ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #796
smithdt
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Gladstone, QLD, Australia
Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by atg View Post
Smithdt;



1 On the main screen, press "SETTINGS"



2 On teh new screen press "Units & Time"



3 On the new screen press "Units"



4 Choose "miles" for american units or "Kilometers" for metric units.



Once you change among these two options, you will change ALL measuring units including PSI or BAR. Unfortunatelly there is no way you can change items one by one, so if yoy want PSI instead of BAR you will have to change speed to miles, etc.



Andre

Thanks Andre, I've already set up the units & time thing... But didn't realise the only way to see Imperial pressure values was to use imperial speed values as well.

Cheers
smithdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #797
smithdt
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Gladstone, QLD, Australia
Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by atg View Post
Smithdt;



1 On the main screen, press "SETTINGS"



2 On teh new screen press "Units & Time"



3 On the new screen press "Units"



4 Choose "miles" for american units or "Kilometers" for metric units.



Once you change among these two options, you will change ALL measuring units including PSI or BAR. Unfortunatelly there is no way you can change items one by one, so if yoy want PSI instead of BAR you will have to change speed to miles, etc.



Andre

My post to Bails was more about not being able to see the system file so I can delete the US maps to free up some memory.
smithdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #798
JetSpeed
Naviator
 
JetSpeed's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KNZY
Oddometer: 3,039
The BMW Car Mount Part #77 52 8 544 460 is the same exact part(s) as the Garmin Mount 011-02025-00 and I believe that it also includes the Garmin DC Power Cord 010-10747-03 which you must have
There is also a chance that it includes the suction cup mount and disk.

All of these items combined can be purchased for under $60 online, that's what I did so I could use it in my truck.
__________________
Not for the meek.
JetSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #799
Emoto
Sure, why not?
 
Emoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: SE Mass
Oddometer: 17,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSpeed View Post
The BMW Car Mount Part #77 52 8 544 460 is the same exact part(s) as the Garmin Mount 011-02025-00 and I believe that it also includes the Garmin DC Power Cord 010-10747-03 which you must have
There is also a chance that it includes the suction cup mount and disk.

All of these items combined can be purchased for under $60 online, that's what I did so I could use it in my truck.
Does this include a speaker?
__________________
Eventual Master of the Obvious
2005 R1200GS | 2013 R1200GSW | SOHC4 208 | DoD 2032 | BMWMOA | BMWRA | YB
Proud walking jingle in the midnight sun.
Smugmug Discount: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=mStnWv71mNkjo
Support .orgs that work to protect your rights: ACLU, NRA, EFF
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #800
JetSpeed
Naviator
 
JetSpeed's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KNZY
Oddometer: 3,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Does this include a speaker?

Nope, neither does the BMW mount.
It is one of a few downsides to using the Nav-V in a car instead of a Nuvi, the other being the sheer weight and size of the unit.
__________________
Not for the meek.
JetSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #801
Emoto
Sure, why not?
 
Emoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: SE Mass
Oddometer: 17,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSpeed View Post
Nope, neither does the BMW mount.
It is one of a few downsides to using the Nav-V in a car instead of a Nuvi, the other being the sheer weight and size of the unit.
From what I (perhaps incorrectly) understand, BMW will be releasing a car mount kit specifically for the Nav V and that it is not yet available. Are you telling me that the BMW car kit for the Nav V does not include a speaker?
__________________
Eventual Master of the Obvious
2005 R1200GS | 2013 R1200GSW | SOHC4 208 | DoD 2032 | BMWMOA | BMWRA | YB
Proud walking jingle in the midnight sun.
Smugmug Discount: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=mStnWv71mNkjo
Support .orgs that work to protect your rights: ACLU, NRA, EFF
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #802
JetSpeed
Naviator
 
JetSpeed's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KNZY
Oddometer: 3,039
that was my bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
From what I (perhaps incorrectly) understand, BMW will be releasing a car mount kit specifically for the Nav V and that it is not yet available. Are you telling me that the BMW car kit for the Nav V does not include a speaker?

Ahhhh on further review I see that you are correct, BMW's proprietary car kit will include a speaker integrated in the cradle/mount.

Originally the only photo I could find of the BMW device was on this site: http://www.bmw-kirsch.de/onlineshop/...oducts_id=6320
The photo is of the 660 cradle, not realizing that it was an inaccurate depiction of the actual BMW item.
__________________
Not for the meek.
JetSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #803
Emoto
Sure, why not?
 
Emoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: SE Mass
Oddometer: 17,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSpeed View Post
Ahhhh on further review I see that you are correct, BMW's proprietary car kit will include a speaker integrated in the cradle/mount.

Originally the only photo I could find of the BMW device was on this site: http://www.bmw-kirsch.de/onlineshop/...oducts_id=6320
The photo is of the 660 cradle, not realizing that it was an inaccurate depiction of the actual BMW item.
I really haven't been able to find anything authoritative on yet, so I may also be incorrect. I suspect that by March, we'll know.
__________________
Eventual Master of the Obvious
2005 R1200GS | 2013 R1200GSW | SOHC4 208 | DoD 2032 | BMWMOA | BMWRA | YB
Proud walking jingle in the midnight sun.
Smugmug Discount: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=mStnWv71mNkjo
Support .orgs that work to protect your rights: ACLU, NRA, EFF
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #804
OzOldrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
OzOldrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Holbrook NSW Australia
Oddometer: 238
Santa came today with my Nav5 8 days after ordering from usa, good service for this time of year. Now the fun begins.
OzOldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #805
JetSpeed
Naviator
 
JetSpeed's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KNZY
Oddometer: 3,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by sullholb View Post
Santa came today with my Nav5 8 days after ordering from usa, good service for this time of year. Now the fun begins.

What no anti-American ranting over our pathetic economy and postal system?

You'll enjoy the Nav-V.
__________________
Not for the meek.
JetSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #806
OzOldrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
OzOldrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Holbrook NSW Australia
Oddometer: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSpeed View Post
What no anti-American ranting over our pathetic economy and postal system?

You'll enjoy the Nav-V.
Give me time I'm still waiting for a couple of boxes to come yet.

Thanks
Bill

OzOldrider screwed with this post 12-12-2013 at 12:40 PM
OzOldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:39 AM   #807
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Bails's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Wollongong Australia
Oddometer: 397
One thing I have discovered by purchasing a US Nav is you cannot get Lane assist or 3D working, or at least I can't. The "Deluxe" Features only come pre installed. Might have to find a "hack" to make these features work? I have been wondering if I swapped all the Zumo stuff into the NAV would this trick it so I can use my Account to purchase new maps ?? More late night surfing ?
__________________
If it has to Be then it's up to Me!
Bikes Multi Strada 1200 BMW GSA
Bails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:24 AM   #808
OzOldrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
OzOldrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Holbrook NSW Australia
Oddometer: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bails View Post
Yes this took me hours to work out. First you have to turn the Garmin on so the Files can be seen. To do this you need to hold the Right Hand Top of the screen in the Volume screen to get to the developer screen . You then turn on "I think MTS" this allows your computer to see the system files. Turn off and restart the Nav and plug in to computer. Computer needs to have folder access to show hidden and system files.

In the system file you will find the img maps for US.

What I did was copy all the files to a backup , and then deleted the US img files out of the system file , and put Australian map in.

If you need more help ask, I'll pull the Nav off the bike and give a better explanation.

Am off to work now though.
You have to change MTP to mass storage.

Had a hard time getting computer to detect GPS, had to update comp files from Garmin and install Garmin Express, even then it took a few going before windows would recognise the GPS.

Took me awhile to work out you had to go into the volume control panel page and press rh corner to access files. Bit slow I guess.

Just updated with Garmin maps 2014 disc of ebay all good.

As mater of interest for Australians Oztopo maps work fine as well.

Next thing is to delete US maps and a lot of files in there that you will never use.
OzOldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #809
mefly2
Beastly Adventurer
 
mefly2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Big Sky Country
Oddometer: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
I really haven't been able to find anything authoritative on yet, so I may also be incorrect. I suspect that by March, we'll know.
The initial press releases for the Nav V said that the BMW car mount version would have audio capabilities; somewhere they also had a picture which showed the car mount as well. The Nav V car mount is not the same as either the current 4-button BMW cradle or the current Garmin car mount.
__________________
----------------> jer-
30+ years with RTs...then to F/GS; now *Finally*
the BMW: R1200GSW, factory low seat & lower crash bars;
Touratech: Upper Crash Bars, big foot, pannier rack, ZegaPro panniers;
Fuzeblock, Rigid Dually D2 + yellow covers; Wunderlich bar risers w/ Q-adjust
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #810
despistao
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Basque Country
Oddometer: 96
From the official BMW GROUP press release:

"For days when the motorcycle remains in the garage, an automobile mounting kit allows the powerful GPS unit to be used as a portable navigator. A speaker and microphone are integrated into the car kit cradle to provide audio output as well as well as a hands-free cell phone feature."

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/press...tem=node__6629
despistao is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014