Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #586
MarcParnes
Tinkerer

Oddometer: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSpeed View Post
You cleared the phone cache? Very important.

SMH10 headset has latest firmware, what version?

Make sure that "Discoverable" is not left on in Bluetooth menu on Nav-V as well after everything is paired, this caused me some problems.

Evidently your device doesn't have a selectable phone mode, just wondering how you go about placing a phone call if you don't have a phone mode?
Ok, I couldn't wait. I cleared the phone cache, hard reset the Nav, repaired everything anew, set Discoverable to off, same result - it won't answer the phone. Just to add another wrinkle, I can call home from the Nav and the phone rings but if I answer it there is no connection between the Sena and the phone. Damn!

Marc
BMW Wheel Balancer and Tools
A life of bikes
MarcParnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #587
JetSpeed
Naviator

Oddometer: 3,004
OK, so try completely resetting the SNH10 next.

My setup had the very same issues as you're experiencing.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #588
MarcParnes
Tinkerer

Quote:
OK, so try completely resetting the SNH10 next.

My setup had the very same issues as you're experiencing.
Reset the Sena by pressing the reset button with the paperclip. Next I reset to factory defaults by holding the phone button for 12 secs. Repaired the Sena to the Nav and the result is the same problem. Amazing!

Marc
A life of bikes
Old 10-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #589
JetSpeed
Naviator

One other thing is that you want to make sure that the SENA is not still paired to the phone, remove the device from the Paired Devices list on the phone completely, remove any other device not used as well.

If it still doesn't work and if it were me, I'd try erasing all the pairing in every item and start over, pairing the [hone to the Nav-V first and then the SMH10 to the Nav-V
Old 10-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #590
MarcParnes
Tinkerer

Quote:
One other thing is that you want to make sure that the SENA is not still paired to the phone, remove the device from the Paired Devices list on the phone completely, remove any other device not used as well.

If it still doesn't work and if it were me, I'd try erasing all the pairing in every item and start over, pairing the [hone to the Nav-V first and then the SMH10 to the Nav-V
Each time I've done this I've cleared all the pairing from all three devices before attempting to repair. I'm wondering if there isn't some compatibility issue between these particular devices, namely the Nav, Razr Maxx and the Sena since your devices are generically the same but specifically different. I've noticed when reviewing Garmin's compatibility list for the 660 as an example that some Android phones are included but others are not. Obviously something is wrong. This phone as well as the headset are so popular that I can't imagine Garmin won't have to do something. At least I'd hope so. In the meantime I can go back to using the phone paired to the Sena as that does work fine. It would have been nice to have the visual cues from the Nav but I'm thinking that isn't going to happen at this point.

I can see you hate to give up as well :-)

Marc
A life of bikes
Old 10-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #591
JetSpeed
Naviator

Don't give up.
It took me a lot of messing around one night, I tried so many different things that I'm not sure what actually resolved the issue, but I had to try and retry a number of times before it all came together.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #592
MarcParnes
Tinkerer

Quote:
Don't give up.
It took me a lot of messing around one night, I tried so many different things that I'm not sure what actually resolved the issue, but I had to try and retry a number of times before it all came together.
I'm sure I won't. Stuff like this eats on me till it gets resolved. Right now I've GOT to make some balancer parts. Lots of orders and stock is running critically low. I probably put 4-5 hours into this the last few days.

Marc
A life of bikes
Old 10-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #593
Jarvis
DC GSer

Oddometer: 10,596
I have a RAZR Maxx HD, paired with Sena and Nav V. I can receive calls through Nav V.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #594
MarcParnes
Tinkerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post
I have a RAZR Maxx HD, paired with Sena and Nav V. I can receive calls through Nav V.
Did you do anything special to get it to work or just pair them normally?

Marc
A life of bikes
Old 10-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #595
Jarvis
DC GSer

Oddometer: 10,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcParnes View Post
Did you do anything special to get it to work or just pair them normally?

Marc
Got called away... I'll type more later, I promise.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #596
deacon51
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
I set my SMH10 with my Galaxy Nexus and NavV so that the phone uses the GPS, but my media still comes from the phone.

Pair Phone with GPS
Turn off GPS
Pair Phone with SMH10
Turn off phone.
Do the multipoint pair with the GPS and the SMH10 (Hold jog dial for five seconds, fast blue blink, click phone button).
On the GPS go to settings for the SMH10 and turn off media.
Power off the GPS
Power on your phone, is settings go to the SHM10 and turn off phone.

Turn everything back on and it all worked.

At least that's how I set mine up last night, not sure if I like it because I don't know how to play/pause from the head set.
deacon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #597
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Oddometer: 17,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
We may be onto something here. I just had a conversation with a parts person at a dealer who shall remain unnamed. I described the GPS Prep mount and the two plugs that are on its harness. The parts person was familiar with this. I then went on to describe that there was a large one that gets plugged into the GSW and a smaller one that does not. Again, the parts person knew this. I then went on to say that I was looking for the mate to the smaller one. The parts person said "hold on, that plug is used for a very specific purpose" to which I responded "what purpose is that?". The answer was "that is used for audio to bikes that have a sound system like a GTL". HA! So, if this person can be believed, our theory has been confirmed.

Am awaiting a call back on that plug, because it will take some digging. I could simply tap into the wires and run the taps into a jack for a patch cord or earphone, but if I can get the actual plug, I can make a much tidier job of it.
UPDATE: I have received a plug and given it a quick test fit to the one on the GPS Prep harness. It fits!

The next step will be to run it to some sort of headset or speaker or something and cause the Nav V to give some sort of spoken direction to confirm that audio is indeed output from that lead. Will update again after I have done that.

The plug is part number:
83 30 0 402 342
Smugmug Discount: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=mStnWv71mNkjo
Support .orgs that work to protect your rights: ACLU, NRA, EFF
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #598
paulhdick
Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 328
Been there, done that ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
UPDATE: I have received a plug and given it a quick test fit to the one on the GPS Prep harness. It fits!

The next step will be to run it to some sort of headset or speaker or something and cause the Nav V to give some sort of spoken direction to confirm that audio is indeed output from that lead. Will update again after I have done that.

The plug is part number:
83 30 0 402 342
I tested that about three years ago on my Nav IV mount with a speaker and some test leads. It does output voice prompts (monaural only) but there was no way to get phone or music out as neither of those functions work unless you have a Bluetooth connection made. If you can get by that you might be able to play wired music .....

09 R1200GS

Been riding pretty much all my life. Raced SoCal desert in the 60's early 70's.

paulhdick screwed with this post 10-30-2013 at 02:10 PM
paulhdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #599
JetSpeed
Naviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhdick View Post
I tested that about three years ago on my Nav IV mount with a speaker and some test leads. It does output voice prompts (monaural only) but there was no way to get phone or music out as neither of those functions work unless you have a Bluetooth connection made. If you can get by that you might be able to play wired music .....
I think he realizes that voice guidance is the only audio he's going to get from the wired connection and that's all he's after.
He's a little odd if you ask me.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #600
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 396
Has GArmin fixed all the Bugs in the NAv V

I have a 660 and it has been a very buggy Nav. The BT is quite poor and drops all the time if you are using say a SMH10 device to stream music to you helment. I have battled with this for some time, even noticed quite a few postings including the below about the issue.

https://www.facebook.com/Garmin/posts/10151384930235706

For me I have spent hours doing all the updates resets etc. As Nav it is good but as a music player it is the worst I've come across. As for BT technology it is Harley Davidson 1940's type technology,