ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #16
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 12,794
I missed this thread. Very cool.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #17
GhostRunner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 296
Very good, Z, all of it. Glad to see your interest in the early times...

Mick
And they roam the world at will."
Robert Service
'08 DR650 Lots of goodies
GhostRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:07 PM   #18
Easy-Z OP
Me wanna be

Oddometer: 3,424
Mick!
Easy-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:58 PM   #19
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 13,349
Kiger canyon,,

In one of your pics, where you are standing across from the gun sight notch, (with the patches of snow beneath you)there is a faint trail of a road in the upper right area of the pic.(runs diagonal in your pic)
That road turns off to the left just as you enter the Kiger overlook road, and it eventually goes to Diamond,,all dirt/jeep road.
But as to down in that canyon,,,
I have long wanted to ride in (on horseback, bikes aren't allowed) into the bottom of that canyon, you can see the trails going in from up above. Gotta be gorgeous down there, all the aspens and the creek . and no frikken people! Oregon has some pretty special spots for sure! thanks Zacky!

peterman screwed with this post 11-12-2011 at 09:03 PM
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #20
Remarksman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Nice!

I missed this the first time 'round, too. Glad it got bumped up to the front again!
Remarksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #21
Miguel Sanchez
Whatever...

Oddometer: 1,030
Bottom of Kiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
In one of your pics, where you are standing across from the gun sight notch, (with the patches of snow beneath you)there is a faint trail of a road in the upper right area of the pic.(runs diagonal in your pic)
That road turns off to the left just as you enter the Kiger overlook road, and it eventually goes to Diamond,,all dirt/jeep road.
But as to down in that canyon,,,
I have long wanted to ride in (on horseback, bikes aren't allowed) into the bottom of that canyon, you can see the trails going in from up above. Gotta be gorgeous down there, all the aspens and the creek . and no frikken people! Oregon has some pretty special spots for sure! thanks Zacky!
Been there, done that - and it is every bit as beautiful as you'd imagine. Spent many a day chasing elk up the bottom of Kiger and McCoy, all the way to the big bowl shaped head of each canyon. Most of that brush that looks so short form the top is actually way over your head (even on horseback) when you get down in there.

Some purty good fishing to be had in the bottom of Big Indian as well . That part of the state is truly God's country.

01 GS1150, 02 WR426F, 04 XR650L, 04 315R, 04 CRF230F, 81 R100RT (S), 56 G80CS, 87 MT11, 71 TS185, 74 98SR, 74 99RT, 76 TL250, 70 MX125, 80 DR400, 80 RS175, 80 RS250, 78 XR75, 74 RD350, 70 CT70, 06 Monster 620 Dark, and about a dozen more I can't think of right now...
Miguel Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #22
Easy-Z OP
Me wanna be

Oddometer: 3,424
I got to see Gramps 2 weeks ago in the dialysis unit. Still sharp as a tack but weak. It was time. He simply didn't wake up this morning.

I guarantee my Grandpa was tougher than yours.

Quote:
Charles Henry Posthumus, Jr., age 90, died January 14, 2013. He leaves to cherish his memory his wife of 71 years, Theresa Jean (Rollins) and children, Judy Morse Emery, Diane (Norm) Long, Cindy (Roger) Bingham, Randy (Lisa) Posthumus, sisters Gladys (Harold) Krebs, Franny (Keith) Blough, Peg (Hayes) Cargill, and brother, Jerry Posthumus; sister-in-laws Ruth (Bud) Rifenberg and Elenor Rollins, and brother-in-law, Roger (Mary) Rollins. His legacy includes 18 grandchildren, 34 great grandchildren and 3 great great grandchildren.
Chuck was a veteran of WWII, serving valiantly in an Engineer Core of the Army throughout Europe. A great honor was bestowed when he received the Bronze Star and the Medal of Jubilee of Liberty from France for assistance in the D Day invasion.
Much of his life, he worked as a self-employed contractor. He built homes, did remodeling, and had a special gift with fine wood crafting, utilizing his strong character traits of determination and perfectionism. He took great pride in his work and loved to point out the many places where he left his imprint as we traveled around the area.
The family will remember him as a dedicated husband, father and grandfather who taught many great virtues by his example.
A Memorial Service will be held at Christ Lutheran Church on Friday, January 18, 2013 with visitation at 10 AM and the service at 11 AM.
Memorial contributions may be made to Christ Lutheran Church or the Clark Benevolent Fund.
Easy-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #23
Ladukebob
lost in hood river

Oddometer: 1,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy-Z View Post
I got to see Gramps 2 weeks ago in the dialysis unit. Still sharp as a tack but weak. It was time. He simply didn't wake up this morning.

I guarantee my Grandpa was tougher than yours.
Sounds like a great person, and he was lut'ren to boot

Sorry for your lose.
findLadukebob
Ladukebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #24
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 3,037
My condolences Zach. Theirs was the "Greatest Generation".

Also nice to revisit that trip report. I NEED to do that trip!

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #25
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,809
Your grandfather must have been a very special man. Being married 71 years really says something especially in this age of disposable relationships. I bet you have tons of good memories of your grandfather. Sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing this report and a little of your family.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #26
oldmonkeybut
Digital Emigrant

Oddometer: 2,464
My condolences Zack.. I lost my Grandfather at age 94 many years ago. Still think of him often and feel his presence around me. If we were as tough as our grandfathers this world would be a different place.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #27
Johnny Drunkard
Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 6,629
Sorry for your loss Zack.

Sounds like he led a rich & long life!

Be well my friend.

Johnny Drunkard screwed with this post 01-15-2013 at 12:15 AM
Johnny Drunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #28
soyanarchisto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,444
Great RR, sorry I missed it the first time. My condolences on your loss.
soyanarchisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #29
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,555
Your Gramps was a great guy Zack................Thanks for introducing us to him.

Sorry for your loss.

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #30
LittlePosum
Scrappy Marsupial

Oddometer: 330
Sweet RR!

Oregon Outback is awesome! Its fun to see my back yard through another person's lens really great pix Z. I totally got a history lesson too! Grandpa's leave you with good memories!
LittlePosum is offline   Reply With Quote