User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #871
B00001
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Guys,

Just installed my Nav V on my bike. I paired my cardo ScalaRider Q3 to it, as well as my new Android phone. The Nav 5 is confirmed paired with both.

What I would like to do is to be able to stream Pandora (or whatever Internet radio) to the headset and of course have the Nav be able to cut in with it's directions, or a phone call.

I have the Scala and the phone paired to the Nav but when I pull up Pandora on the phone, it plays through the phone only, not the headset. I was thinking the Nav would act as a 'hub'. Phone (Pandora) goes to Nav, Nav sends it to Scala???

I updated everything first. Nav, Scala, phone, all on latest updates.

Do I need to pair the phone to the Scala as well as the Nav V?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-27-2013, 06:20 AM   #872
B00001
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by B00001 View Post
Guys,

Just installed my Nav V on my bike. I paired my cardo ScalaRider Q3 to it, as well as my new Android phone. The Nav 5 is confirmed paired with both.

What I would like to do is to be able to stream Pandora (or whatever Internet radio) to the headset and of course have the Nav be able to cut in with it's directions, or a phone call.

I have the Scala and the phone paired to the Nav but when I pull up Pandora on the phone, it plays through the phone only, not the headset. I was thinking the Nav would act as a 'hub'. Phone (Pandora) goes to Nav, Nav sends it to Scala???

I updated everything first. Nav, Scala, phone, all on latest updates.

Do I need to pair the phone to the Scala as well as the Nav V?

Thanks in advance!
Well, think I got it to work. Phone gets paired to Nav for calls. Scala paired with Nav on Ch 1 of Scala Headset, Scala paired with Phone on Ch 2 of Headset. Play Pandora on Phone, it goes to headset. Had someone do a test call and the call comes through, stopping the music as it should and the caller's info showing on the Nav.

Will have to test it out some more. I was hoping to have the pandora info showing on the screen of the nav. No biggie.

When I tested a second time, the scala paired automatically with Nav but I had to manually click phone to pair up. Maybe I just did not wait long enough.

Fun Fun Fun...
Old 12-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #873
Exos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quick question... is the NAV V compatible with Birdseye? Seems like it should be... considering it is designed for an "off road" bike.
Exos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #874
JetSpeed
Naviator

Oddometer: 2,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragrvs View Post
Quick question... is the NAV V compatible with Birdseye? Seems like it should be... considering it is designed for an "off road" bike.

Yes.

It's also compatible with Del Monte and Green Giant.

Breakfast first, lunch second and safety third.
I'm a staunch believer in MTGMTT, don't take unnecessary chances too often.
JetSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #875
GeorgeKingGeorge
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Thank you for the pix. I was assuming this modification was possible. Nice to see the confirmation.

Too bad BMW didn't design it this way from the get go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhite5471 View Post
Had a couple of hours free today so I decided to slot the upper holes in the GPS mount.

Turned out the mount is made from aluminum so I just needed some needle files and some patience.

Just thought I'd share....Merry Xmas.
GeorgeKingGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:55 AM   #876
eap
El Adventurero Solitario

Oddometer: 3,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhite5471 View Post
Had a couple of hours free today so I decided to slot the upper holes in the GPS mount.

Turned out the mount is made from aluminum so I just needed some needle files and some ...SNIP.
Good mod, thanks! I am still waiting patiently for mine to arrive.

Question (probably asked before) - how does the NAV 5 screen appear in strong sunlight? Is there a sun shade available?
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride," -From 'Eldorado', Edgar Allen Poe (1849) http://www.eapoe.org/works/poems/eldrdoa.htm
eap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #877
mwhite5471
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
With brightness all the way up its ok apart from when sun is behind you...7-5 o'clock.

I've got a generic 5" sunshade off amazon for $6 that I'm gonna try velcroing to the face with a few short strips today.

There is a custom hood maker but they are closed for the holiday and don't have a V version available yet.

There's a small hole on the front right side...anyone know if this a mic or light sensor?
mwhite5471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #878
Deerhead
Be Safe Out There!

Oddometer: 384
NAV V in a NAV IV side button cradle question

Has anybody physically installed a NAV V in a NAV IV side-buttoned cradle? I have both units and both cradles and the dealer, myself and Garmin BMW guys CANNOT get the NAV V to fit, try as I might!
Ride Safe,
Robert
Old 12-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #879
JetSpeed
Naviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhead View Post
Has anybody physically installed a NAV V in a NAV IV side-buttoned cradle? I have both units and both cradles and the dealer, myself and Garmin BMW guys CANNOT get the NAV V to fit, try as I might!
Ride Safe,
Robert

Several people have reported that it will fit but it is tight, I think there is mention of a little mod (further back in this thread) that you do to make it easy to snap the V into the 4-button cradle.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #880
Deerhead
Be Safe Out There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSpeed View Post
Several people have reported that it will fit but it is tight, I think there is mention of a little mod (further back in this thread) that you do to make it easy to snap the V into the 4-button cradle.

Thanks, BUT I believe your motto and modifying something under warranty is BAD JUDGEMENT IMHO!
My problem is a simple fix, install the NAV V cradle and both units will fit. It just needs to be understood the NAV V won't fit a NAV IV buttoned cradle straight up.
Again, thanks for the info.
Ride Safe,
Robert
Ps the reason I bring this up is I had a 665 'tight' in the cradle because of closeness to my handlebars and after two units failing because of the unit's rear contacts not properly aligned I decided not to do that with the NAV V. My bad judgement event.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #881
JetSpeed
Naviator

Quote:
Thanks, BUT I believe your motto and modifying something under warranty is BAD JUDGEMENT IMHO!

Who the hell said it was "my motto"?? I don't even own a 4-button cradle, it was just something posted that is relevant to your question.
Besides, you don't even know what the modification entails, it may be a mod to the old cradle that's probably not still under warranty.

You wanted to know if anyone had fit the Nav-V to the 4-button cradle and the simple answer is yes, it fits without any mod.

JetSpeed screwed with this post 12-29-2013 at 09:13 AM
Old 12-29-2013, 09:05 AM   #882
Deerhead
Be Safe Out There!

Quote:
Who the hell said it was "my moto"?? I don't even own a 4-button cradle, it was just something posted that is relevant to your question.
Besides, you don't even know what the modification entails, it may be a mod to the old cradle that's probably not still under warranty.

You wanted to know if anyone had fit the Nav-V to the 4-button cradle and the simple answer is yes, it fits without any mod.
Sorry, I was referring to your avatar:
Good Judgment Comes From Experience, Experience Comes From Bad Judgment.

And just trying to agree with you.

Ride Safe,
Robert
Old 12-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #883
JetSpeed
Naviator

Quote:
Sorry, I was referring to your avatar:
Good Judgment Comes From Experience, Experience Comes From Bad Judgment.

And just trying to agree with you.
It's my signature, not my avatar, and it certainly didn't look as though you were in agreeance to anything.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:32 AM   #884
Deerhead
Be Safe Out There!

Quote:
It's my signature, not my avatar, and it certainly didn't look as though you were in agreeance to anything.
I was.
Thanks for the help.
Ride Safe,
Robert
Old 12-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #885
eap
El Adventurero Solitario

Oddometer: 3,228
Quote:
Who the hell said it was "my motto"?? I don't even own a 4-button cradle, it was just something posted that is relevant to your question.

Kinda testy there Jet, and I don't think your correct on this... Unless you can find an alternative post, the following post is back on page 7 or so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andylaser View Post
Actually, the locating lugs are slightly different.

A Nav IV or Zumo will fit a Nav V cradle, but a Nav V will not fit a Nav IV or Zumo cradle.
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride," -From 'Eldorado', Edgar Allen Poe (1849) http://www.eapoe.org/works/poems/eldrdoa.htm
eap is offline   Reply With Quote