuki. I need to swing by there and see if they have another Tiger I can ogle.
I was pleased with the deal, tell Roger that Jerry (the guy that bought the first one) sent you!

Unless they got one unexpectedly, they are waiting on their next one.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote