Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #46
Drizzt
Ranger

Oddometer: 1,032
My 125

Found the thread and figured I would join in, here's my 89 nx125

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good- Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?” Pirsig
Drizzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #47
Leo.G
Is still learning

Oddometer: 347
I hope it could be useful to you...

Mine is in Portuguese, but if you wait until tomorrow I could look for the diagram of the NX 200, that may be in Spanish and could be easier to understand..

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...sam8vt&thumb=4

Hi and welcome to this small thread Drizzt, your NX is beatiful, congratulations!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:38 AM   #48
jan.van.gent
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
nice nx125 drizzt!
jan.van.gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #49
Bronco638 OP
Nobody Home

Oddometer: 3,422
Thanks Leo. Portuguese is close enough. My mom is of Portuguese decent (Azores). I'll bet she can help translate. If not, you certainly can!

@Drizzt: Welcome! Was the NX painted that color when you got it or did you do that?

Andy holds the lead. And he will, all the way to the Highway. Today is his day.
Bronco638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #50
Leo.G
Is still learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco638 View Post
Thanks Leo. Portuguese is close enough. My mom is of Portuguese decent (Azores). I'll bet she can help translate. If not, you certainly can!

@Drizzt: Welcome! Was the NX painted that color when you got it or did you do that?
Mmmm

I don't speak any Portuguese at all, I just manage to understand things of the manuals of my bike, but if you have any problem we'll try to figure out a solution, there is always a solution for everything, je!

Tomorrow I'm going to Rio Cuarto again, I hope I could find a good bus and also that I could buy everything I need after getting out of the University. If everything goes well, I'll be back in a bus to my town with "The happy bag" jajaj!
Old 10-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #51
Drizzt
Ranger

Quote:

The nx was painted by the previous owner, another inmate. He had an nx650 that was also the same color, but alas I only had funds for the 125. I"m not sure how it was painted, but it was done professionally. I really like the mods he did, it has a xenon headlight (super bright), wider footpegs, and high handlebars (good thing too, it's a small bike, I couldn't imagine how hunched over I (5 11) or my gf (5 9) would be standing up without them. Great little bike, personally I love it, it reminds me of the simplicity of riding.

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good- Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?” Pirsig
Old 10-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #52
Bronco638 OP
Nobody Home

I recently noticed that my handle bars are slightly "tweaked". The bike must have fallen to the right, with the bars turned to the left. Do you have any idea what bars are on your NX (or could the p.o. tell you)? I'm thinking I may replace my bars this winter. Thanks.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #53
Drizzt
Ranger

Quote:
I recently noticed that my handle bars are slightly "tweaked". The bike must have fallen to the right, with the bars turned to the left. Do you have any idea what bars are on your NX (or could the p.o. tell you)? I'm thinking I may replace my bars this winter. Thanks.
I'm not sure what kind but they are renthal, probably one of the high bends. Unfortunately that's about all I know, I could take a pic if that would help

Old 10-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #54
Bronco638 OP
Nobody Home

A picture would be pretty nice, thanks. If you can post it in this thread, awesome. If you'd prefer to email it to me, I'll PM my email address to you.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:44 AM   #55
Leo.G
Is still learning

Mine are not original, but they are still in a good shape, or that is what I notice at least...

Well, anyway, look what came in the "Happy Bag" (there were some parts I couldn't find in Rio Cuarto, so I bought them here)

Now I have..

- 17T front sproket/gear (Catalano, a national brand)
- 48T rear sproket/gear (Vaz, the same as the original ones)
- 428HX136 chain (Choho, from China, it's a heavy duty chain, here we know them as "reforzadas")
- Both speedometer and tachometer cables.
- 5 silenblocks for the rear hub.
- A pair of black fork boots.
- A new oil seal for the fork that is being repaired.
- A pair of black grips.

Some closer photos to the gears and to the silenblocks!

Now I can do something as I wait for my fork..
Greetings!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:10 AM   #56
jan.van.gent
Gnarly Adventurer

Those hubs, how do you replace them?
How do you get the old ones out of their position?

nice goodies!
Old 10-24-2011, 06:20 AM   #57
Leo.G
Is still learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.van.gent View Post
Those hubs, how do you replace them?
How do you get the old ones out of their position?

nice goodies!
With lots of magic

No, seriously I didn't have to take the little hubs because the ones that were in the bike weren't worn, just a little rusty, but I measured the inner diameter of each one and where just a little about 10mm (The diameter of the bolts that the rear sproket has). I put the sproket and it went fine, I tested it to see ir there was any kind of play but there wasn't, so I went to cut the chain (another story..)

To take the old ones out I've been told to put the head of a screw into the hub, then to bend the little pieces of metal that are in the outer part of the worn hub so as to hang the bolt, then to use a little piece of a pipe a little bigger than the inner diameter of the aluminium hub and slightly smaller than the external diameter of it.. Then to use a fastener and a nut for the screw, so as to screw it and pull the hub up as you adjust the nut in the bolt..

I have to go now, I hope I got across well with this idea, if not we'll see how to make it a little more clear...
Greetings!
Old 10-24-2011, 06:34 AM   #58
jan.van.gent
Gnarly Adventurer

I don't understand your method description.

But i think i don't need to replace them. I changed the rear gear, and there is no play. It's well fixed. The rubber was still ok, the metal was a bit rust but OK.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #59
Leo.G
Is still learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.van.gent View Post
I don't understand your method description.

But i think i don't need to replace them. I changed the rear gear, and there is no play. It's well fixed. The rubber was still ok, the metal was a bit rust but OK.
Yes!

My silenblocks (hubs) were just as yours, and I think my old rear gear was very worn, now I'll use the OEM one and see what happens, je!

Now I have to go to school, but if I don't have my fork for tonight I'll put some photos of the two gears (the newer and the older) to show you the big difference between them, and also how worn was the old one, je!

Greetings!
PD: i'll see if I can make a drawing or something for you to understand the method..
Old 10-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #60
Bronco638 OP
Nobody Home

Do any of you notice that the NX doesn't run as well when temps are cool? I rode to work this morning (45º F - 7º C) and the motor seemed to struggle to rev. I applied a little choke to see if the motor was losing too much heat but that made things worse. It's been running great previously. ??

EDIT: Even colder this morning (37º F - 3º C) but drier. It ran fine. I wonder if the humidity was a factor of the NX was having "one of those days". It seemed OK on the ride home.

Bronco638 screwed with this post 10-28-2011 at 06:49 AM